PDA

View Full Version : Public transport to Monson

inbal
08-10-2005, 17:07
Hi, I have to questions about the monson to katahdin trail
1. how can i get to monson with public transportation?
2. is it possible to get a shuttle to long pond tote road? how much would it cost? do i have to plan it in advance?
thanks

Jack Tarlin
08-10-2005, 17:17
I know of no public transportation that presently services Monson. There might be something (bus?) that goes to Greenville or Moosehead Lake. Greenville.

You best choice for information regarding getting to Monson and subsequent local shuttling would be to call Keith Shaw, Jr. at (207) 997-3597.

If a trail crossing in that region is accessible by vehicle, Keith knows where it is and wil happily get you there.

TJ aka Teej
08-10-2005, 19:06
Shalom, and welcome to WhiteBlaze, Inbal.

Jack has provided the best resource for specific info regarding transport around mid-Maine and Monson. Call Keith.

No bus to Greenville (15 mins North of Monson) that I can remember. The Portland > Quebec bus used to stop at the Caratunk Post Office, but that's long time gone.

Tim Rich
08-11-2005, 10:24
Shalom, and welcome to WhiteBlaze, Inbal.

Jack has provided the best resource for specific info regarding transport around mid-Maine and Monson. Call Keith.

No bus to Greenville (15 mins North of Monson) that I can remember. The Portland > Quebec bus used to stop at the Caratunk Post Office, but that's long time gone.

Just a heads up on shuttle prices. Shaw's is up to $2 a mile, so the one way ride from Bangor to Monson is $90 now. As a gauge for local shuttling, Keith estimated a food drop to Jo Mary Road would run $90 to $100 this year. If you're looking for a ride near Millinocket, Minuteman Taxi took us from Millinocket to Bangor for $80.

Have a great hike.

Tim