PDA

View Full Version : Hiker Hostel In Dahlonega Review

freeholden
09-03-2013, 15:10
My wife and I hiked the Springer/Neel Gap section over the Labor day weekend and we decided to stay at the Hiker Hostel and use their shuttle service. The hostel itself is a beautiful log home with all the amenities of home. We reserved a private room with it's own bathroom for a mere $42!! The top floor had a computer for all guests and the wi-fi was great. The basement level had a full kitchen, laundry, and comfy living room area. Breakfast the next morning was included with the room price. Like everthing else, it was great! The wife , another hiker and I were shuttled over to Springer as soon as we had our gear ready. Our price for two was $51. We all got to Mountain crossings about 3 hours early and they came early to get us. The shuttle back was $31. When we went to settle up the bill, the amount was less than quoted! The owners, Leigh and Josh said they adjusted it since we shared a shuttle with another hiker. I was so pleased I gave them the difference and a little more for a tip. These folks know how to treat people and we're planning another section with them. A true class act!

Chris10
09-03-2013, 20:00
My son and I stayed the night there in late June and had an excellent experience as well. Had planned to go back later in the summer but had to cancel at the last minute. Agree with everything you posted. It is an excellent deal, and they are great hosts!

Dogwood
09-03-2013, 20:09
Amen. I can't recommend Josh and Leigh Saint's Hiker Hostel enough. They definitely have it together there in Dahlonega. Highly rec a night there when traveling from afar to hike the AT! I would say most who support the AT and AT hikers are AWESOME folks too

canoe
09-03-2013, 21:23
A great town and HH is a great place to stay!!!!!

MuddyWaters
09-03-2013, 21:43
A class act. Highly reccomended here as well.
Also a great deal.

CarlZ993
09-03-2013, 23:21
Stayed there before I started my Thru-hike this March. In a word... ditto. Great place.

slbirdnerd
09-04-2013, 08:23
Yep, yep, yep! My son and I stayed 2 nights in June with shuttle service for what turned out to be a pretty short hike. I'll be going back next June.

fizz3499
09-04-2013, 08:35
My husband and I are staying there now and we will be leaving Friday morning to hike the smokies. Our stay has been so wonderful that we have reserved for Thanksgiving weekend. I highly recommend this hostel to everyone