PDA

View Full Version : Resupply at Cloudland Mkt at mile 1726.8 in Vermont?

drifter
08-28-2013, 18:34
Im sectioning Vermont next month, wondering if the market is a viable resupply for a couple days, anyone know the hours it is open?

chiefiepoo
08-28-2013, 20:32
Give 'em a call.

http://www.cloudlandfarm.com/index.htm

I was through there two weeks ago and they had closed the store for a few days. They left a note at the AT trail crossing to inform hikers. There was some good trail magic at the road crossing but the store was not open for re supply. I'd call to find out what their stock is seeing how the season is winding down.

Des
08-28-2013, 20:44
I hit them up on my way north this year. It was a great place to stop for an ice cream break, but I wouldn't recommend it for a resupply. There selection is limited and more aimed at folks looking for fresh meat or specialty organic products.

Not too much further north you'll run through West Hartford and the general store there is an good resupply stop with some pretty delicious subs.

FarmerChef
08-28-2013, 21:16
I hit them up on my way north this year. It was a great place to stop for an ice cream break, but I wouldn't recommend it for a resupply. There selection is limited and more aimed at folks looking for fresh meat or specialty organic products.

Not too much further north you'll run through West Hartford and the general store there is an good resupply stop with some pretty delicious subs.

This. We stopped in and managed to scrounge out a lunch but you can't resupply there. It caters to the organic, on-farm products crowd, not the ready-to-eat Hiker crowd. They have ice cream, cheese, crackers and some precooked items in the fridge.

tiptoe
08-28-2013, 21:30
I hammocked on Cloudland's front lawn some years ago and feasted on maple syrup ice cream, if memory serves. As others have said, it's not so great for resupply, but the owners are nice folks and I enjoyed spending time on a working organic farm.

chiefiepoo
08-28-2013, 22:13
Few other highlights in that area. VT 12 road crossing has a fellow that will let you camp in his barn. A few hundred yards down the road is the On the Edge farmers market. Good pie and ice cream there as well as local produce. This is on the road to/from Woodstock Vt. Further north, West Hartford has the FullBelly deli as mentioned above. Sandwiches, breakfasts, pizza and small grocery selections. Gazebo outside to rest and relax. There is a man "Captain Stash" who has the Hartford sign business that has been known to allow hikers to to camp in his spacious yard. Right by the AMTRAK tracks. I was falling behind due to a continuos rain the day I passed through. The good captain let me hold up in his very dry tool shed for a night. Much appreciated.