PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Va to Beagle Gap SNP - Water Report

Studlintsean
10-03-2013, 12:28
Does anybody have a water report for the section between Buena Vista and Beagle Gap in SNP (assuming the budget crisis is resolved. If not, I will start at Rockfish Gap)? Im planning on hiking this section next week and we havent had a whole lot of rain lately. I know their are a few WB members in this area right now/last week or two who I am hoping can chime in.

Thanks in advance.

Deer Hunter
10-03-2013, 15:28
Wish I could help. My recent hikes have been up further in Shenandoah.

scudder
10-03-2013, 17:11
The source at CowCamp Shelter was trickling along 2 weeks ago. That's the closest to a real time report I can do. The spring in the field at Hog Camp Gap, Lovingston Spring near Seeley- Woodworth, and the spring at the last crossing of the Blue ridge Parkway before reaching Humpback Mt going north are usually pretty reliable. Keep an eye on tropical storm Karen. Water situation could be in for a major recharge next week.

Studlintsean
10-03-2013, 17:28
Thanks for the updates. DH ill touch base early next week about the shuttle.

Deer Hunter
10-03-2013, 19:56
Thanks for the updates. DH ill touch base early next week about the shuttle.

Ok. So far so good on my end.

twilight
10-03-2013, 22:28
I did some the southern trail in SNP a week ago, from South River Picnic area to Rockfish Gap. I stayed at all four shelters in that 50 mile stretch, Hightop, Pinefield, Blackrock, Calf Mtn., all had water. Water was also found along the trail in Jamans Gap and Ivy Creek. Now, I hope for you the government makes nice nice!!!