PDA

View Full Version : Bear Mtn/Harriman SP NY

Game Warden
08-12-2013, 21:53
I am planning a shuttle/section hike of the trail in this vicinity, but I am concerned about leaving my car parked unattended. Does anyone have any suggestions about places to park or avoid parking? Thanks.

A.T.Lt
08-12-2013, 22:02
The NYS Park Police have a precinct at Bear Mtn. Ive parked my car in the main lot near their bldg for multiple days and never had a problem. Just go in and tell them you will be leaving it there, they may tell you to park it in a certain spot. I always leave a paper on the dashboard with my cell # just in case.

hikerboy57
08-12-2013, 22:03
elk pen is fine. ive left my car there many times fro multi day hikes,never had an issue, ive also parked at various turnouts inside harriman without incident. you can also park at bear mtn,

stalker42
08-12-2013, 23:39
Just a bit up the trail is the Graymoore Monestary. If you call or email them, they will email you a parking pass to park in their lot.

LIhikers
08-13-2013, 00:39
I too have parked at Elk Pen, and in the main lot near the police station, many times with no problem. Enjoy your hike!

redseal
08-13-2013, 17:45
You can park at the Bear Mtn. Inn if you are ending at Bear Mtn. I have parked their with no problems.