PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all!

Popnfrsh24
10-02-2013, 11:14
Dear Whiteblaze members,

Thanks so much for all of your help! Back in February, I was a dude who had zero backpacking/hiking experience. On September 25, I became an AT THRU HIKER!! I couldn't have done it without whiteblaze being such a great resource to learn all about packpacking. I also love (for the most part) that people are very willing to answer any question I have. I hope this gives some the confidence on here to some people to start planning their own A.T thru hike....it was the most amazing 5 and a half months of my life!

Thanks!

Joey "Lighthouse" M

P.S. I kept a blog for my trip. You can check it out here if you would like! http://www.joemoeat.blogspot.com

hikerboy57
10-02-2013, 11:15
Dear Whiteblaze members,

Thanks so much for all of your help! Back in February, I was a dude who had zero backpacking/hiking experience. On September 25, I became an AT THRU HIKER!! I couldn't have done it without whiteblaze being such a great resource to learn all about packpacking. I also love (for the most part) that people are very willing to answer any question I have. I hope this gives some the confidence on here to some people to start planning their own A.T thru hike....it was the most amazing 5 and a half months of my life!

Thanks!

Joey "Lighthouse" M

P.S. I kept a blog for my trip. You can check it out here if you would like! http://www.joemoeat.blogspot.com
congratulations!!!
now what?

HikerMom58
10-02-2013, 11:31
Dear Whiteblaze members,

Thanks!

Joey "Lighthouse" M

Thanks for coming back on here, Lighthouse!! Ur summit pic is AWESOME!! I took a quick look at ur pics on your blog... you took some really good ones. :)

So glad you had a great resource to make this thru-hike happen for you.. The members on here, that are truly helpful to answer questions, are AMAZING!! They do deserve a BIG THANK YOU!! SWEET!

I watched you low point vid. Awww... so sad. :( But you pushed through it all... good for you. I bet those scraps really hurt *ouch* . My favorite part of the vid was at the end when you just wanted ur mommy. Awww!! :D I'm twice ur age & sometimes I still just want my mommy 2. :p

Good luck with the next chapter in ur life & CONGRATS on your awesome accomplishment!!

q-tip
10-02-2013, 11:38
I am humbled--wonderful acheivement!!!!!!!!

CarlZ993
10-02-2013, 11:51
Great job!

I was surprised how many people who start (& often complete) the AT without any prior backpacking experience. That shows great determination on their (& your) part. Congrats again.

slbirdnerd
10-02-2013, 12:00
Congratulations!

slbirdnerd
10-02-2013, 12:08
'Kay, checked your blog and your pics are FANTASTICAL, love your captions. Looks like you had an amazing journey!

jeffmeh
10-02-2013, 12:13
Great pics in the Whites! Congrats again.

Mags
10-02-2013, 12:20
Good job! Savor it all. :)

marshbirder
10-02-2013, 13:07
Congratulations!

capehiker
10-02-2013, 13:15
Congratulations! I hope I'll be saying the same thing next year.

Popnfrsh24
10-03-2013, 01:50
Thanks guys! Keep an eye on the blog...I should have a new blog post real soon that includes my summit of katahdin!!!

TrippLite
10-03-2013, 02:00
Congradulations ... I salute you
Great job on your journal...
Journals with lots of pics speaks volumes, tend to be the best
Thanks for sharing

Sailing_Faith
10-03-2013, 02:07
Congratulations!

Tri-Pod Bob
10-03-2013, 06:34
Congrats....continue to rock on!!!

oceaneire
10-03-2013, 10:05
Oh, what a great journal! I read the Maine portion - can't wait to read the rest! Congratulations on your hike - awesome job!!!

Rocket Jones
10-03-2013, 17:49
Congrats, Lighthouse.

Popnfrsh24
10-08-2013, 14:31
I just finished up my blog post with the finale of my thru hike! You guys can check it out here!

http://joemoeat.blogspot.com/2013/10/welp-i-did-it.html

flemdawg1
10-08-2013, 16:32
I see the guitar survived. How did you end up carrying it?