PDA

View Full Version : High End Accommodations / B&B Northern Half of PA

Red Foot
10-01-2013, 15:54
I'm bringing the wife along for a stretch in the northern half of PA - from about Palmerton to the NJ border.

I want to break the hike up with a stay somewhere really nice - but ideally within about a kilometer of the AT. Looking for B&B's or nicer hotels (this is part of the trade off for her to come along).

Appreciate any and all input - thanks!

Red Foot

kofritz
10-01-2013, 16:08
may not be as close as you desire, but there is a resort type facility in Bushkill PA, on PA 209 west of Stroudsburg that was great. 2-3 BR condos with golf course and eating places on site. it was very nice. all amenities seemed to be available. i was able to access the AT all the way to Pemberton with a max 1 hour drive, thereabouts. there was road construction at that time on 209 which was not onerous but may be complete now. hope this helps.

Red Foot
10-02-2013, 12:36
may not be as close as you desire, but there is a resort type facility in Bushkill PA, on PA 209 west of Stroudsburg that was great. 2-3 BR condos with golf course and eating places on site. it was very nice. all amenities seemed to be available. i was able to access the AT all the way to Pemberton with a max 1 hour drive, thereabouts. there was road construction at that time on 209 which was not onerous but may be complete now. hope this helps.

Kofritz - Many thanks for the input - can you clarify how far off the trail this is (best guess). Is it easy walking distance? My plan is to be on-trail as much as possible but to also enjoy some of the comforts of home...