PDA

View Full Version : trails.com

kythruhiker
01-04-2003, 19:06
Has anyone subscribed to the services @ trails.com? Just wondering if it's worth the bucks. $29.95/yr or 9.95/mos for access to 30,000 trail overviews, interactive topos, and limited downloads of something they are calling "eTrails", which seem to just be electronic reprints of the applicable sections of published guidebooks.

Ann
01-04-2003, 19:15
There is a thread on e-trails on www.viewsfromthetop.com
go under the forum section and do a search for e-trails and it will come up. I don't believe I can do a link to get you DIRECTLY to the thread but I'll see if I can and post it as an edit to this post.
The general consensus is that it is not as great as advertised.

EDIT: I just took a look to see if I could create a link but the address only comes up as www.viewsfromthetop.com
If you want to send me your e-mail address via private message I would be able to send you the link directly from their site via private mail but otherwise you'd have to go to the forum section and look under Q & A then go down about half way and you'll see the e-trails discussion.

kythruhiker
01-04-2003, 19:20
Thx for the link Ann - I found the post about e-trails. Looks like it isn't all that great for the price - better off just buying guidebooks I guess. I may do the month subscription for 10 bucks and see if I can get any use out of it.

Thx,
Ed