PDA

View Full Version : For all the photographers of whiteblaze... I present to you.....

88BlueGT
08-21-2013, 11:01
The Capture Camera Clip v2
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/97103764/capture-camera-clip-v2

I am an avid photographer. However, I never bring my camera when I go hiking because it's always an issue to find a good/safe place to hold/use/store my camera while hiking. Well, this seems to have solved all of my problems! The Capture v2 clip is on kickstarter right now and should be released soon. However, they do sell the original version here.

https://peakdesignltd.com/

I know how excited I was when I finally found this. I'll be doing a 5-6 day trip come October so it's great timing! I have seen homemade versions of this and other cheaper versions from different companies. I have never come across something this nice before. Just figured I would share :D

yaduck9
08-21-2013, 11:48
very nice, I will have to check it out

88BlueGT
08-21-2013, 13:19
very nice, I will have to check it out

It's definitely worth looking into. It is a tad pricey. However, anything that will be holding my $2k camera to my pack better be strong, durable and ultra reliable. This is one of them situations where you get what you pay for.

treesloth
08-21-2013, 13:23
Wow - 7x over the 100,00 funding goal. This may end up being the most popular camera trail accessory since the StickPic.

88BlueGT
08-21-2013, 14:01
Wow - 7x over the 100,00 funding goal. This may end up being the most popular camera trail accessory since the StickPic.

I wouldn't doubt it. It's being endorsed by some pretty prestigious people so that always helps things move along. I believe they hit their funding goal the very first day!

capehiker
08-21-2013, 16:00
Most wedding photographers have been wearing this kind of system for a few years. There are a few systems out there have have belt holstering abilities. The only unique thing about it is the ability to put on the shoulder strap. Still, nice that someone catered that single aspect to those wearing a pack.

Venchka
08-21-2013, 16:17
A Pro version. Naturally.
Is it "Digital Ready"?
How have I survived toting big cameras Here, There, and Everywhere all these years without one of these Gizmos?

Wayne

88BlueGT
08-21-2013, 16:42
A Pro version. Naturally.
Is it "Digital Ready"?
How have I survived toting big cameras Here, There, and Everywhere all these years without one of these Gizmos?

Wayne

I don't know about you but I certainly don't like bringing 'big cameras' out into the woods with me. Just feels unsafe with nowhere to safely store while hiking. If I put it into my bag, it's too much work to get it out and I don't wear it around my neck because it's too much of a pain.

88BlueGT
08-21-2013, 16:43
Most wedding photographers have been wearing this kind of system for a few years. There are a few systems out there have have belt holstering abilities. The only unique thing about it is the ability to put on the shoulder strap. Still, nice that someone catered that single aspect to those wearing a pack.

I agree. I have found some home-made remedies but none that I would trust strapping an expensive camera onto and hiking with.

mattyoc20
08-21-2013, 16:57
I don't even take pictures and I think that is pretty awesome

Venchka
08-21-2013, 17:13
I don't know about you but I certainly don't like bringing 'big cameras' out into the woods with me. Just feels unsafe with nowhere to safely store while hiking. If I put it into my bag, it's too much work to get it out and I don't wear it around my neck because it's too much of a pain.

Some of us have a different viewpoint.

Wayne

Hill Ape
08-21-2013, 21:30
I recently picked up a used Fuji x20, arrived NIB, what a steal. Just about as big a point and shoot as I'd carry. I like the look of this holster, keeps the camera handy. Nervous about how exposed it is though. Not sure I'd hang a Leica from it. Looks like they've more than met their kick start goal. Look forward to buying one. New toys!

waywardfool
08-21-2013, 22:48
Thanks for the heads-up! Supported.

icdaywee
08-22-2013, 14:27
Supported as well. Now I just need a Olympus OMD, or if I can swing it the new OMD E-M1 when it comes out. Then I don't have to worry too much about sweating all over my camera, or getting caught in a rainstorm.

Venchka
08-22-2013, 15:15
OK. I have a Nit or 3 to pick.
1. No guarantee that the Arca-Swiss quick release plate will fit my RRS tripod head.
2. The Arca-Swiss quick release plate will NOT fit my Manfrotto tripod head.
3. I'm not alone with regards to Item # and Item #2.
4. I own one belt, a Filson, that I would trust to hold the clip and one of my cameras. The Filson belt won't work with the pants I wear for shooting and/or hiking.
5. What will the backing plate feel like against your upper chest when clamped to a pack strap? Educated guess: Not good at all.
6. Early adopters will confirm or deny Items 1-5.

Wayne

Miner
08-23-2013, 01:09
I often carry a small DSLR with me hiking or a camcorder. The OP is a nice idea, however, the lack of rain protection for backpacking isn't such a good idea unless you are in the Grand Canyon. I normally strap a barely fits camera case to my shoulder strap so that it has rain protection and some impact protection for those times I forget about it when I put my pack down. Having it attached on the shoulder straps or hipbelt means you have quick access and will actually use it often.

I have never broken a camera in over 20 years of backpacking which includes the PCT and AT. My ex-wife on the other hand was quick to drop one on a concrete sidewalk when we were just going out on the town for the day. So I feel safer with one on the trail then in town.