PDA

View Full Version : BJ's Down Jacket

A.T.Lt
09-15-2013, 19:23
I was in BJ's today and they had a down jacket made by Hawke & Co. There was no technical detail listed on any of the tags other than it was 90% Goose down and 10% duck down..No fill info. Does any one else have information on this jacket? It felt very light weight but I would like to know what the fill is. The website doesn't look like its up and running when I checked and other searches via internet didn't yield many results

DeerPath
09-16-2013, 10:08
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/hawke-and-co~b~3274/reviews/

Some reviews of Hawk & Co. that may be helpful.
Happy Trails

Dogwood
09-16-2013, 16:04
I think it's 550-650 or something like that down. Costco is carrying them too. Totally usable for the thrifty hiker on a budget. Seemed to have feathers(quills) in the vests I look at at rather than all down. And, the craftsmanship particularly in the sewing and design made me suspicious. Don't be fooled though. It's not the same level of down or the same kind of down or quality of a piece as say my Patagonia, RAB, MontBell, Western Mountaineering down vests and jackets. The price reflects this. You're getting what you're paying for in this situation. Totally workable though if you don't need the best of the best.

Rasty
09-16-2013, 16:10
JC Penny has a similar jacket. Picked one up for $30ish for my daughter. She is very happy with it.