PDA

View Full Version : Hikers in need of shelter in Portland, ME

Candy Pants
09-17-2013, 07:56
Hey there hiking family! Noodle and I have just arrived in Portland, ME and are a bit homeless. We were wondering if there were any former or would be hikers in the area that perhaps had some floor space for two well behaved, house-broken, thru-traveling females. We are more than willing to work for stay in between searching for jobs and a cozy place of our own.

Thanks guys,
Candy Pants

HikerMom58
09-17-2013, 10:43
Aww... well, I hope you find something soon Candy Pants.

The family I shuttled earlier this Spring spoke about a "Candy Pants" hiking the trail. They spoke very highly of you, if you are the one & only Candy Pants of the AT. LOL!!

Sly
09-17-2013, 11:26
Guthook lives in Portland, ME

http://www.guthookhikes.com/

Candy Pants
09-17-2013, 15:07
Thank you so much ^_^

Candy Pants
09-17-2013, 15:08
Were you shuttling Houdini and her clan?! ^_^

HikerMom58
09-17-2013, 15:16
Were you shuttling Houdini and her clan?! ^_^

I sure was... Mom, the twin boys and the 2 girls. :0) Houdini mentioned you were very helpful to her when they rolled into the shelter. All of them, including the kids, liked you a lot!! :) Your good reputation proceeds you, girl!!! :D

Kerosene
09-17-2013, 15:40
Isn't it great when good deeds and good cheer, given without expectation, are recognized down the line? :)

flemdawg1
09-17-2013, 15:50
I sure was... Mom, the twin boys and the 2 girls. :0) Houdini mentioned you were very helpful to her when they rolled into the shelter. All of them, excluding the kids, liked you a lot!! :) Your good reputation proceeds you, girl!!! :D

Wy didn't the kids like her?

HikerMom58
09-17-2013, 15:53
Wy didn't the kids like her?

Oh Gosh... my bad I meant to say INCLUDING the kids... the kids all LOVED her.. thanks flemdawg1... Sorry Candy Pants :eek:

Meriadoc
09-17-2013, 21:02
Hello Candy Pants!

I live in Naples ME, an hour west of Portland. But you would be welcome to stay for a couple days with a little advance notice (I have roommates). On the weekend I can give transport!

I wish I could offer more. I was in a similar situation a month ago before landing here.

HikerMom58
09-17-2013, 21:25
Hello Candy Pants!

I live in Naples ME, an hour west of Portland. But you would be welcome to stay for a couple days with a little advance notice (I have roommates). On the weekend I can give transport!

I wish I could offer more. I was in a similar situation a month ago before landing here.

Aww.... that's really nice. :) Meriadoc- Naples ME? That brings back a lot of memories for me. I went to a camp in Naples ME. The camp was on Long Lake!! :>) It was so beautiful there!

Rain Man
09-18-2013, 11:27
.... two well behaved, house-broken, thru-traveling females....

Yes, they are! Very nice gals, indeed. A photo at the Ben & Jerry's in Manchester Center (?), VT the first week of August. That's The Professor standing behind them.

Rain:sunMan