PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Anderson
08-22-2013, 00:45
Hi friends my name is Anderson i am new here i recently join this great community this is great forum to get information i read out all the threads on this forum and get pretty knowledge and also shared my knowledge in this forum....
Anyways would you like to introduce your self...??

trinzushi
08-22-2013, 01:07
Heyo! I'm trinzushi (not a trail name.. I plan to get my name on the trail). I too am new here but this community has been awesome already. :) lots of great info!

Just Bill
08-22-2013, 04:01
Welcome-
I was once a simple garden gnome who was brought to life when a seriously baked stoner was about to take a hit of acid but fell over and accidently gave me the dose bringing me to life and compelling me to backpack (as my former garden gnome statue was cast with a backpack attached).
Don't play with Lone Wolf online- but visit him in real life- he's nice there.
Follow Mags advice- hike more.
Pretty Knowledge is nice to look at, but you're better off with knowledge that has a good personality.

Storm
08-22-2013, 09:52
:welcome We can always use a few more good folks on this forum.

illabelle
08-22-2013, 11:59
Just Bill, are you ever NOT funny? :) I always enjoy reading your posts!

Anderson and Trinzushi, you're in the right place. You can learn a lot here. You can spend A LOT of time here. And you can meet some awesome people.

I'm a middle-aged somewhat slow-moving hiker without strong opinions about gear, speed, food, etc. I section-hike with my husband, sometimes our daugher, and we've completed about 520 AT miles over almost 3 years. Maybe we'll cross paths someday...

Welcome-
I was once a simple garden gnome who was brought to life when a seriously baked stoner was about to take a hit of acid but fell over and accidently gave me the dose bringing me to life and compelling me to backpack (as my former garden gnome statue was cast with a backpack attached).
Don't play with Lone Wolf online- but visit him in real life- he's nice there.
Follow Mags advice- hike more.
Pretty Knowledge is nice to look at, but you're better off with knowledge that has a good personality.

Just Bill
08-22-2013, 14:27
Just Bill, are you ever NOT funny? :) I always enjoy reading your posts!

I find not being funny to not be very fun. Although there are a few times, like when I'm taking a dump, that I'm not very funny. Of course sometimes even my dumps come out funny, or make a funny noise, or I make a funny face when I push. When I sleep I'm not funny, since I'm a heavy snorer. I guess that's when.

Another Kevin
08-22-2013, 14:56
I
am
the
slow
hiker
saying,
"welcome
Anderson!"

Mags has lots of sound advice, for instance, about discussion topics: "More beer, less gear!"
If Just Bill can make even taking a dump funny, I bet his snores are funny. too.
And everyone is nicer on the trail than when they're here. Remember that.
Now, don't hang out here. Get out of here and go hiking.

RED-DOG
08-22-2013, 15:07
Welcome to WB Anderson, I am RED-DOG( that is my real trail name ) I have completed the AT three times, my advise to you is like in real life you need to pick your friends carefully here on WB.

Plodderman
08-22-2013, 15:23
Welcome from a section hiker from Ohio.

turtle fast
08-22-2013, 15:43
You have started at the right place for research on the trail along with some advice as to how to hike it....everyone remember has their own opinions on how they and what they hike with....but remember that the main thing is to get out there and do it armed with the best information you have and the gear that you can afford in your price range. Above all have fun!!