PDA

View Full Version : Standing Indian Campground Trails

smithjv
09-17-2013, 18:10
Is there a good direct trail from the Standing Indian Campground to the FSR71/AT intersection? I want to camp there a couple days but can't wait to come around the circle to get there.

max patch
09-17-2013, 18:52
Kimsey Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile blue blaze from SIC to Deep Gap.

smithjv
09-18-2013, 08:05
Thanks. Anywhere to go to see it marked on a map/coordinates/etc?

Gray Blazer
09-18-2013, 08:54
Are you talking about Deep Gap? There is a nice place to camp a little bit north of there on the AT by a stream. You could always walk a few miles south to the shelter that has some nice tent spots with a view.

smithjv
09-18-2013, 21:30
Does it basically follow the river to SIC?

WMR
09-18-2013, 22:18
"Basically", yes, but it's not that easy. There are a few spots where you can take wrong turn or lose the trail. KC used to be poorly marked, it's better now but search this forum for the hand-drawn map posted by someone, it's very handy.

max patch
09-18-2013, 23:04
"Basically", yes, but it's not that easy. There are a few spots where you can take wrong turn or lose the trail. KC used to be poorly marked, it's better now but search this forum for the hand-drawn map posted by someone, it's very handy.

This is the map drawn by Ron Haven. I've never had problems following the trail, but a few have have complained over the years.

http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1&pictureid=150

max patch
09-19-2013, 00:12
This is the map drawn by Ron Haven. I've never had problems following the trail, but a few have have complained over the years.

http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1&pictureid=150

I don't know why the picture isn't showing, but right click and open in a new tab and you'll see it.

smithjv
09-24-2013, 14:59
I don't know why the picture isn't showing, but right click and open in a new tab and you'll see it.

Can you e-mail it to me? [email protected]