PDA

View Full Version : Car Commercial

ganj
01-04-2003, 23:41
Has anyone seen the new Lexus commercial? It's full of all these positive sayings about living a better life and one of them was "I will hike the Appalachian Trail".

The trail was so much better before it sold out and went commercial.;)

Lugnut
01-05-2003, 01:04
I doubt that the ATC sold out. They wouldn't for "Trailblazer" by GM. Besides the Appalachian Trail is public domain/property so permission wouldn't be needed in my opinion. To paraphrase Al Gore, there is no governing authority on the use of a reference to the name only.
Damn, I'm starting to sound like The Weasel!

Redbeard
01-05-2003, 01:22
I've met very few outdoors people who can afford a $30k Toyota with and L on the front. Not to mention the X-terra (pay More for a minimalist vehicle!) What bothers me most are the "get back to nature by driving over it" comercials. i.e. Chevy Tahoe

chief
01-06-2003, 00:52
Originally posted by Redbeard
I've met very few outdoors people who can afford a $30k Toyota with and L on the front. Not to mention the X-terra (pay More for a minimalist vehicle!) What bothers me most are the "get back to nature by driving over it" comercials. i.e. Chevy Tahoe

might as well be accurate! the only toyota that becomes a lexus is the landcruiser and they cost $60K and more. the x-terra is well below $30K.

Redbeard
01-06-2003, 01:17
Sorry Chief!
I'm a bit out of touch, I used to wrench at a dealership but have since kicked the habit.

chief
01-06-2003, 12:15
np! it's just that i've been shopping for a new 4 wheeler. don't want a huge fuel guzzler, nor a loaded up chick's vehicle, nor a tiny box, so the x-terra seems right so far. btw, my 4 wheeling is limited to washed out dirt roads (to get to trails), no nature stomping for me.

Peaks
01-06-2003, 18:42
Originally posted by chief
np! it's just that i've been shopping for a new 4 wheeler. don't want a huge fuel guzzler, nor a loaded up chick's vehicle, nor a tiny box, so the x-terra seems right so far. btw, my 4 wheeling is limited to washed out dirt roads (to get to trails), no nature stomping for me.

I'm not trying to push any 4 x 4 over another, but why not check out Subaru. Our new Subaru seems to have as much traction as our Jeep Cherokee. When up north, look around. I swear that Subaru is the "official" car of Vermont and New Hampshire. Must be a reason.

smokymtnsteve
01-06-2003, 18:51
and subaru supports LEAVE NO TRACE...join leave no trace,inc and get a discount on a subaru...they also suppor tht e traveling trainer program for Leave No Trace, inc ...

ChadL
01-06-2003, 20:19
I have to agree, when I was up in Vermont last summer I saw an overwhelming number of green Subaru wagons. They must do well in lots snow and ice, I wouldn't know, I live in Delaware :)

Chad

Redbeard
01-06-2003, 21:10
As a gearhead, Subaru rocks, Haven't worked on an X'tra yet, Kia is also a good choice, but a pain to work on and a bit slow, but it did win several Baja races. Pretty much any Japenese aluminum engine is going to get superior gas mileage.

SkyKing
01-06-2003, 21:34
My wife got an X-Terra after I rolled her Rodeo and broke my neck....THANKS rock-hauler 18-wheeler!!!! I..and she really like it. I'll stick with my 99' Ford Dually. I'll take on ANY S.O.B. on the road with it.........and after 400,000 + miles pulling a 50' trailer I think I've met them ALL! :D

chief
01-06-2003, 22:44
nope, ain't lookin' for a station wagon.

MedicineMan
01-07-2003, 02:57
I've got a full size Montero for trips and hauling the kids
a 97 Nissan Hardbody Pickup for hauling gravel,block,etc
and a diesel Jetta commuting to work....
but if I could have only one vehicle it would be the
4 door Toyota Pickup--def. the swiss army knife of vehicles