PDA

View Full Version : Rebottle'n my Aqua Mira?

dmax
08-26-2013, 12:10
For the short hikes I've been doing I realize I don't need to take those bottles if I could put them in something else.

Im looking for something that would hold enough to do about 10 liters.
Any ideas?
I was thinking maybe those super small Visine bottles?

Rocket Jones
08-26-2013, 13:05
I repackage mine with mini-dropper bottles I got from Lawson, who doesn't carry them anymore. If you do this, measure the amount of drops from the original vs the new bottles because the drop size will probably be different and you'll need to adjust the number of drops of each bottle to compensate.

dmax
08-26-2013, 21:21
Since Lawson doesn't sell them anymore, does anyone know where to find some?
Good point about the size of drops. I guess I should weigh the drops on a digital scale? Maybe 10 drops out of each and check the weight difference?

Kerosene
08-26-2013, 21:29
Also re-package into mini-dropper bottles that I got from BackpackingLight.com. They don't sell them there anymore either. Gossamer Gear might has them here (http://gossamergear.com/mini-dropper-bottles.html).

MuddyWaters
08-26-2013, 21:30
litetrail or MLD will also carry them.

Or you can go straight to the source, US plastics, and they will be an order of magnitude cheaper.

Your looking for a 10ml boston dropper bottle. Holds enough for about 1 week at 4L per day If I recall correctly.

For 10 L, a 5ml bottle will suffice.

dmax
08-26-2013, 22:00
Thanks guys...

icdaywee
08-27-2013, 11:07
I have the litetrail ones and they work great! However I believe they are currently out of stock on them.