PDA

View Full Version : Goverment Shutdown

Mother Natures Son
09-21-2013, 13:19
As the Oct. deadline for government shutdown looms close, they are talking about closing the national parks if things come down to that. Since the AT goes through several national parks, what are they going to do to keep hikers out? Gates across the trail or something else?

Old Hiker
09-21-2013, 13:24
Gonna hire more guards/personnel with the same company clearing them as Snowden and Alexis.

mtnkngxt
09-21-2013, 13:51
This is all a dog and pony show, I wouldn't worry about it.

johnnybgood
09-21-2013, 13:51
As the Oct. deadline for government shutdown looms close, they are talking about closing the national parks if things come down to that. Since the AT goes through several national parks, what are they going to do to keep hikers out? Gates across the trail or something else?
AT hikers will not be affected , minus services of course. In a gov't shutdown, no park personnel will be there to collect fees, monitor the backcountry trails or be there to call emergency services if someone needed it.

hikerboy57
09-21-2013, 13:55
we've been down this road before.just keep walking.

johnnybgood
09-21-2013, 14:01
In Shenandoah Nat'l Park the waysides are operated by an outside concessionaire, non-government entity, and also should not be affected from what I understand.

winger
09-21-2013, 14:47
We can only wish and hope for a reprieve from the bureaucrats...do the politicians in Washington still get paid in the event of a shutdown....as if they deserved a pay check in the first place.

leaftye
09-21-2013, 15:00
This is all a dog and pony show, I wouldn't worry about it.

The sequester was supposed to be the nuclear option, yet look what happened.

mtnkngxt
09-21-2013, 15:29
I won't get into politics, but when you continually play stupid games, eventually people will get tired of it, and call you out. This is what has happened. He'll either sign off on the budget or he'll effectively shut down the country over something that a large portion of the people do not want.

Those are the facts

max patch
09-21-2013, 15:31
LOL at Kennesaw Nat'l Park they had the gate to the parking lot closed and locked with a "closed" sign on the gate. But the Park goes thru several neighborhoods which all have access trails to the hiking trails plus the hiking trails cross several roads which are not gated.

Deacon
09-21-2013, 15:33
Please don't get started.

leaftye
09-21-2013, 16:04
I won't get into politics, but when you continually play stupid games, eventually people will get tired of it, and call you out. This is what has happened. He'll either sign off on the budget or he'll effectively shut down the country over something that a large portion of the people do not want.

Those are the facts

Right, because congress isn't playing stupid games. You have a twisted extremist far right view of the facts.

Deacon
09-21-2013, 16:48
Please don't get started.

Alleghanian Orogeny
09-21-2013, 16:56
Nobody reads these forums to gain enlightenment about anybody else's political views and beliefs. Take this discussion somewhere other than WB.

AO

Alligator
09-21-2013, 17:02
If the government gets shut down we can discuss the effects on the AT after it happens. Otherwise, please don't start hypothetical political threads. Thanks.