PDA

View Full Version : December Hike

Duff
09-29-2013, 17:54
Lookin' for a recommendation for a December long hike. I'm thinking of the Quachita Trail in Oklahoma/Arkansas. I'd like to complete a trail rather than a partial section. Any thoughts?

RED-DOG
09-29-2013, 18:05
How about the Mountains to Sea trail, it goes from Clingmans Dome in the GSMNP to Jockey's Ridge on the coast of NC, i have hiked it a couple of times and it takes around 6 weeks or the Palmetto trail in SC, or the Pinhotti trail in AL, Their is all kinds of great hiking trails through out the U.S you should not have any problems finding one.

da fungo
09-29-2013, 19:09
Isn't the Mountns to Sea Trail about 1, 000 miles long? And without a final, formal path for goodly sections in the Piedment and Tidewater regions? Just asking.

Rasty
09-29-2013, 20:58
Isn't the Mountns to Sea Trail about 1, 000 miles long? And without a final, formal path for goodly sections in the Piedment and Tidewater regions? Just asking.

Most use bicycles on portions of the "trail" and walk the rest.

aficion
09-29-2013, 21:13
Lookin' for a recommendation for a December long hike. I'm thinking of the Quachita Trail in Oklahoma/Arkansas. I'd like to complete a trail rather than a partial section. Any thoughts?

Pinhotl. Be colder in Arkansas. Well diggers and all.