PDA

View Full Version : Found a Fly rod on top of Katadin.

Bornwild
08-13-2013, 13:13
I recently hiked katadin via the hunt trail and found a nice fly rod. I assume it was left behind by a thru hiker and i'd like to return it to the owner (after I catch a few with it!).

If you can provide me with the make, model, date it was lost, and a description of the fly that was stuck in the cork handle I will gladdy return it.

evan_rolltide
08-13-2013, 14:53
Maybe contact the rangers there and have them advertise that you found it as well... If it really is a nice combo they are pretty expensive.

Rocket Jones
08-13-2013, 16:00
How do you know the fisherman didn't just step away from his secret spot for a moment? ;)

rocketsocks
08-13-2013, 16:12
Your a good man Chaz...hope you can find the owner, but should you not, your bound to catch some big fish the rest of your life....it's just the way it works.:sun

[bamboo rod, mid june, 7wt, 9ft leader, isonchia bicolor]

coach lou
08-13-2013, 16:17
Another Backpacker lost to Fly fishing, aye RS. That's how it happened to me, on a Montana pack trip my friend handed me a fly rod, said "over there".........didn't pack again for ten years, bought 5 fly rods instead:D

rocketsocks
08-13-2013, 16:50
Another Backpacker lost to Fly fishing, aye RS. That's how it happened to me, on a Montana pack trip my friend handed me a fly rod, said "over there".........didn't pack again for ten years, bought 5 fly rods instead:D

Yep, fly-fishin will do that to ya, especially if your catchin fish. I'm always on the look out for that one big

"unified hiker theory"

Where by I carry light weight stuff to carry more stuff, fishing poles, guides books, journals for pressing botany specimens, telescope, microscope, desk and chair, rug, hoakie lights for stringing around camp, and the newest thought...blow up pak raft...were talkin full blown expeditions style living...just because, but fer now my little 2 foot pak rod will do23383I call it 4 eye's

Water Rat
08-14-2013, 08:12
I seem to remember joking with Oz about this very thing. Hmmmm :-? If he had already visited the summit of Katahdin, I would consider him a prime suspect. :D

coach lou
08-14-2013, 08:14
Your a good man Chaz...hope you can find the owner, but should you not, your bound to catch some big fish the rest of your life....it's just the way it works.:sun

[bamboo rod, mid june, 7wt, 9ft leader, isonchia bicolor]

Nice try RS.....7wt. on TOP of Ktaadn:-?

rocketsocks
08-14-2013, 08:19
Nice try RS.....7wt. on TOP of Ktaadn:-?

Figured I'd give it a shot :D little out of practice here.

Wise Old Owl
08-14-2013, 08:21
and have you been to the knife's edge?

Gray Blazer
08-14-2013, 12:57
Prolly find knives there, right?