PDA

View Full Version : Please Recommend me an overnighter in SE TN

MrMiner2
10-03-2013, 20:18
I am wanting to meet up with my friend who lives in GA to do an overnight trip. He is bringing two people who are in shape, but haven't backpacked before. The only thing I've done in Cherokee is the Hangover. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks.

Lone Wolf
10-03-2013, 20:34
Carver gap NOBO to Hwy. 19E

nastynate
10-03-2013, 21:17
If you venture out of Cherokee, the Cumberland trail in Prentice Cooper has some spectacular views. Easy 2 day trip.

Rain Man
10-04-2013, 09:46
If you venture out of Cherokee, the Cumberland trail in Prentice Cooper has some spectacular views. Easy 2 day trip.

Gotta agree with that! And, it's an easy hike for newbies. If you want a little more rugged (not much more, though), hike from Signal Mountain to Prentice Cooper WMA on the CT.

If you want actual ruggedness and remote, go to Citico Wilderness.

These trails are in SE Tennessee.

Rain:sunMan

Gray Blazer
10-04-2013, 09:52
AT Nantahalas. Wayah Bald to NOC or Wayah Gap to Tellico Gap.

Gambit McCrae
10-04-2013, 10:06
Citico is quite strenuous, so is Nantahala, I agree with carvers gap to 19E nobo. or the maxpatch rub nobo as well. IF they are in GA you might want to check out the last 15 or so miles of GA from woody to neels gap

dmax
10-04-2013, 10:11
Only one night? Lots of loop hikes at Standing Indian but are usually done in two nights. Max patch to Hot Springs. Carvers Gapto 19e. Sams Gap to Erwin. .... How many miles are you wanting to do?

wookinpanub
10-04-2013, 10:42
Tellico, up the Bald River Trail. You can start at Holly Flats and hike up to some nice meadows.

Tennessee Viking
10-04-2013, 10:56
TN/GA area:
In South East Tennessee area, there are the Froggs or Cohutta. Jacks River. Southern sections of the Cumberland Trail. Maybe the BMT just outside of McKaysville GA/Coppertown TN and hike to Thunder Rock Rec area in TN.

TN/NC area: Bald River/Citco areas. BMT sections.

Gray Blazer
10-04-2013, 12:12
Citico is quite strenuous, so is Nantahala, I agree with carvers gap to 19E nobo. or the maxpatch rub nobo as well. IF they are in GA you might want to check out the last 15 or so miles of GA from woody to neels gap

Not trying to flame you, but the hike up Blood from Neel Gap is more strenuous than anywhere in the Nannies. (unless you are headed south from NOC.)