PDA

View Full Version : Season Review

Mother Natures Son
09-22-2013, 19:35
As hiking season winds down, I was wondering has anyone stayed at either, Iron Master's Hostel (Pine Grove State Park, PA) or the Doyles lately? Has much changed in these hiker havens? :banana

WalksInDark
09-22-2013, 21:25
I did not spend the night at Doyle's. But, if the dining room/bar is any indication, everything looks exactly the same as when I was there two years ago.

ChinMusic
09-22-2013, 21:41
I stayed at both and enjoyed my stays. I had the additional benefit of hanging with the resident of room 23 at the Doyle.

steve0423
09-22-2013, 22:00
can't speak to Iron Master's, but I stayed at The Doyle. It was everything i expected and hoped for. The place is rough and Pat and Vicky are two of the most incredible people you could meet along the trail. And Pat is one hell of a cook. Don't even bother asking, just go with the special, you won't be disappointed.

BTW my Doyel midnight wake up call (apparently most guests have one) was the siren going off at the Duncannon Fire Department about 100 yards from my open window. i jumped out of bed and ran in a little circle for a few seconds till I figured out what was going on.