PDA

View Full Version : ? Damascus Lodging

ffstenger
08-05-2005, 03:11
I see lots of Inns and hostles for Damascus VA, but is there a small "mom & pop"
kinda hotel there? One of the Inns would be nice if it's not too $$$$$
I'm planning for a section hike the end of Sept for me and 3 hiking partners and
we need 2 rooms, 4 beds for 1 night. any thoughts or opinions I would appreciate.
Thanks,
"Showme"

Lone Wolf
08-05-2005, 05:22
No motels in Damascus. Nearest mom & pop motel is 10 miles away in Abingdon. MRO has a hostel with 5 rooms. Each room sleeps 2. $10 each I think. 276-475-5416 for info.

Doc
08-05-2005, 11:35
I highly recommend the Hike Inn which is right on the main street. Not expensive and Suzanne the owner is a great hostess. Basically there is a bunkhouse with four beds and a bath, but she has been known to open up her house at times for overflow such as during Trail Days. Her number should be in the guide books, but I can look it up if need be.

Doc

Lone Wolf
08-05-2005, 12:02
Hikers Inn 276-475-3788

Red Hat
08-05-2005, 12:34
The Hikers Inn is $20 per night per person as I remember and has beds with mattresses and linens, as well as a bathroom, small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot....
Mount Rogers Outfitters hostel (Dave's Place) has wooden bunks with no mattresses so you use your sleeping bag. It is $10 for the room ($5 per person with two) and the bath is in the front of the hostel. I stayed both places while I was in Damascus waiting for my husband to meet me.

So, for $20 total per day you could stay at Dave's Place and rough it, or for $80 per day you could stay at the Hiker's Inn. Then again, there are those nice bed and breakfasts, that start at about $60 per night per person... You get what you pay for!
Red Hat

ffstenger
08-06-2005, 03:42
Thanks for the info. We'll see you in Damascus this September !!

Lone Wolf
10-25-2007, 01:48
MRO has a hostel with 5 rooms. Each room sleeps 2. $10 each I think. 276-475-5416 for info.

I DO NOT recommend this hostel (Dave's Place) anymore till further notice. See closed thread, Dave's Place - Damascus, in this forum

Appalachian Tater
10-25-2007, 18:21
I see lots of Inns and hostles for Damascus VA, but is there a small "mom & pop"
kinda hotel there? One of the Inns would be nice if it's not too $$$$$
I'm planning for a section hike the end of Sept for me and 3 hiking partners and
we need 2 rooms, 4 beds for 1 night. any thoughts or opinions I would appreciate.
Thanks,
"Showme"

I don't know what your budget is but you certainly can't beat the Lazy Fox Inn (http://www.lazyfoxinn.com/) for having pleasant accomodations, a wonderful hostess, and the best breakfast on the trail.

Local
10-25-2007, 22:33
What Wolf said. Also check this list:

http://www.damascus.org/lodging.html

Hikers Inn has a small room recently built which adjoins the bunkhouse. Some privacy there except for a shared bath. Dancing Bear has the best motel-type rooms in town.

But I think you've been here and gone so maybe use this for your next trip.

TOW
10-25-2007, 23:07
sometimes i let people stay..............

Tennessee Viking
10-25-2007, 23:15
More for the camping end, if you take the Beaverdam Road/Shady Valley highway back into Tennessee, one can camp at Backbone Rock Rec Area.

Just a Hiker
10-25-2007, 23:16
The Hikers Inn is $20 per night per person as I remember and has beds with mattresses and linens, as well as a bathroom, small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot....
Mount Rogers Outfitters hostel (Dave's Place) has wooden bunks with no mattresses so you use your sleeping bag. It is $10 for the room ($5 per person with two) and the bath is in the front of the hostel. I stayed both places while I was in Damascus waiting for my husband to meet me.

So, for $20 total per day you could stay at Dave's Place and rough it, or for $80 per day you could stay at the Hiker's Inn. Then again, there are those nice bed and breakfasts, that start at about $60 per night per person... You get what you pay for!
Red Hat

I was only charged $50.00 at Hiker's Inn for a room in her house.....did that $80.00 include a day's food as well?

Pacific Tortuga
10-25-2007, 23:23
I think she was adding the hikers X 20:$$ room rate(?). I really liked the Hike INN too. Suzanne is a cool laid back owner and very interesting.

Just a Hiker
10-25-2007, 23:55
I think she was adding the hikers X 20:$$ room rate(?). I really liked the Hike INN too. Suzanne is a cool laid back owner and very interesting.

I see....yeah, Suzanne is really nice.

take-a-knee
10-26-2007, 00:32
I think I'll sleep on Lone Wolf's front porch when I get there.

Lone Wolf
10-26-2007, 01:39
More for the camping end, if you take the Beaverdam Road/Shady Valley highway back into Tennessee, one can camp at Backbone Rock Rec Area.

not practical at all. it's 3.8 miles from town, no showers and costs $10. you can camp at The Place in town with showers for $4

Lilred
10-26-2007, 18:11
I second the suggestion for the Lazy Fox if you've got the green. The woman who runs it is amazing and the breakfast is one of the best I've had. Beautiful right by the water.

Lilred
10-26-2007, 18:14
I don't think the Lazy Fox is too expensive, maybe $65 ???? I think it was somewhere around there.

cannonball
10-26-2007, 20:02
sometimes i let people stay..............
And use the phone. Plus you can leave without saying goodbye:confused:

See you in May big guy.

namehere
10-26-2007, 23:13
echo the remarks on suzanne @ the hiker's inn. when i was in need of pockets sewn in my newly acquired lava-lava (no, NOT a skirt, a hawaiin kilt), she generously offered to sew them on for me. a sweet-heart.

mello

notorius tic
10-27-2007, 00:09
YOUR TENT its your home away from home go down on the creeper trail an pull up a spot on 1 of the platforms that are over the river. Our just throuw a bag down on the plat....SWEET SOUNDS OF RIVER A FLOWING.DONT GET KNOW BETTER THAN THIS

Overpass
10-28-2007, 15:52
I DO NOT recommend this hostel (Dave's Place) anymore till further notice. See closed thread, Dave's Place - Damascus, in this forum

Is there any update on this situation? Last info (from other thread) mentioned that the MRO owners were very aware of the Whiteblaze discussions and that they were going to be "addressing the issue".

Pacific Tortuga
10-28-2007, 15:55
I'm sure it has been noted and swept under the rug. :rolleyes:

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 16:25
If you have any doubts or are really concerned about this matter, then you can call Jeff and ask him.

Otherwise, this is mere speculation and gossip on a matter that has already been done to death.

Pacific Tortuga
10-28-2007, 16:49
Call it what you want Jack, I lived it and tried everything you have suggested we do so please do not give it your condescending act.. Guess I do need to get over my, chip on the shoulder, feelings.

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 16:51
It's hardly condescension. If you are genuinely concerned about this matter and aren't merely stirring the pot, then call Jeff, express yopur concerns, and find out what's up. It's not hard to do.

Otherwise, yeah, it's time to let this one go.

Pacific Tortuga
10-28-2007, 17:01
What don't you understand ? I spoke to Jeff and Tom 3 or 4 times about it. They did feel terrible but nothing WAS done.
Jeff even prayed about it with me. I was a little uncomfortable but "Wally needs our prayers", he said. I have no ill feelings for MRO, I was injured and in great pain and it would have been nice to stay longer at Dave' Place but Wally and his issues had me leave after 3 days. Maybe I just thought being so far from home that there were some places that helped injured hikers with a doctors report stay a little longer to re-hab and get back on the Trail.

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 17:22
Well I'm sorry, but it's not like there aren't around sixteen other places in Damascus you could have stayed at or re-located to. Having to leave the MRO hostel wasn't the end of the world.

And you ask about what I understand.....I understand you're determined to remain unhappy over this so there's really nothing to be done about it. Abe Lincoln once said that people are about as happy as they decide they want to be. I'm sorry you're unhappy. But if it were up to me, and I felt I'd been treated badly somewhere, I'd simply decide to stay somewhere else the next time I was in that neck of the woods. And then I'd put it out of my mind and move on.

(And in point of fact, this has indeed happened to me. There was a place I stayed at towards the end of my 2003 thru where I was treated quite poorly. I complained to the management, expressed my concerns, and told them I probably wouldn't be back. And that was it......no register entries, no complaints on the Internet, no re-hashing of the story after telling it on the Internet the first time, etc. I moved on and that was it, without making a Federal Case out if it, or trying to publicly humiliate the people, or calling for a boycottt by hikers, etc. I was pissed at them, but I got over it. I think other folks might want to do likewise; life's too short to spend it angry).

Overpass
10-28-2007, 17:28
It's hardly condescension. If you are genuinely concerned about this matter and aren't merely stirring the pot, then call Jeff, express yopur concerns, and find out what's up. It's not hard to do.

What, so every single hiker who comes through Damasus is gonna have to call first to see if they will be subject to abusive and racist behavior at the MRO hostel?

Otherwise, yeah, it's time to let this one go. The only thing that needs to be "let go" is your knee-jerk "MRO can do no wrong" attitude you have about your buddies.

Stop trying to quash the free exchange of info between hikers here.

Overpass
10-28-2007, 17:34
.no register entries, no complaints on the Internet, no re-hashing of the story after telling it on the Internet the first time, etc. I moved on and that was it, without making a Federal Case out if it, or trying to publicly humiliate the people, or calling for a boycottt by hikers, etc. I was pissed at them, but I got over it. I think other folks might want to do likewise; life's too short to spend it angry).

Get off it Jack. You have spent countless hours hashing and re-hashing the problems at Uncle Johnnys. Why didn't you just "get over it" with him? You'd be posting all over the internet, calling the ATC and parading up and down with protest signs if it were Uncle Johnny who was engaging in this racist behavior.

MOWGLI
10-28-2007, 17:39
If someone wants to discuss a bad experience they had at an outfitter, they have every right to do so, and shouldn't be pressured by others to resolve matters offline.

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 17:39
You need to calm yourself, Overpass, you'll bust a blood vessel.

As I said above (you evidently didn't read my above post or you read poorly), I HAVE been treated poorly at places in the past.

Unlike some folks I can think of, I've managed to let it go.

And I'm not trying to quash anyone's right to discuss whatever they wish.

I just think this has been done to death. If you don't wanna stay at the Hostel or shop at MRO, then don't. This isn't rocket science.

The Weasel
10-28-2007, 17:40
Could someone give me a position fix on this "incident"? There are several hundred posts in the Damascus Housing thread.

TW

Pacific Tortuga
10-28-2007, 17:40
I just deleted all I wrote.
I met you several times this year Jack and felt good about all of them. I hope I was square with you too at all times.
We can disagree all we want about this, I don't want a pi$$in' match, don't think that's healthy here.

Appalachian Tater
10-28-2007, 17:42
Could someone give me a position fix on this "incident"? There are several hundred posts in the Damascus Housing thread.

TW

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22jew+boy%22+site%3Awhiteblaze.net&btnG=Search

rafe
10-28-2007, 17:47
And in point of fact, this has indeed happened to me.

You were subjected to anti-Semitic slurs? Really?

I know you're a Big Man on Campus here, Jack, but it's not for you to decide what folks choose to talk about, or when a given topic should "die."

Overpass
10-28-2007, 17:49

TW
Yes, the hiker community needs to know what the situation is. Especially folks planning their thrus and sections through Damascus for next year. Jewish hikers, in particular, will need to know if MRO is s place they need to steer clear of (and definately NOT send mail drops to). Somehow, I just don't have alot of faith that a maildrop addressed to a "Levi Finklestein, care of MRO", would find its intended recipient...:rolleyes:

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 17:52
Terrapin:

Do you know how to read? At all?

No, I've never been subjected to anti-Semetic slurs on the Trail.

Where on earth did I suggest otherwise?

What I said, quite clearly, is that I've been treated poorly at more than a few places on the Trail, but I didn't let this ruin my life.

Nor have I ever "decided" what people can or cannot discuss here, Terrapin. I had the chance to become a Moderator here and I wasn't interested in it, so please can your contention that I'm trying to dictate to people what they can talk about it. If you wanna beat this dead horse further to death, have at it, it sure beats hearing you rant about politics.

The Weasel
10-28-2007, 17:52
One of the real benefits of WhiteBlaze is the commentary on service providers. Guidebooks can only say so much (or nothing), but the more detail here, the more people can tailor their own choices better. And places change, as their staff change. I hope this discussion continues: It tells me a lot about MRO, Damascus, and the people who visit both.

TW

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 17:55
Hey Overpass:

I've worked at MRO during hiker season, and I've seen hundreds of people happily get their mail there over the years, and these were people of all faiths.

Nobody's ever had a problem getting their mail there, period, and to suggest otherwise is absurd.

Your last post was as ugly as the stuff you're decrying.

The Weasel
10-28-2007, 17:58
Thanks for the pointer to the 'incident.' I understand better now.

I saw several incidents of anti-semitism along the GA->VA stretch in '00, none violent but all troubling. One occurred to me: A doctor who was treating a minor problem, after finding that I was both Christian and a lawyer, told me that "the medical malpractice crisis was caused by Jewish lawyers from New York." When I disagreed politely, he rather clammed up.

I think there is a faiir amount of anti-Semitism in the rural, rather more fundamental Christian communities along the trail, for a lot of historical reasons. It's not the 'skinhead' or 'Aryan nation' aggressiv type of religious/ethnic hatred, and it's not to be excused, but it is more of a 'outsiders' thing, not unlike the suspicion directed toward Mitt Romney for being Mormon.

TW

rafe
10-28-2007, 18:03
What I said, quite clearly, is that I've been treated poorly at more than a few places on the Trail, but I didn't let this ruin my life.

I humbly suggest that being subjected to anti-Semitic slurs (which is in fact alleged here, and quite pertinent to the thread) goes beyond simple "poor treatment."

What I question is the specious comparison of your own mistreatment to the situation alleged at MRO. I also question your unwavering support of MRO in light of those allegations. If you do have influence there, Jack, maybe you could use it constructively to bring about some fitting resolution to the matter -- instead of asking the aggrieved parties to do that, or asking the rest of us to "calm ourselves" and/or "let it go."

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 18:13
"Specious comparison?"

Um Terrapin, just shut it, OK? You don't know a freaking thing about the episodes I've described. You don't know if I was insulted, assaulted, cheated, or what. Youi simply don't have a freaking clue but you've decided anything that might have happened to me was "specious."

Jesus, Terrapin, and then you ask me to use my "influence" to pressure MRO. I gotta tell ya, any more witless and ignorant comments like yours and I'm tempted to tell them that some of the people making all the noise over this are complete morons and should be ignored.

The only thing "specious" here is you running your yap about stuff you don't know a clue about.

Pacific Tortuga
10-28-2007, 18:15
The only thing "specious" here is you running your yap about stuff you don't know a clue about.[/quote]

:-?

rickb
10-28-2007, 18:19
When I disagreed politely, he rather clammed up

Thanks for posting that, Weasel.

I think a lot of peopel who don't come across that kind of thing very often are taken by surprise and just manage a nervouse shrug, at best.

My guess if that your response coundn't have been otherwise, and for that you have my respect.

rafe
10-28-2007, 18:29
"Specious comparison?"

Ah, "calm yourself", Jack. :rolleyes:

Overpass
10-28-2007, 18:34
Ah, "calm yourself", Jack. :rolleyes:

Too late, he appears to have busted a blood vessel. :D

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 18:34
Hey Terrapin, quick question:

Does you new-found zeal as a hate crime opponent also mean that you think Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should withdraw from public life? After all, they are notorious anti-Semites.

Ditto Jimmy Carter.

Somehow I can't seem to recall you ever condemning them..... I guess if the folks at MRO were distinguished and influential liberals they'd get a pass, too. :D

rafe
10-28-2007, 18:38
Jack, I know better than to discuss politics with you. We're talking in this case about Whiteblaze members who've come forward with very specific complaints. Even Lone Wolf is on record as saying something's very eff'ed up at MRO.

Overpass
10-28-2007, 18:42
Hey Weasel,

From a legal standpoint, is there any risk to the ATC's non-profit status if it were proven that they knowingly promoted (by listing in the Companion, their website, etc) a business that practices discrimination?

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 18:53
There's a disclaimer in the Companion. It basically says that being listed in the book doesn't necessarily constitute an endorsement.

And "promoting" a business isn't a crime anywhere I know, even if they were in fact "promoting" MRO.

Nice try, tho.

The Weasel
10-28-2007, 19:13
Hey Weasel,

From a legal standpoint, is there any risk to the ATC's non-profit status if it were proven that they knowingly promoted (by listing in the Companion, their website, etc) a business that practices discrimination?

Nope. There are lots of nonprofits which promote places that practice discrimination. Churches, for instance. Lots more.

In this discussion, what some forget is the difference between 'bad treatment ' - which is unpleasant, but usually something that can be put behind one fairly easily - and 'hate speech', which doesn't even have to be "hatefully" intended to be incredibly wounding. Those terms, and comments, go to the very essence of who someone is: Their skin color or gender, which can't be changed; their ethnic heritage, which involves their parents and families; their core beliefs, such as religion and romantic partners; their physical shortcomings, such as handicaps. When even a 'thoughtless' comment comes through on one of those, it can't be defended: They're true. Some people are Jews; some are gays. Others are Black or Latin or Arab or Irish. If someone is told they are weak, or uneducated, or unkind, they can dispute that. But if a man is Jewish and called "Jew boy," he can only deny that by denying his heritage, by denying who he is.

Slurs hurt, and wound deeply, and the pain lasts a long, long, sad time. Those who use slurs may not know that, but, once told, they should. A place that accepts such behavior by its employees may operate legally, but, despite all other virtues of such an establishment, some may understandably choose to avoid it. I hope Mt. Rogers Outfitters does what is necessary to prevent such things in the future.

TW

Appalachian Tater
10-28-2007, 19:23
Hey Terrapin, quick question:

Does you new-found zeal as a hate crime opponent also mean that you think Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should withdraw from public life? After all, they are notorious anti-Semites.

Ditto Jimmy Carter.

Somehow I can't seem to recall you ever condemning them..... I guess if the folks at MRO were distinguished and influential liberals they'd get a pass, too. :D

Hey, Jack, would you stay in hostels where those people work and get in a van with one of them as driver?

There are plenty of businesses that I don't give my money to because I don't like some of their business practices. Having employees who use racial slurs would fall into that category.

Tin Man
10-28-2007, 19:23
There's a disclaimer in the Companion. It basically says that being listed in the book doesn't necessarily constitute an endorsement.

And "promoting" a business isn't a crime anywhere I know, even if they were in fact "promoting" MRO.

Nice try, tho.

So then Uncle Johnny's should be listed?

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 19:37
That's not my decision to make, Tin Man.

Up until early this year, I favored it being re-listed until I heard that the place was once again interfering with the business and with the business plans of other people in Erwin. I had hoped that this sort of thing was in the past but I was evidently mistaken.

But in any case, not my decision to make.

But in regards to your question, I'm not sure it's fair to compare a place that has had virtually NO known complaints about its staffing and management over many years of operation and a place where there were numerous complaints from day one.

We're talking apples and oranges here.

And Tater, I make decisions on where I'll spend time and money based on a lot of things. There are many factors involved. All I know is that over the years MRO has done more for the long-distance hiking community than all of its critics combined, and a lot of folks seem to be forgetting this. If MRO had a long-standing history of rudeness, incivility, and dis-respect to its customers, that would be a different matter.

But they don't, and I think that's worth remembering.

Nightwalker
10-28-2007, 19:38
If you have any doubts or are really concerned about this matter, then you can call Jeff and ask him.

Otherwise, this is mere speculation and gossip on a matter that has already been done to death.

Well, when Wally messed with me, early this year, I talked to Jeff about it the next day. He said he'd talk to him about it later the same day. When I went back the following day and asked what he'd done, he hemmed and hawed about it a bit, then told me that he was gonna talk to his dad and (I think the name was) Bob about it. When I asked again later, it basically came down to the fact that he never did. It comes across to me that he's afraid of Wally. I'm a little bit that way myself, and very fearful of my temper when I'm around him. He just seems to go out of his way to mess with me.

So, I did what you said, long ago. I haven't been fussing about it on the net, until now. Nothing happened about it, even though Jeff seemed to agree with me. What now, Jack?

And BTW, Jesse, Jimmy and Al all need to go away. :)

So then Uncle Johnny's should be listed?

Absolutely!

Tin Man
10-28-2007, 19:52
That's not my decision to make, Tin Man.

Up until early this year, I favored it being re-listed until I heard that the place was once again interfering with the business and with the business plans of other people in Erwin. I had hoped that this sort of thing was in the past but I was evidently mistaken.

I didn't mean to suggest it was your decision to make. And if you are referring to UJ interfering with MJ's plans, I believe that UJ's behavior is unwarranted and wrong. But then so is the behavior of an employee at MRO. I am merely trying to reconcile the differences between these two cases in order to reach a fair resolution on rating trail services that warrant a listing (or not) and a recommendation (or not). We have one case where UJ appears to be treating his clients much better than he used to, but treats his competition poorly. And we have another case, where MRO has an employee that treats his clients poorly, but MRO appears to treat the competition well. So, which is it, customer service, competitive behavior or a combination of both that should determine whether a business is listed? There are recommendations on both sides of the coin about both providers and we can all decide for ourselves based on what we have heard.

Appalachian Tater
10-28-2007, 19:53
And Tater, I make decisions on where I'll spend time and money based on a lot of things. There are many factors involved. All I know is that over the years MRO has done more for the long-distance hiking community than all of its critics combined, and a lot of folks seem to be forgetting this. If MRO had a long-standing history of rudeness, incivility, and dis-respect to its customers, that would be a different matter.

But they don't, and I think that's worth remembering.

I agree with you, they went out of their way to be helpful to me. Very friendly.

It's hard to get around the whole "Jew boy from Boston" thing, however.

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 20:00
Assuming of course that "what we've heard" is in fact the entire truth. :-?

In most hiker disputes I've seen, there's Side A, Side B, and then Side C, which is what actuually transpired.

As I said above, Tin Man, one important thing to consider is the reputation of a business over the years. Does it have a good reputation? Is it known for honesty, reliability, and customer service? Have there been frequent complaints over the years and if so, how have they been addressed?

I am not being a blanket apologist for MRO or anywhere else, despite what some folks have suggested above, but I will say that I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt here. They might not have handled this unfortunate episode the way some folks would have liked, but this doesn't alter the fact that their record of service to hikers goes back many, many years, and it'd be a shame if all of this was forgotten.

MOWGLI
10-28-2007, 20:05
Keith Shaw (may he RIP) interfered with the Pie Lady's business regularly. That ever stop you from staying there Jack??

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 20:08
And she had her quirks, too, Mowgli. Quite a few folks found her curt and abrasive, if not rude.

Like I said, Story A, Story B, Story C.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 20:13
Is there any update on this situation? Last info (from other thread) mentioned that the MRO owners were very aware of the Whiteblaze discussions and that they were going to be "addressing the issue".

wally is still employed. the owners don't care about making money. i was told this.

Appalachian Tater
10-28-2007, 20:15
Why shouldn't Wally be employed? He just needs to avoid directing slurs at customers.

MOWGLI
And she had her quirks, too, Mowgli. Quite a few folks found her curt and abrasive, if not rude.

Like I said, Story A, Story B, Story C.

Nice dodge Jack.

Tin Man
Assuming of course that "what we've heard" is in fact the entire truth. :-?

Let's go with that for now.

In most hiker disputes I've seen, there's Side A, Side B, and then Side C, which is what actuually transpired.

Absolutely. But there does seem to be more people chiming in with run-ins with Wally.

As I said above, Tin Man, one important thing to consider is the reputation of a business over the years. Does it have a good reputation? Is it known for honesty, reliability, and customer service? Have there been frequent complaints over the years and if so, how have they been addressed?

I am not being a blanket apologist for MRO or anywhere else, despite what some folks have suggested above, but I will say that I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt here. They might not have handled this unfortunate episode the way some folks would have liked, but this doesn't alter the fact that their record of service to hikers goes back many, many years, and it'd be a shame if all of this was forgotten.

I agree that a long record of quality service should not be pushed aside. However, it seems that record is in jeopardy and additional measures may be required to protect that record. Good customer service records are only good for as long as a service provider continues to give quality service. That record can vanish quickly, regardless of history, if it is not continually reinforced. Perhaps the recent, reported issues chapter at MRO have not worked themselves out yet, but it sounds like if something doesn't give they could end up like UJ's and it sounds like that would be a damn shame.

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 20:18
Not a dodge, Mowgli.

Check your Private Mailbox.

But if you really want me to re-write what I just sent you and share it here, all you need do is ask.

MOWGLI
10-28-2007, 20:20
Not a dodge, Mowgli.

Check your Private Mailbox.

But if you really want me to re-write what I just sent you and share it here, all you need do is ask.

Check yours. This has nothing to do with you know who.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 20:22
Even Lone Wolf is on record as saying something's very eff'ed up at MRO.

yup. i agree with that

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 20:37
We'll certainly remember your outrage, Wolf.

Right around the next time you make a hateful remark here about someone's ethnicity, appearance, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

Which of course, you do on pretty much a weekly basis.

Honestly, Wolf pretending to be a professionally offended liberal is more than a little bit ridiculous.

Next week he'll be telling us Rosie O'Donnell is sensitive and misunderstood......

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 20:42
We'll certainly remember your outrage, Wolf.

Right around the next time you make a hateful remark here about someone's ethnicity, appearance, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

Which of course, you do on pretty much a weekly basis.

Honestly, Wolf pretending to be a professionally offended liberal is more than a little bit ridiculous.

Next week he'll be telling us Rosie O'Donnell is sensitive and misunderstood......

my outrage? what are you babbling about you drunk ass? i'm not outraged by anything. wally is a * ***in azzhole. jeff is too good a person. you don't live here. you know s**t.

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 20:49
I'm in a Library, Wolf, and I ain't drinking. (That'll come later!)

I don't know Wally enough to pass judgment on him.

And Jeff is indeed too good sometimes, which is precisely the point I was making, and which is why I feel he deserves a bit more slack than he's getting here.

He is indeed too good a person.

And that's entirely my point. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 20:58
I'm in a Library, Wolf, and I ain't drinking. (That'll come later!)

I don't know Wally enough to pass judgment on him.

And Jeff is indeed too good sometimes, which is precisely the point I was making, and which is why I feel he deserves a bit more slack than he's getting here.

And that's entirely my point. Thanks for agreeing with me.

sorry i assumed you were drinking. i was. home now watching the sox. glad you quit smoking. wally ain't good for mro. jeff is more loyal to him than his customers. fact

ed bell
10-28-2007, 21:04
Is Wally the only shuttle driver for MRO?

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 21:06
Is Wally the only shuttle driver for MRO?

no. packrat helps out too. but mainly wally

Pacific Tortuga
10-28-2007, 21:13
Who ownes the orange honda?, and his girlfriend Debbie where this summer and was kinda of hoping to do more shuttles if Wally got the boot.

ed bell
10-28-2007, 21:15
My friends had a credit card backed pick up scheduled for today at Massey Gap. They were half an hour early. The shuttle was a no show. They cought a ride two hours later. They are going to call tomorrow to find out what happened. I'll post an update.

ed bell
10-28-2007, 21:16
Caught. I can't spell.:)

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 21:16
My friends had a credit card backed pick up scheduled for today at Massey Gap. They were half an hour early. The shuttle was a no show. They cought a ride two hours later. They are going to call tomorrow to find out what happened. I'll post an update.

who was the shuttle provider?

ed bell
10-28-2007, 21:17
MRO, and they paid to park there as well.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 21:19
MRO, and they paid to park there as well.

MRO is closed on Sundays.

Tin Man
10-28-2007, 21:22
no. packrat helps out too. but mainly wally

Packrat? Is this a different Packrat than the owner of Hiker's Welcome Hostel in Glencliff?

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 21:23
Packrat? Is this a different Packrat than the owner of Hiker's Welcome Hostel in Glencliff?

yes. different person

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2007, 21:23
Totally different.

Tin Man
10-28-2007, 21:28
That's good to hear - I hate to see Hiker's Welcome Packrat attention diverted from NH, when he is not in CT that is. And besides if there can be more than one Tin Man, there can be more than one Packrat. ;)

ed bell
10-28-2007, 21:42
MRO is closed on Sundays.The shuttle pick-up was scheduled for Sunday. They were told that the driver would give them access to the showers even though the store was closed. They said he would have a key. Other than that I have no info. I'll know more tomorrow.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 21:46
this website needs a shuttle provider list. i do shuttles a lot cheaper than the businesses.

Pacific Tortuga
10-28-2007, 21:51
this website needs a shuttle provider list. i do shuttles a lot cheaper than the businesses.

And the conversation and points of intrest is much better

ed bell
10-28-2007, 21:52
this website needs a shuttle provider list. i do shuttles a lot cheaper than the businesses.I should have sent them your way. They would have enjoyed paying you instead. Live and learn.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2007, 21:54
I should have sent them your way. They would have enjoyed paying you instead. Live and learn.

i'd have probly done it for nothing. maybe for a beer or two

rafe
10-28-2007, 22:01

That's a good idea, but folks on the list need to be be very clear about their availability and be committed to that. It's frustrating and time-consuming to work your way down a shuttle-provider list and hearing various reasons for why the provider can't help. I mostly had good luck this summer, but I've been stood up in the past. It's one of the reasons I started doing sections via bike/hike loops.

Local
10-28-2007, 22:34
[quote=Nightwalker;436734]Well, when Wally messed with me, early this year, I talked to Jeff about it the next day. He said he'd talk to him about it later the same day. When I went back the following day and asked what he'd done, he hemmed and hawed about it a bit, then told me that he was gonna talk to his dad and (I think the name was) Bob about it. When I asked again later, it basically came down to the fact that he never did. It comes across to me that he's afraid of Wally. I'm a little bit that way myself, and very fearful of my temper when I'm around him. He just seems to go out of his way to mess with me.

So, I did what you said, long ago. I haven't been fussing about it on the net, until now. Nothing happened about it, even though Jeff seemed to agree with me. What now, Jack?

(snips) :)

Nightwalker, Jeff unfortunately has a record of supporting rather shady characters, but it is out of the goodness of his heart. A couple of years ago there was a homeless guy working with young people in Jeff's church, and I asked Jeff if a background check had been run on this guy. Instead of an answer, I got a mini-lecture about how this guy was making a statement and not participating in America's material culture. Whatever. Eventually this guy was encouraged by local police to move along.

Wally is potentially a more serious problem. He has a documented record here of hostility toward hikers, hostility toward local people, and now hostility toward minorities. But Jeff supports him, and by supporting him, encourages this behavior. Jeff is a noble, fine, giving, caring human being. But his inability to deal with these problems is a serious flaw. I've tried to discuss these issues with him in the past, and will try again. But others have tried, and gotten nowhere.

Nightwalker
10-28-2007, 22:52

Which is why I'll still go to MRO when I'm in town. I'll just make danged sure that it's a day that Wally ain't working.

I love Jeff a lot. I've been to church with him and hiked with him. I just feel that he's making a mistake here, and it has nothing to do with people boycotting him or not. He just shouldn't have someone working there that treats people like that. BUT, it's his business to run or mis-run!

It just sucks sometimes when people don't do what you think they ought to! :)

Nightwalker
10-28-2007, 22:59

I'd rather give you the money anyway. Even if you are a mean old snake. :)

I wish I'd known that you were gonna be out of town when I came to Damascus last time. I might have changed my timing so as to see you and Gypsy. She is surely a sweety. I was hoping to yogi a chance to hang a hammock in your back yard. I knew that you'd said that I could sleep on your porch during TDz, but I felt funny about doing it with you not there. Besides, Our mutual friend in the motor home across the street from you said that he'd been told to shoot anyone that he saw in your yard!

Were you surprised when you came back and he'd fixed your gutter? :D

Smile
10-28-2007, 23:00
i do shuttles a lot cheaper than the businesses.
You don't drive that white limo do you? That would be a sweet shuttle :)

Overpass
10-29-2007, 11:27
Which is why I'll still go to MRO when I'm in town. I'll just make danged sure that it's a day that Wally ain't working.

How would one go about finding that out? Also, what does this Wally person look like, any pics out there?

Nightwalker
10-29-2007, 13:17
How would one go about finding that out? Also, what does this Wally person look like, any pics out there?

Call, ask for Jeff, and be straight with him. You'd be surprised how well that method works.

Overpass
10-29-2007, 13:40
Call, ask for Jeff, and be straight with him. You'd be surprised how well that method works.

Great idea! So anyone ever planning to come into the store, even just to browse, needs to call first to find out whether their abusive, obnoxious racist employee is working at that time.

The number for MRO is 276-475-5416

:D

Appalachian Tater
10-29-2007, 14:03
Great idea! So anyone ever planning to come into the store, even just to browse, needs to call first to find out whether their abusive, obnoxious racist employee is working at that time.

The number for MRO is 276-475-5416

:D

Maybe they could just get a two-sided sign to put in the window, but instead of "Open" & "Closed", it could say "Beware of Bigot" & "Jews & Bostonians Welcome".

Overpass
10-29-2007, 14:25
Maybe they could just get a two-sided sign to put in the window, but instead of "Open" & "Closed", it could say "Beware of Bigot" & "Jews & Bostonians Welcome".

LOL. Great idea. I think I'll email this excellent suggestion to Jeff.:D

max patch
10-29-2007, 14:26
Sure hope this thread gets locked down before someone starts to organize a lynch mob.

Overpass
10-29-2007, 14:39
Sure hope this thread gets locked down before someone starts to organize a lynch mob.

Oh, does this MRO employee hate blacks as well as Jews?

Just a Hiker
10-29-2007, 14:44
Oh, does this MRO employee hate blacks as well as Jews?

Please don't start more crap. My black hiking friends..."Sarge" and "No Pain" go in there all the time, and are treated well. :)

Just Jim

Overpass
10-29-2007, 14:50
Please don't start more crap. My black hiking friends..."Sarge" and "No Pain" go in there all the time, and are treated well. :)

By Wally? :-?

Just a Hiker
10-29-2007, 15:03
By Wally? :-?

I don't know about that, I only know that they were treated good any time they went in there in the past. I do know this much, neither one would have taken any crap off of this Wally character, and it have been handled right then and there.:)

Just Jim

Jack Tarlin
10-29-2007, 15:28
Hey Overpass, while you're heating up the tar and feathers for Wally and the folks at MRO, speaking of what people look like, feel free to send along a photo of yourself.

Some folks might wanna know your real name and what YOU look like.

In case they wanna avoid YOU, if they ever see you on the Trail.

But how much do you wanna bet he doesn't do this??

Profiles in courage. :D

The Weasel
10-29-2007, 16:27
I love Jeff a lot. I've been to church with him and hiked with him. I just feel that he's making a mistake here, and it has nothing to do with people boycotting him or not. He just shouldn't have someone working there that treats people like that. BUT, it's his business to run or mis-run!

Actually, that's not quite correct. It is a violation of federal, and usually state (and sometimes local) law to discriminate in sales or services of places of public accommodation (that includes stores, including services provided by stores) on the basis of, among other things, religion or national origin. An slur by an employee of a store is not something that an owner or manager can permit "as his business."

Jeff may be a wonderful person - I have had very good experiences there too - but he is risking his business' good name in the event someone files a complaint with the appropriate state and/or federal agency. Others may not be as considerate of him as has been the case here.

TW

Overpass
10-29-2007, 16:43
Actually, that's not quite correct. It is a violation of federal, and usually state (and sometimes local) law to discriminate in sales or services of places of public accommodation (that includes stores, including services provided by stores) on the basis of, among other things, religion or national origin. An slur by an employee of a store is not something that an owner or manager can permit "as his business."

Weasel, I would imagine that such an action would only be sucessful if it were proven that the business owner knew of the employee's propensity/history of discriminatory behavior AND continued to employ him.

OTOH, suppose a person was hired by, say, Taco Bell and the first day on the job they called an African-American customer the N-word. If TB immediately fired the moron, I can't see them being liable in a civil suit. Now, if TB allowed him to stay on as an employee and the next day he did it again...well that could certainly be viewed as the company condoning the illegal discriminatory actions of the employee. What is your take on it?

Lilred
10-29-2007, 17:07

Yah, but riding on those handlebars gets awfully uncomfortable.......;) :D :p

Tin Man
10-29-2007, 17:31
In a little over 100 posts we go from a complaint about a service provider's employee to a federal case. :rolleyes: What's next?

Overpass
10-29-2007, 21:07
In a little over 100 posts we go from a complaint about a service provider's employee to a federal case. :rolleyes: What's next?

While the legislation governing anti-discrimination and civil rights violations is indeed federal in origination, actions filed under said legislation are heard in district court of the state where the violation is alleged to have occured. Therefore, they are not "federal cases". ;)

Tin Man
10-29-2007, 21:10
While the legislation governing anti-discrimination and civil rights violations is indeed federal in origination, actions filed under said legislation are heard in district court of the state where the violation is alleged to have occured. Therefore, they are not "federal cases". ;)

OK, but where are the appeals heard? :confused:

Lugnut
10-29-2007, 23:32
Yah, but riding on those handlebars gets awfully uncomfortable.......;) :D :p

The secret is out on why Lone Wolf 's shuttles are so cheap! :p

The Weasel
10-29-2007, 23:44
OK, but where are the appeals heard? :confused:

Most issues such as this are handled by state civil rights agencies, so the term 'federal case' really isn't appropriate. And I'm not encouraging anyone to start a case, but rather to prevent one. People should follow the law not because they're afraid of being sued, but because it's the right thing to do. And the law here is that ethnic, racial, sexual and religious slurs - and others, too - are wrong. Good business operators know such things are wrong, too, and, as Spike Lee so precisly put it, know they should 'do the right thing.' The right thing here is to tell the employee that conduct such as that isn't accepable. That's not disloyal to an employee, but being honest. And then one apologizes to the customer and tries to make amends. That usually solves the problem. And there's no need for an appeal, then.

TW

Appalachian Tater
10-30-2007, 00:39
nd, as Spike Lee so precisly put it, know they should 'do the right thing.'

The Weasel, have you actually seen Do the Right Thing? What do you think Spike Lee actually intended as "the right thing"?

EWS
10-30-2007, 01:07
Lock it down.

TOW
10-30-2007, 06:39
Lock what down?

EWS
10-30-2007, 06:48
It has been established that Wally is intolerant to Jews and MRO isn't going to do anything about it. Now it has became a personal mission of Overpass to shred what remains of their reputation with some sick lust. The thread has outlived it usefulness.

TOW
10-30-2007, 06:55
Your kinda late in the talk here EWS. It has been established that Wally hates just about anyone and anything. And no matter what their decision is I am still going to do business with them. Because ole Wally is going to escort himself out of town eventually. He always goes somewhere after the season and Dave locks the hostel down every winter and shuts the water off.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 06:59
Dave locks the hostel down every winter and shuts the water off.

no. not every winter

TOW
10-30-2007, 07:02
But doesn't Wally usually leave?

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 07:05
But doesn't Wally usually leave?

usually. but he's been coming earlier in the spring and leaving later in the fall. maybe this is the year he'll stay forever

TOW
10-30-2007, 07:12
Well, maybe so.

I know one thing Wally is loved by some here in town and the crew at MRO aren't the only ones. And you know love does a funny thing to a man that has never known it but all at once realizes that someone actually does care about them. And sometimes they go as far as testing the water, just to see how far this love will go before it snaps and I am guilty of snapping Wally off early in the game after I met him.

Everybody loves someone that everyone hates............

Gray Blazer
10-30-2007, 07:28
Well, maybe so.

I know one thing Wally is loved by some here in town and the crew at MRO aren't the only ones. And you know love does a funny thing to a man that has never known it but all at once realizes that someone actually does care about them. And sometimes they go as far as testing the water, just to see how far this love will go before it snaps and I am guilty of snapping Wally off early in the game after I met him.

Everybody loves someone that everyone hates............

Everone is some mother's son/daughter, or something like that.

The Weasel
10-30-2007, 08:06
The Weasel, have you actually seen Do the Right Thing? What do you think Spike Lee actually intended as "the right thing"?

Tater, I saw it in a theater when it was released, and it's rather a favorite of mine. And Lee didn't "tell us" what the "right thing" is. It's an admonition to people, who should be capable of thinking it through, to consider between two alternatives.

The film has some relevance here. But that's up to MRO and others.

TW

MOWGLI
10-30-2007, 08:22
The film has some relevance here.

TW

Maybe more so when the pizza place changed hands at about the same time the Old Mill was being renovated.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 08:24
spike lee hates white people

MOWGLI
10-30-2007, 08:27

I respectfully disagree.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 08:30
hate is a strong word. how about dislikes whites?

MOWGLI
10-30-2007, 08:31
Maybe some. I'd agree with that. Did you see his documentary on Katrina?

Gray Blazer
10-30-2007, 08:52
A lot of white people hate white people.:confused:

Overpass
10-30-2007, 10:53
usually. but he's been coming earlier in the spring and leaving later in the fall. maybe this is the year he'll stay forever
How many years has Wally been in Damascus?

Overpass
10-30-2007, 10:56
Maybe some. I'd agree with that. Did you see his documentary on Katrina?
Haven't seen it, what was the tone?

Overpass
10-30-2007, 11:07
Usually, racist blacks who hate whites also hate Asians. Yet...he has an Asian last name...:-?

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 11:08
so did Robert E. Lee.

mrc237
10-30-2007, 11:16
Robert E. Lee was Asian?

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 11:18
Robert E. Lee was Asian?

no. a redneck rebel

rafe
10-30-2007, 11:25
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch
AND I DON’T LIKE ANYBODY VERY MUCH!!

-- Tom Lehrer

Gray Blazer
10-30-2007, 11:32
Robert E. Lee was Asian?
He was an American before he was a rebel ....before he was an American again...??:confused:

Overpass
10-30-2007, 11:35
He was an American before he was a rebel ....before he was an American again...??:confused:
Asian-American :D

MOWGLI
10-30-2007, 11:45
Haven't seen it, what was the tone?

Angry. It was 6 hours long. Suggest you see it. It's an HBO thang.

Overpass
10-30-2007, 12:11
Angry. It was 6 hours long. Suggest you see it. It's an HBO thang.

Just read some reviews. Apparently he is encouraging other blacks to believe that the levees were "blown up" by white people, in order to get rid of black neighborhoods. :rolleyes:

I got better things to do with 6 precious hours of my life than watch that kind of racist drivel.

MOWGLI
10-30-2007, 13:45
Just read some reviews. Apparently he is encouraging other blacks to believe that the levees were "blown up" by white people, in order to get rid of black neighborhoods. :rolleyes:

I got better things to do with 6 precious hours of my life than watch that kind of racist drivel.

That review is an oversimplification. Trust me. It's worth watching. People's pain, anguish, grief and frustration are there to see. We're talking humanity.

Overpass
10-30-2007, 13:51
That review is an oversimplification. Trust me. It's worth watching. People's pain, anguish, grief and frustration are there to see. We're talking humanity.
But surely there are other films covering the disaster that aren't built on a racist foundation...

Appalachian Tater
10-30-2007, 14:01
But surely there are other films covering the disaster that aren't built on a racist foundation...Robert Polidori is an architectural photographer who documented the aftermath. He conveys the human disaster by photographing things and it is very effective. His work in New Orleans has been exhibited and there is also a book. http://images.google.com/images?q=polidori+new+orleans&sourceid=mozilla2&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

The Weasel
10-30-2007, 17:04
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch
AND I DON’T LIKE ANYBODY VERY MUCH!!

-- Tom Lehrer

Wrong. Kingston Trio. The Merry Minuet. And the French now love Germans; Germany depends on Polish workers. There is no Yugoslavia. South Africa has a Reconciliation Commission. And everyone loves Terrapin.

Go figure.

TW

warraghiyagey
10-30-2007, 17:15
. . . And everyone loves Terrapin.

Go figure.

TW

Except Alexander Supertramp.:rolleyes:

rafe
10-30-2007, 17:18
Nobody loves me but my mama, and she could be lyin' too.

The Weasel
10-30-2007, 18:05
Nobody loves me but my mama, and she could be lyin' too.

About being your mama, or about loving you?

TW

Flush2wice
10-30-2007, 20:11
OK, now it's time to lock 'er down.

MOWGLI
10-30-2007, 20:38
But surely there are other films covering the disaster that aren't built on a racist foundation...

Surely if you haven't seen it, you shouldn't characterize it.

Seriously. Watch an hour or two of the flick. It won't kill you. I promise.

Overpass
10-30-2007, 21:10

:-? Alright. I will. I can get it thru Netflix, can watch it sometime next week. Perhaps those of us interested can start up a good discussion in the appropriate ( what forum would that be, BWT?) of WB.

In the meantime, we've strayed a bit off topic.

Bottom line here is that , apparently, MRO is knowingly continuing to employ a person (Wally) who spouts abusive and racist comments towards customers. In particular, a Jewish hiker was recently called "Jew Boy", and this employee went out of his way to make this hiker's stay unpleasent. Subsequent accounts make it clear that this is a pattern of racist/obnoxious behavior by the employee, not a isolated incident.

And, as far as info to date, no apology has been forthcoming from MRO in regards to this incident.

As of this post, Damascus residents/hikers report that the racist/abusive employee "Wally" is still in MRO's employ and is still being permitted to be in contact with hikers in the shuttle/hostel aspects of MRO's business.

It's up to the class of 2008 and the section-hiker crowd to make their own decisions whether to patronize this establishment during their treks through Damascus in the future. I for one will be voting with my wallet whenever I am in that town.

Tin Man
10-30-2007, 21:50

Stop calling each other Shirley. Seriously is okay. :cool:

TOW
10-30-2007, 22:06
Overpass guess what? You'll never see an apology from MRO either.

I am never going to boycott MRO, and I suppose that alot of the 2008 hiking crowd will be shopping there when they come thru town. In fact I suggest that they do shop there.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 22:09
Overpass guess what? You'll never see an apology from MRO either.

I am never going to boycott MRO, and I suppose that alot of the 2008 hiking crowd will be shopping there when they come thru town. In fact I suggest that they do shop there.

so you agree that wally is ok/ god will take care of it? :-?

Nightwalker
10-30-2007, 22:13

Luckily, only the management gets to decide that one!

TOW
10-30-2007, 22:21
so you agree that wally is ok/ god will take care of it? :-?
No, I don't agree that Wally is okay, but I do believe that Gods hand is heavy on the matter.

I'll tell you what I do agree with, I agree that Jeff Patrick is doing what he thinks is best and I care about Jeff a whole lot to stand with him on his decision. Jeff loves Wally and that settles it for me.

We all know Wally's bad points, but I also know the dude knows how to jam whether High Life was a better jammer or not.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 22:23
whatever you think

TOW
10-30-2007, 22:25
I'll tell you something Wolf when I say I am your friend I damn well mean it. Jeff Patrick is my friend.

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 22:27
I'll tell you something Wolf when I say I am your friend I damn well mean it. Jeff Patrick is my friend.

well tell your friend to let wally go. don't let your god get in the way

TOW
10-30-2007, 22:29
well tell your friend to let wally go. don't let your god get in the wayMy God is never in the way.

Tin Man
10-30-2007, 22:30
well tell your friend to let wally go. don't let your god get in the way

after all, god will sort it out in the end

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 22:31
whatever. you're on a sinkin' ship.

TOW
10-30-2007, 22:33
Oh I see the picture, that's just classic Wolf for ya. "You don't see it my way your wrong."

I have told Jeff to let him go but I don't abandon my friends and Jeff is my friend.

Define sinking?

TOW
10-30-2007, 22:34
after all, god will sort it out in the end
that's the truth and nothing but the truth...........

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 22:34
go to bed. you'll never "get" it

TOW
10-30-2007, 22:35
I don't need to get it...............

Lone Wolf
10-30-2007, 22:43

NOBODY from MRO, jeff, wally, dave, tom has ever offered an apology to High Life or anybody else that's been offended while staying at Dave's Place due to wally's problems. get it? you born agains never will

Flush2wice
10-30-2007, 22:45
Luckily, only the management gets to decide that one!

I only said that cause the thread had drifted to movie reviews and away from the problem at hand

Tin Man
10-30-2007, 22:47
that's the truth and nothing but the truth...........

Then maybe it is time for MRO to do what they need to do and let god sort it out in the end. Get it?

Flush2wice
10-30-2007, 22:47
99% will "get it"

Appalachian Tater
10-30-2007, 23:19
Subsequent accounts make it clear that this is a pattern of racist/obnoxious behavior by the employee, not a isolated incident.

I'm not clear on the other accounts that make it a pattern rather than an isolated incident. Who gave those accounts?

Overpass
10-30-2007, 23:21
you born agains never will

Looks like I aint the only one what was born right the first time. :D

Overpass
10-30-2007, 23:34
I do believe that Gods hand is heavy on the matter.
Once again, you need to specify exactly which "god" to whom you are referring. There are countless creatures in the sky that are worshipped on this planet. Please be more specific.

TOW
10-30-2007, 23:46
NOBODY from MRO, jeff, wally, dave, tom has ever offered an apology to High Life or anybody else that's been offended while staying at Dave's Place due to wally's problems. get it? you born agains never will
Oh my, is that hate speach I'm hearing here? They never apologized to me for Wally's behavior either.

Then maybe it is time for MRO to do what they need to do and let god sort it out in the end. Get it?MRO will be what MRO is.

Once again, you need to specify exactly which "god" to whom you are referring. There are countless creatures in the sky that are worshipped on this planet. Please be more specific.I don't have to specify anything to you..........

rafe
10-30-2007, 23:53
Once again, you need to specify exactly which "god" to whom you are referring. There are countless creatures in the sky that are worshipped on this planet. Please be more specific.

Well, D'oh. Da white guy wit da beard (http://www.advicefromgod.com/getdressedtitle.gif).

TOW
10-30-2007, 23:54
hey why don't you guys boycott my front porch and phone too for me standing in Jeffs corner. make sure you tell all those 2008 hikers not to go over to TOW's house and use the phone and dare not eat anything when he offers them a free meal because he is a friend of Jeff Patricks who just so happens to own MRO that employs that nasty ole booger Wally.........

Overpass
10-31-2007, 00:01
I don't have to specify anything to you..........
Why are you reluctant to reveal which creature you worship?

little bear
10-31-2007, 00:10
Why are you reluctant to reveal which creature you worship?

He is refering to God the Alpha and the Omaga, Lord,God almighty and The Creator

Overpass
10-31-2007, 00:28
He is refering to God the Alpha and the Omaga, Lord,God almighty and The Creator

That doesn't really help. Many of the earth's religions describe their creatures in those terms.