PDA

View Full Version : AT hiker this year - Yappy

Blister
08-15-2005, 16:12
Would like to know if anyone has run into a hiker by the name of Yappy this year. I believe she is hiking with a dog (a lab I think). I spent quite a few trail miles with her and her partner Yippy on the PCT in 96. Would like to know her whereabouts.

Grampie
08-15-2005, 16:23
There was a female hiker, from Alaska, who stayed at Upper Goose Pond around July12. Check trailjournals.com. She has a journal.

Blister
08-15-2005, 16:38
Thanks for the link, as I just found out from her journal that she has left the trail do to her mothers medical condition. Very sad news.

Sly
08-15-2005, 19:47
Thanks for the link, as I just found out from her journal that she has left the trail do to her mothers medical condition. Very sad news.

Yeah it does, it sounded like she was having a great time.

I really liked how her journal read. She's a great girl and was a mentor of sorts when I first started long distance hiking. Thankfully, I got out to visit her a couple times when she was in Franklin and Hot Springs.

Red Hat
09-14-2005, 13:00
Yappy is great fun. I hiked with her and Dead Animal this year. Well actually, I met them from time to time when they took a day or more off. They hiked really fast! Anyway, her journal is a great read. Dead Animal is nearing the end now in Maine. Red Hat

MacGyver2005
09-14-2005, 15:01
I hiked with her and Dead Animal quite a bit through this year. Yappy had to pull off as her mother's health deteriorated. Dead Animal should be finished by now, as my father and I last saw him in the Whites, and we finished the 31st. Red Hat, it is good to see you on here! I hope you are doing well and got to enjoy the sections you did.

Regards,
-MacGyver
GA-->ME