PDA

View Full Version : Peter Vacco headnet no longer in business?

ams212001
08-17-2013, 04:07
I was looking at headnets to purchase and really liked the design of the Peter Vacco headnet. I attempted to go to his website to purchase one and his site is no longer available. Anyone know if he is still in business or just changed his website?

MuddyWaters
08-17-2013, 05:16
Peter posts on BPL, you might PM him there and ask.

Snowleopard
08-17-2013, 11:08
He often goes backpacking and is unavailable online till he gets back. Perhaps he was on the trail when his website expired and he'll renew it when he gets back. You might ask on BPL. His email address was at petersheadnets.com, so that might be down too.

When I ordered he took a long time to get back to me, but sent me a free second headnet when he did. He takes some pretty interesting trips.

ams212001
08-23-2013, 23:45
Thank you! I actually got a hold of him through email. You were right is URL went down because they did not re register in time. They are hoping to get it up soon if all goes according to plan. He is currently on hold with making the head nets because he is waiting for supplies. He was kind enough to put me on a list for when he starts production again in the fall. He responded very quickly so I now know his costumer service will be awesome if anything goes wrong with the head net. Thank you for your input!

icdaywee
08-26-2013, 11:23
Thanks for the update! I sent him an email and haven't heard back yet but glad to know that he will be up and running again in the fall.

leaftye
08-26-2013, 17:35
Thanks for putting this up.

ams212001
08-26-2013, 18:47
No problem! If, I hear back from him in the fall I will be sure to bump the thread.

ams212001
09-02-2013, 20:41
http://www.petersheadnets.com/index.html

His site is up and running again. New orders are still on hold until fall.

Dogwood
09-02-2013, 21:18
Where PV has been and the amount of time he's been there I would fell the NEED for a head net too.

M C
12-19-2013, 00:15
Anyone know Peter's current status? The site currently has this message on the home page: "As of Aug 5th we have stopped taking orders. We're done with nets for the season.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and yours. I would really love to take care of you, but it is time to take a break and have a life. I will be making nets in several specialized new models coming this fall. Please keep PHN in mind, and we would be thrilled to supply you with nets for next season."
Being a newb, I'm not exactly sure when "the season" is. (seems like it's always bug season somewhere, right?)
Also, if I'm reading that correctly, looks like something would have happened between Aug 5 and now since we're past fall?
I sent an email inquiry a week or so ago and haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else has an update? Peter's da man!

MuddyWaters
12-19-2013, 22:32
his email is [email protected]

If he doesnt respond, its because he doesnt want to. His store may be closed currently, after all.

He posted on BPL today so he is around.

soulrebel
12-20-2013, 13:06
The best headnets EVER!!! I hope he doesn't give it up. I bought a slew of them one year and gave them as gifts. You won't find a better material or design for the backwoods!!! And his communication and customer service are over the top! If you didn't get one, and ever needed one or live under a tarp. You've missed out!!!