PDA

View Full Version : NEMO Obi 1P or BA Speedhouse SL1

Cgconrad
09-09-2013, 22:44
Looking to get a 1 person tent. Up in the air with these two. Leaning towards the BA due to it being lighter. Anyone have experience with either of these tents? Also as a side question. Whats your take on the NEMO GOGO LE Bivy? Thanks everyone!!

moytoy
09-10-2013, 03:03
I really think this would be a matter of personal preference. I have the OBi and the strong points for me are a little higher sit up height, a larger vestibule and side entrance. I'm a little less nimble than I was even just 5 years ago and the side entrance seems to be easier for me to get in and out. The one down side is of course the extra 6 or so oz's. All my points I have made without ever having used a Seedhouse SL1.

moytoy
09-10-2013, 03:23
Actually the thing that sold me on the Nemo back when I bought it was the Jakes foot system. I guess you could call me a sucker for gimmicks but the Jakes foot has worked for me. http://www.dacpole.com/html/jakes_foot_new.htm

Venchka
09-10-2013, 08:40
Am I allowed to say about both...
Fiddly pole system with little parts to break or disappear.
1200mm head fly & floors?????
Afterthought vestibules.
Not impressed by either.
TarpTent. Pick one. Any one.

Wayne

moytoy
09-10-2013, 08:48
Am I allowed to say about both...
Fiddly pole system with little parts to break or disappear.
1200mm head fly & floors?????
Afterthought vestibules.
Not impressed by either.
TarpTent. Pick one. Any one.

Wayne
Yep...Some grow up and move on. I just never have:)

Venchka
09-10-2013, 08:50
ps: The TarpTents set up with the fly protecting the inner tent & keeping it dry. Try that with most tents that still rely on a tent body first & fly last set up. Hilleberg got it right decades ago. The TarpTents use the same system.

Wayne

Venchka
09-10-2013, 08:54
Yep...Some grow up and move on. I just never have:)

I hear you, he said from behind his ArcFlex Terraplane and inside his Garuda Atman!
I may never buy another tent. If I do it will either be a Hilleberg or a TarpTent. There is more to a tent than ounces alone.

Wayne