PDA

View Full Version : Looking to go out in NJ/NY Area

mibrahim
09-04-2013, 07:35
Hi All! I live in North Jersey and don't really know any other hikers/backpackers. Looking for anyone who would want to go out in the NJ/NY area. Whether it would be day hikes or overnighters.

Durtydan
09-04-2013, 13:51
I live in central nj but hike around the area somewhat often. usually 2 night, 3 day trips but it is always different. let me know what you were thinking of doing

da fungo
09-04-2013, 19:39
There's a guy named Mike Helbing who runs weekly hikes throughiut Northern NJ, eastern PA, and nearby areas. He's about your age, as are most of the folks who hike with him. Most hikes are 15 - 20 miles. They're of varying difficulty, and normally a lot of fun.He has his own organization, with a Facebook listing and listings on Meetup.com. Look for Metrotrails.org.

russb
09-04-2013, 20:37
I am in the Adirondacks every other weekend. You are welcome to join me on any of my exploits.

Another Kevin
09-04-2013, 23:45
I'm down to the Catskills often and Bear Mountain/Harriman/Sterling Forest occasionally. If you're willing to go as far afield as the Cats, I'd love to have company.

mibrahim
09-05-2013, 13:33
I'm down to do anything really. I am planning on doing a section hike from Dennyton Rd to Bear Mountain next weekend. And looking for other trips after that.

bpowell1014
09-05-2013, 18:25
I might be totally down for that. That's only 17.3 miles. If you could extend that 4 miles to start south of there at Fahnestock, that'd be awesome. If not, it might still work. How many days, 1 or 2?

bosborne
09-05-2013, 22:09
mibrahim (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?46721-mibrahim), you can connect with hikers or learn about group hikes in NY and NJ through http://nynjtc.org (New York New Jersey Trail Conference), it's a good group of people.

Duderino
09-06-2013, 10:01
Hey Buckaroos, first post... so please be gentle

I'm in the planning stages for GAME this upcoming spring and would like to do a NJ section hike from round about E. Stroudsburg to Wawayanda st park area (NY state line) possibly next weekend and change..

If anyone will be out there, holler. hooking up would be cool. Everyone I meet on the trail is usually pretty cool

Anybody have a realistic idea of how long this hike should take... I'll be going a lil heavy n taking it kinda slow to experiment with some new gear.

Ive done from hiigh point to NY line and was a bit curious about the lower portion of that hike.

mibrahim
09-08-2013, 10:07
Would be 2 days. Planning on starting early Saturday morning and come back Sunday late afternoon early evening. Got to back to work the next day.