PDA

View Full Version : Pinefield Hut spring condition???

twilight
09-09-2013, 13:53
Heading to SNP in a week, was wondering if any one has stopped for water or stayed at Pinefield Hut and can give current spring/ information? My guide book says the springs are not reliable, but we have had an abundance of rain this year, so I'm hpoing this still plays into my favor.

Twilight

dabjrnl
09-13-2013, 16:50
Twilight,

Last year I received accurate water info from the office at SNP that distributes backcountry permits. You should be able to get the number from the main SNP website. Good luck. Look forward to your report. I may be heading that way in October.

twilight
09-14-2013, 10:52
Thanks for the info. I'll try the SNP website to get a phone number. From my guide book i know there's water before and after the shelter. So we'll probably just water up before we get to the shelter to be on the safe side. I'll leave a report here when we get back on how the water sources were at Pinefield Hut, at least there will be something a little more current than the last thread. We'll be heading out in Oct. too, to do the top half of SNP.

Twilight

Blissful
09-15-2013, 20:12
Plenty of water everywhere this year in SNP.

twilight
10-01-2013, 20:24
Stayed at this shelter last week, there was water in the creek. Another good rainfall would help, though.

Twilight