PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle needed to Springer in September

TickPicker
08-10-2005, 09:11
Gonna start a section hike in mid-september through Georgia. Gonna park in Hiawassee and need a shuttle from there to Springer to start on either September 12th,13th or 14th. Any information would be appreciated.

TickPicker:clap
The land of the dimpled chad

orangebug
08-10-2005, 10:20
Where are you staying in Hiawassee? I suspect the parking area may be able to connect you to shuttle services, such as Blueberry Patch, Pittsburg and many other folks in the area.

TickPicker
08-10-2005, 15:08
We are not staying there. When the hike is done we will leave Hiawassee. We are just going to park there, shuttle to Springer and hike back to Hiawassee.

TickPicker

orangebug
08-10-2005, 15:34
Then, I'd plan on checking with someone in Hiawassee (Blueberry Patch or Holiday Inn Express) and see if you can put together a package deal for shuttle and parking. You'll probably want a shuttle or hitch from Dick's Creek Gap down to Hiawassee on your return. You probably could use a shower and a place to clean up and sleep for a night before driving home.

Mags
08-10-2005, 15:44
Almanac and Profile of www.hikerhostel.com will do shuttles in Georgia area.

They just left my apt. this morning (stayed at my place after finishing the Colorado Trail), suspect they will be back in Georgia later this week.

Really nice folks!

orangebug
08-10-2005, 16:55
Mags is quite correct. They have a terrific reputation.

prozac
08-10-2005, 22:03
I would definately recommend Hikerhostel. Josh and Leigh are excellant hosts and run a first class hostel. Rates are extremely reasonable to boot. You could probably park your car at the Hiawasee Inn for the duration of your hike and catch a free shuttle from them from either Dicks or Unicoi Gap. The owners Ron and Sam are very accomodating and run one of the more hiker friendly hotels along the trail.

TickPicker
08-15-2005, 08:22
Got the info on HikerHostel and emailed them, anyone know how to contact the Blueberry Patch??????????

TickPicker

orangebug
08-15-2005, 14:36
Go to the Blueberry Patch thread where someone gave your their phone number. I was there ten days ago and had a blast picking Blueberries with my GF and her daughters. I suspect this coming weekend will be about the end of picking season for them.

Curt
08-15-2005, 21:48
Tickpicker,

I live in NC but only 6 miles from Hiawassee, GA and can help you. You can leave your car at my place and me or my wife (if I am not home) can take you to Springer. My phone number is 828-389-4531.

Corsican GA-ME 99

TickPicker
08-17-2005, 18:21
Where at in NC Curt?? My wifes parents live in Murphy.

Tickpicker,

I live in NC but only 6 miles from Hiawassee, GA and can help you. You can leave your car at my place and me or my wife (if I am not home) can take you to Springer. My phone number is 828-389-4531.

Corsican GA-ME 99