PDA

View Full Version : Weird thoughts and questions while hiking for hours, days, weeks......

Different Socks
09-03-2013, 17:40
Non long distance hikers often ask me, "what do you think about while you're out there for all thos miles?"

I never really had a good answer. So I decided that for each long hike I do in the future, I will submit 1 weird thought or question at the end of each daily journal entry. I have been collecting these entries for several months, but one came up yesterday while I was hiking that seems to occur on every trail no matter where I do my hiking. You could say this first question was encountered during my 1992 AT thru hike. Here is the weird(or not so weird) question:

--If you are already higher in elevation than a place you have to cross( a river, RxR tracks, hwy, etc), why do the trail builders make you ascend even more before you descend to cross that feature? In other words, why do they make you go up to go down?

Here is a few more non trail related:

--If Hawaii is considered a vacation destination, then where do the local Hawaiians go on vacation?
--If blood spills, what does it sound like?
--Why is it that in science fiction stories or movies/TV shows, the first thing to stop working or get damaged on a ship is the hyper drive engines? And why don't they put strong shields around the hyper drive?
--On Half and half cartons are there pictures of missing transvestites?
--If a model puts out a book on dieting, would it be rather thin?
--Is there really not a single word that rhymes with orange?
--Why do people that drive to the gym circle round and round the parking lot to find the closest spot to the entrance to park?
--Will we be so politically correct in the future that parents will say, “ My kids don’t read Winnie the Pooh! He is half naked”.
--Is there any song Weird Al won’t parody?
--If marijuana in rolling papers is called a joint, then why is tobacco in rolling papers called a cigarette?
--In Star Trek universe if they can extend life beyond 100 years why can’t they cure baldness?
--If a person suffers from Torrents Syndrome yet doesn’t know swear words, what would they say?
--If a person is going to repeat something, why do they say “I repeat”?
--Why do women buy/wear earrings that can be 3 inches across, then when they turn their heas it slaps them in the ace?
--Why do people wear their best for church?
--Ever known anyone that gets high all the time say no to this question: “Hey, wanna get high?”
--Why do some men stand so close to urinals?
--Why is a near plane collision called a near miss?
--IF THEY CAN PAY SOMEONE TO NAME WINTER STORMS WHY CAN’T THEY USE ONE TERM TO CLASSIFY CONDITIONS IN THE SKY? Ex: partly cloudy is same as mostly sunny
--If Adam and Eve had Cain, Abel and Seth, one brother killed the other, how did they populate the earth?
--What purpose do you celebrate your birthday: the year that just passed, the year that is coming or the date you were born?

Okay, okay that's enough. But I do have more if you like these.

Anybody have any of their own? Let's hear them!!

Old Hiker
09-03-2013, 18:28
How can you tell when it is time to tune your bagpipes?

What do chickens think we taste like?

Does spoiled milk come from pampered cows?

How did Walt Disney figure out how to make people pay to stand in lines all day and then come back for more the next day?

Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?

Why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?

Old Hiker
09-03-2013, 18:32
When they ask you "What three things would you bring to a deserted island?" why doesn't anyone say "BOAT", "BOAT ENGINE", "GASOLINE"?

Do Lipton tea employees take coffee breaks?

Why is it good to be a Daddy's girl, but bad to be a Momma's boy?

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?

Different Socks
09-03-2013, 18:56
When they ask you "What three things would you bring to a deserted island?" why doesn't anyone say "BOAT", "BOAT ENGINE", "GASOLINE"?

Do Lipton tea employees take coffee breaks?

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?

OH, these are some good ones!! LMAO!!

Onedawg
09-03-2013, 19:18
Why do they call it a "hot water heater" when you don't have to heat hot water?

Why is there a mailbox in front of the post office?

Rasty
09-03-2013, 19:33
What's that smell?

hikerboy57
09-03-2013, 19:36
What's that smell?
cabbage. skunk cabbage.

Dogwood
09-03-2013, 19:44
--If Hawaii is considered a vacation destination, then where do the local Hawaiians go on vacation?

I can answer that one. When Hawaiians go on vacation they go where the non-Hawaiian vacationers aren't and mostly stay right in Hawaii, sometimes to another island though to visit friends and family. You must understand that many Hawaiians live a vacation lifestyle so many feel no need to set aside a special "two weeks" to go on a so called vacation as you are probably defining it. When Hawaiians(of Polynesians descent) do decide to take that week or two off they often go to Las Vegas to gamble. Surprisingly, there are quite a few Hawaiians in Alaska too. Serious.

Carbo
09-03-2013, 19:50
How can I be sure whether I think I'm dreaming or dreaming that I'm thinking?

hikerboy57
09-03-2013, 19:52
did i shut off the lights at home?

Rasty
09-03-2013, 19:52
I wonder what they are doing to my office while I'm gone as revenge for what I did to their office?

Different Socks
09-03-2013, 19:56
Okay, we got some good ones coming for others. Seriously, these are funny, yet truthfully mindind questions others and myself has asked themselves.

When he is captured, why doesn't the bad guy just shoot Bond?

If Wiley Coyote has all that money to buy stuff from ACME, why doesn't he just buy dinner?

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adulthood?

If a siamese twin commits a crime, how do you punish them?

Why sterilize the site of a person getting a lethal injection?

If the president carries a wallet, would it have any cash?

Why are do so few people in the bible have last names?

Why is it that every time someone sees something on a chip, or stain, or piece of toast, it's always Jesus, Mary or God but not anything satanic?

Are there womens bathrooms in a gay bar? What about a mens room in a lesbian bar?

At the drive thru of a bank, why is there braille?

For those that speak using sign language, is it rude to do it if their hands are full?

If a person wears 2 aids and one is not working, do they hear only half of what is said?

Dogwood
09-03-2013, 19:56
How did Walt Disney figure out how to make people pay to stand in lines all day and then come back for more the next day?

WD largely didn't have this problem in his time. Waiting for LONG durations in lines is a more recent occurrence. Where he built WD World in Orlando was in orange orchard rural farm country, nothing like the city that it has become today. Many who he sought financial support from thought he was crazy contemplating building a theme park where he did. Obviously, they were wrong.

Different Socks
09-03-2013, 20:00

WD largely didn't have this problem in his time. Waiting for LONG durations in lines is a more recent occurrence. Where he built WD World in Orlando was in orange orchard rural farm country, nothing like the city that it has become today. Many who he sought financial support from thought he was crazy contemplating building a theme park where he did. Obviously, they were wrong.

Dogwood, while some of these questions may have answers, this is the HIKING HUMOR section. Let's hear some from you.

Dogwood
09-03-2013, 20:00

Macho stigma BS cultural norms. In some cultures they've gotten over this and it's quite acceptable and even complimentary for male children to be aligned with their mothers.

Dogwood
09-03-2013, 20:03
I know Different Socks. You're right. I'm so tired after pulling an all nighter that I've fallen into that Rain Man zone trying to figure out Abbot and Costello's Who's On First shtick.

Rasty
09-03-2013, 20:13
I know Different Socks. You're right. I'm so tired after pulling an all nighter that I've fallen into that Rain Man zone trying to figure out Abbot and Costello's Who's On First shtick.

Who's on first?

A.T.Lt
09-03-2013, 20:45
Where am I?

Where the hell am I going?

Are we there yet?

kayak karl
09-03-2013, 21:02
i think GAP is Latin for "hill ahead"
who put all these branches across the trail and where are the blazes.
a three hour tour, a three hour tour....
this is boring
that's right there's a snickers in my pack
how many people walked here before me? :)

Teacher & Snacktime
09-03-2013, 21:15
If a hen and a half laid an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take a cricket with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Teacher & Snacktime
09-03-2013, 21:19
Taking it out of the barroom and onto the trail:

A hiker looks up and sees a black bear about 50 feet ahead blocking the path and staring right at him. The bear growls "grrr.....I'm gonna............................................. ..........eat you."

The hiker asks "why the big paws?"

Old Hiker
09-03-2013, 21:21
If a hen and a half laid an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long would it take a cricket with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Which leg? Makes a difference. And don't tell me "the wooden one". :rolleyes:

Old Hiker
09-03-2013, 21:24
If a cow laughed real hard, would milk come out her nose?

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

What's another word for Thesaurus?

Who decided what order to put the alphabet in?

Why are there locks on the doors to the convenience store that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year?

Why do they call them apartments when they are all stuck together?

Why do you need a drivers license to buy liquor when you cannot drink and drive? And why do bars have parking lots?

Why does TEFLON stick to the frying pan, since nothing ever sticks to TEFLON?

Why is it so hard to remember how to spell MNEMONIC?

Why are there Interstate Highways in Hawaii?

Old Hiker
09-03-2013, 21:26
Why is it called TOOTHbrush when you brush all of your teeth? No Arkansas jokes, please.

Different Socks
09-03-2013, 22:30
If the skipper on Gilligan's island can practically build a nuclear reactor out of seaweed, palms and coconuts, why can't he fix a hole in the boat?

Different Socks
09-03-2013, 22:31
What's longer a microwave minute, a treadmill minute or an AT up hill minute?

kayak karl
09-03-2013, 22:43
If the skipper on Gilligan's island can practically build a nuclear reactor out of seaweed, palms and coconuts, why can't he fix a hole in the boat? i got the song in your head, didn't i :)

Different Socks
09-03-2013, 22:44
Yep, it's going non stop now!

rocketsocks
09-03-2013, 23:44
How much does the Appalachian trail weigh?

Last Call
09-04-2013, 01:27
Why is an orange called an orange? We don't call a banana a yellow or an apple a red....why is that?

Mountain Mike
09-04-2013, 02:22
Why isn't Phonetically spelled like it sounds?

tickspit
09-04-2013, 04:51
Where did you lose it at?

daddytwosticks
09-04-2013, 07:14
Why do we park on the driveway, but drive on the parkway?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? :)

The Cleaner
09-04-2013, 08:05
When I come to an overlook that has a town in view I wonder what all those people are doing while I'm having a great time hiking....:rolleyes:

Different Socks
09-04-2013, 09:16
Why do we park on the driveway, but drive on the parkway?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? :)

Do people that are strict vegetarians ever find themselves leaning towards the sun?

Different Socks
09-04-2013, 09:16
When I come to an overlook that has a town in view I wonder what all those people are doing while I'm having a great time hiking....:rolleyes:

Have had this thought many times myself, and the fact that they have no idea what they could be missing.

rocketsocks
09-04-2013, 09:27
I...can't believe no ones tackled this yet...C'mon all you OCDer's.....alright, I'll give ya till the end of the week, cause I know your all comin off a holiday weekend.

...give me somethin I can stand on!

Different Socks
09-04-2013, 09:42
What a synonym for synonym?

rocketsocks
09-04-2013, 09:49
What a synonym for synonym?
Cin-a-ni-na-ni-nanim

Teacher & Snacktime
09-04-2013, 11:34

It weighs heavily on my mind.....

hikerboy57
09-04-2013, 11:41
How much does the Appalachian trail weigh?nobo or sobo?

Train Wreck
09-04-2013, 15:42

Dogwood
09-04-2013, 16:17

Depends on the season and how softly you walk.

perdidochas
09-04-2013, 17:06

Waiting at Walt Disney World is not a new thing. The park opened in 1971. My family visited in 1973, there were long lines then. As I remember, traffic outside the park was almost nonexistent then.

rocketsocks
09-04-2013, 17:53
It weighs heavily on my mind.....

Ding ding ding...winner winner chicken dinner.

Teacher & Snacktime
09-04-2013, 18:02
Ding ding ding...winner winner chicken dinner.

Yeah! I'm starved and don't feel like cooking...chicken sounds good.

kayak karl
09-04-2013, 18:16
metonym...

Different Socks
09-04-2013, 18:22
--Has anyone ever heard the dawn crack?

--If a candle factory catches on fire, do the employees stand outside singing Happy Birthday?

--If water is in a watermelon, what's in a kumquat?

--Why do you never hear about anyone defecting to Russia or Cuba?

--When women wear pants so tight it’s like a 2nd skin, how do they get them down fast enough to sit on the toilet?

--Does anyone say, “When I grow up I wanna be a bar fly”, or “When I grow up I wanna be a mortician”.

--If so many women like to get breast enlargement or reduction, why is it you never hear of a man asking the doctor, “can’t you shorten this?”

--If you use your fingers to open bandaids packages why do they make them so difficult to open considering the fact it is most likely your fingers that are injured?

rocketsocks
09-04-2013, 21:25
If the bathroom leaks, will the kitchen sink?

Kembo
09-04-2013, 21:53
If you take an aerosol can into outer space and compress millions of cubic miles of vacuum into the can then bring it back to earth then push the button will it suck the whole earth into the can?

quasarr
09-04-2013, 22:34
If you like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain. If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain. If you like making love at MIDNIGHT, in the duuuuuunes of the cape

A.T.Lt
09-05-2013, 00:36
Have you seen the bridge? Wheres that confounded bridge?

Different Socks
09-07-2013, 15:00
Why does pet food come in shapes, colors and sizes? Doesn't really matter to the animal.

Bronk
09-08-2013, 14:59
--If you are already higher in elevation than a place you have to cross( a river, RxR tracks, hwy, etc), why do the trail builders make you ascend even more before you descend to cross that feature? In other words, why do they make you go up to go down?

Perhaps you are hiking in the summer time when all the leaves are on the trees and you can't see the view that the trail builder had in mind when he had you move to higher elevation...its also possible that the terrain dictated a rise because there was no other convenient path from point A to B, or its also possible that the trail follows a thin corridor that doesn't leave many options for routing the trail.

Bronk
09-08-2013, 15:01
The different sizes, shapes and colors of dog food have different flavors to them in some brands of dog food. A friend of mine has a dog that picks out certain shapes of food and eats those and leaves the rest in the bowl.

Bronk
09-08-2013, 15:04
[QUOTE=Different Socks;1524492
--Why do you never hear about anyone defecting to Russia or Cuba?

[/QUOTE]

Edward Snowden did just that...he was planning on flying to Cuba on his way to Ecuador but got stuck in Russia...he's now been granted asylum there.

Symba
09-08-2013, 20:20
did you see the size of that Chicken!?! Was that a snake or a root? Is that a shelter up ahead? I know the Lean-to is right over this next hill. I want a freaking cheeseburger deluxe. When I get to town I'm going to get a cheeseburger deluxe, maybe a pizza too. I want a beer. I hope everything is okay at home. I should have packed butterscotch crumpets this time.

Different Socks
09-08-2013, 22:01
If the bad side of The Force is called the Dark Side, what is the other side called?

kayak karl
09-08-2013, 22:07
If the bad side of The Force is called the Dark Side, what is the other side called?The light side of the Force, also commonly known as the Ashla or simply the Force, was the side of the Force (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force) aligned with honesty, compassion, mercy, self-sacrifice, and other positive emotions. For the most part, the Jedi (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi) simply referred to this as the Force. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND:)

Different Socks
09-08-2013, 22:10
The light side of the Force, also commonly known as the Ashla or simply the Force, was the side of the Force (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force) aligned with honesty, compassion, mercy, self-sacrifice, and other positive emotions. For the most part, the Jedi (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi) simply referred to this as the Force. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND:)

Yeah, well why do they never use that definition in the movies?

kayak karl
09-08-2013, 22:14
the movie never does the book justice.

Different Socks
09-14-2013, 19:29
I a person takes takes a prostitute against her will, is that rape or shoplifting?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

3_dogs
09-14-2013, 21:16
Sometimes while I'm walking through the woods of West Virginia, going off trail just to see what's at the top of the hill or what's over there, I find myself wondering when was the last time a person was here. That gets me think where's the nearest place no person has ever been.

illabelle
09-15-2013, 06:02
I often ponder about somehow arriving on an unpopulated earth with a circle of friends and acquaintances, and we get the task of rebuilding civilization. It's not a matter of traveling to a post-apolocalyptic city and scavenging off the remnants. It's more like a do-over of coming off Noah's ark after the Great Flood. We have the things we're carrying, and the knowledge and skills of the 21st century. Yeah, I know it's not funny for the humor forum, but that's what I think about.

Anybody have any garden seeds in their pack?
Who knows what iron ore looks like and how to make a chainsaw?
How long does it take to domesticate a cow?
How do you preserve the knowledge of the modern world without paper?
When somebody dies, will we dissect them?
How do you build a civil society and not fall under the control of those who resort to force?

Furlough
09-15-2013, 07:53
If a half a$$ed job is understood to be a bad job, Is a full a$$ed job better or worse?

Different Socks
09-15-2013, 09:32
If someone says, "that tastes like *****", how do they actually know?

Different Socks
02-19-2014, 00:06
If peeople get upset finding a hair in their food, why do some pople che on their hair?

For those that like to use ice fishing shanties and they use then for hours at a time, where do they go to the bathroom?

Why does it seem like almost every movie/TV series that features a character that has a job as a dishwasher, he/she is ridiculously good looking?

How is it that in movies/TV shows, no matter how little they make or money they have, the characters always manages to put together really good Halloween costumes?

If blood spills, what does it sound like?

How can a structure burn up and down at the same time?

If they keep taking ingredients out, how come the price of diet food is so high?

Knowing that people cold possible name their kids after popular TV/movie characters, have you ever met a Gilligan?

Deacon
02-19-2014, 06:35
Regarding that narrow slick toilet paper you find in public restrooms. Have the people who make that stuff ever used it?

Dogwood
02-19-2014, 14:04
The quality of a question says volumes about the author.

psyon27
02-19-2014, 14:30
I a person takes takes a prostitute against her will, is that rape or shoplifting?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Bread.

Ken

Toon
02-19-2014, 16:18
--Why do some men stand so close to urinals

They have very small units.

bamboo bob
02-19-2014, 19:01
While looking at my feet as I walk my thoughts are: Where's the next water? Is it time for a break? Where should I camp? Contemplating the larger questions never actually happens to me.

Capt Nat
02-19-2014, 19:06
The speed of light is a little over 186,282 miles per second, I wonder what the speed of dark is....

I left the truck, walked 5 miles. Why is the walk back so much farther?

Different Socks
02-19-2014, 19:11
The speed of light is a little over 186,282 miles per second, I wonder what the speed of dark is....

Often wondered this myself.

Different Socks
02-19-2014, 19:12
If an alien ship approached earth upside down, wouldn't they think that the south pole is the top?

Rolls Kanardly
02-19-2014, 19:38

Wet or dry?

Twice as much as half. Rolls

Rolls Kanardly
02-19-2014, 19:43
If an alien ship approached earth upside down, wouldn't they think that the south pole is the top?

Who is to say, maybe we are the ones that are upside down.
Who made the decision anyway that north is on top and south is on the bottom. Rolls

Pedaling Fool
02-20-2014, 09:32

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24361-speed-limit-found-for-sluggish-dark-matter.html :)

Capt Nat
02-20-2014, 11:58
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24361-speed-limit-found-for-sluggish-dark-matter.html :)

Who would have thought that dark was so slow?

I also wonder how long the trail would be if it were flattened out instead of crumpled into mountains and hills...

mrcoffeect
02-20-2014, 16:38
How many doves would it take to pick me up and fly me to the moon? Or at least to where im making camp that night.

squeezebox
02-20-2014, 19:04
Is my zipper pulled up ?

Pedaling Fool
02-20-2014, 20:44
Here's a basic science quiz (really basic); seems like many did not so well. If you're one of the people that do poorly, then maybe you can visit a library and check out some science books, which are also really good generating some weird thoughts/questions on a hike...or a long bike ride:)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-basic-science-1-4-180551784.html

Ostrogoth
03-22-2014, 12:17
When I'm hiking I want to go home, when I'm at home I want to go hiking

i paid 5 dollars to hike this trail, so why do I have to climb around all these annoying rocks

if a bear can gain a hundred pounds in the woods why do I have to carry all this fringing food

if a hunter accidentally shoots and kills me can I still sue him

Seeing all the trash left behind I wonder who are real animals in the woods

Migrating Bird
03-22-2014, 14:29
Where does the white go when the snow melts

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

If you never do what other men call foolish, you'll only know what foolish men know.

canoe
03-22-2014, 18:03
Here's a basic science quiz (really basic); seems like many did not so well. If you're one of the people that do poorly, then maybe you can visit a library and check out some science books, which are also really good generating some weird thoughts/questions on a hike...or a long bike ride:)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-basic-science-1-4-180551784.html very weak test. Absolutly no evidence that humans came from other animals. question 10. If there was it would make history. No missing link ever found.

Sarcasm the elf
03-22-2014, 18:25

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-basic-science-1-4-180551784.html

When hiking I often contemplate why it is that so many people keep themselves willfully ignorant of basic scientific facts and worse yet, why it is that they try to write off the overwhelmingly abundant evidence simply because the science doesn't fit in with their own world view.

skinnbones
03-22-2014, 20:17
Indians who drink a lot of Lipton and then urinate, is this where the word Tepee comes from?

Feral Bill
03-22-2014, 21:26
Who is to say, maybe we are the ones that are upside down.
Who made the decision anyway that north is on top and south is on the bottom. Rolls Not an Australian.

Feral Bill
03-22-2014, 21:30
very weak test. Absolutly no evidence that humans came from other animals. question 10. If there was it would make history. No missing link ever found.
This definitely belongs in the humor forum.

Sheriff Cougar
03-24-2014, 00:31
Non long distance hikers often ask me, "what do you think about while you're out there for all thos miles?"

I never really had a good answer. So I decided that for each long hike I do in the future, I will submit 1 weird thought or question at the end of each daily journal entry. I have been collecting these entries for several months, but one came up yesterday while I was hiking that seems to occur on every trail no matter where I do my hiking. You could say this first question was encountered during my 1992 AT thru hike. Here is the weird(or not so weird) question:

Here is a few more non trail related:

--If blood spills, what does it sound like?
--Why is it that in science fiction stories or movies/TV shows, the first thing to stop working or get damaged on a ship is the hyper drive engines? And why don't they put strong shields around the hyper drive?
--On Half and half cartons are there pictures of missing transvestites?
--If a model puts out a book on dieting, would it be rather thin?
--Is there really not a single word that rhymes with orange?
--Why do people that drive to the gym circle round and round the parking lot to find the closest spot to the entrance to park?
--Will we be so politically correct in the future that parents will say, “ My kids don’t read Winnie the Pooh! He is half naked”.
--Is there any song Weird Al won’t parody?
--If marijuana in rolling papers is called a joint, then why is tobacco in rolling papers called a cigarette?
--In Star Trek universe if they can extend life beyond 100 years why can’t they cure baldness?
--If a person suffers from Torrents Syndrome yet doesn’t know swear words, what would they say?
--If a person is going to repeat something, why do they say “I repeat”?
--Why do women buy/wear earrings that can be 3 inches across, then when they turn their heas it slaps them in the ace?
--Why do people wear their best for church?
--Ever known anyone that gets high all the time say no to this question: “Hey, wanna get high?”
--Why do some men stand so close to urinals?
--Why is a near plane collision called a near miss?
--IF THEY CAN PAY SOMEONE TO NAME WINTER STORMS WHY CAN’T THEY USE ONE TERM TO CLASSIFY CONDITIONS IN THE SKY? Ex: partly cloudy is same as mostly sunny
--If Adam and Eve had Cain, Abel and Seth, one brother killed the other, how did they populate the earth?
--What purpose do you celebrate your birthday: the year that just passed, the year that is coming or the date you were born?

Okay, okay that's enough. But I do have more if you like these.

Anybody have any of their own? Let's hear them!!

What I would really love to see are the answers to all of your questions!! That would be a hoot!

perdidochas
03-24-2014, 11:14
very weak test. Absolutly no evidence that humans came from other animals. question 10. If there was it would make history. No missing link ever found.

Of course there is. If Darwin could see our fossil record, he would be totally convinced he was right. The problem is that everytime we wind a "missing link" we still see a gap..... (and taht's the way it will always be).

Hill Ape
03-24-2014, 12:20
dave?! daves not here man

Different Socks
03-24-2014, 12:33
When a person gets arrested, spends time in jail b/c they cannot post bail, goes to trial and is convicted and sent to prsion, what happens to all their belongings, property, pets, etc?

When we sneeze, we say, "God bless you". What is said if god sneezes?

If people say they have a bad cold, would anyone ever say they have a good one?

Old Grouse
03-24-2014, 14:34

Since a hen lays an egg about every 30 hours, that part of your equation is pretty close!

canoe
03-24-2014, 15:23
This definitely belongs in the humor forum.

Not one missing link has ever been found...not one there should be a missing link for each phase of transition from one species to the next. Not one has ever been found. That is what I find humorous as I walk the trail.

rafe
03-24-2014, 21:13
Not one missing link has ever been found...not one there should be a missing link for each phase of transition from one species to the next. Not one has ever been found. That is what I find humorous as I walk the trail.

So you and your kin arrived via asteroid or something?

Sarcasm the elf
03-24-2014, 21:18
So you and your kin arrived via asteroid or something?

Many of my middle school classmates proposed that very theory to explain my personality and behavior.

Foresight
03-24-2014, 22:26
Do Mexicans call their vaquero movies Northerns?