PDA

View Full Version : Question about Graymoor Campsite

mibrahim
08-30-2013, 12:48
Hi Everyone! I plan on doing a section hike in 2 weeks from CT to the NJ Border and wanted to know if anyone has information about the Graymoor Ballfield campsite. Are we able to stay there overnight? I only ask this as I have been getting a lot of conflicted information about whether or not we can camp there. Also the my map and guide indicate there is water available there. Does anyone know the reliability and access to water there? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

LIhikers
08-31-2013, 22:19
Yes, you are allowed to tent on the field. There's also a pavilion, with tables, to take shelter in, and running water for drinking and cleaning. There's even a shower available as well as port-a-poti.
Look around in the pavilion for the menu for the local Italian restaurant, they will deliver to the pavilion as it's near a road on the Graymoor property.

Blissful
08-31-2013, 22:21
Be prepared for the bells to ring every hour on the hour all night

stalker42
09-01-2013, 07:41
Iwas there a couple months ago. The bells rang at 9 and not again all night. If you plan on leaving a car there just give then a call and they will email you a parking pass to leave in the window. There is a sink and another spigot for water. Tons of tables and a pretty nice field of grass to tent on. Plenty of trees for you if you are a hanger. It really is a nice site.

Cookerhiker
09-09-2013, 09:31
I stayed there on a section hike in '05 (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=102837). Arriving on a Sunday, I was treated to a couple of soccer games from some sort of Latino-organized league. I was also treated to the food all the women were cooking up! They were all gone before dark, slept well that night. Keep in mind that the open field means your tent is soaking wet with dew the next morning.