PDA

View Full Version : Pinhoti Trail Shuttle needs

blisterbob
08-20-2013, 21:10
Drybones made a suggestion on another thread that those that would like a shuttle
post their needs, date, & locations as much in advance as they can and there is a
chance someone near the trail could help. GOOD IDEA!

Pinhoti Trailhead Shuttle aka blisterbob & shadowsue no longer do services for the hikers
and we know of no one that does at this time.

ednotmilkman
08-21-2013, 02:37
If you are hiking solo and can't find a shuttle at all, if you don't mind bicycling, (or motorcycling either for that matter if you have a pickup and a ramp) you can always shuttle yourself by parking your main vehicle at one trailhead unloading bicycle or motorbike at the other trailhead. I did this once by leaving bicycle locked to a tree at the Jackson Chapel road TH (well out of sight of passing cars, right on the trail) , then parking my car at Pinky Burns TH and hiked to my bike. the only problem was that I rode the bike back 3 or 4 hours in the dark since I didn't have enough food with me for supper. I then camped and ate beside the car and left the next morning.

damifino
08-31-2013, 23:07
I have been hike/biking sections of the Florida Trail for a few years. I have an older bike that works good but probably isn't worth stealing. One tip though: Do the biking part first and hike back to your car/truck. If your bike gets stolen when you are on the trail you won't be stuck in the middle of nowhere.

ednotmilkman
09-01-2013, 09:02
good idea DIIKNO !

never looked at it that way.