PDA

View Full Version : Turkey And All The Fixings

Mother Natures Son
10-11-2013, 19:22
The dehydrator is busting at its seams with something that might be new to a lot of you--dehydrating turkey and stuffing (Okay, I know it's not Thanksgiving, but it's yummy anyway.) Make your stuffing as you normally would and spread it out on the trays sort of like if you were making fruit leather. The turkey, of course, bake as you normally would, and then dehydrate it as well. Once dry, rehydrate and you'll have a lip-smacking meal on or off the trail. Has anyone ever tried this type of meal?

QHShowoman
10-11-2013, 19:47
I guess if you have the time for that sort of thing. I take a shorter route...

1 cup dry stove top stuffing
1 pouch or can of chicken
Handful of dried cranberries
Handful of freeze dried mixed vegetables

1/2 packet of chicken gravy mix (in a separate bag)

Rehydrate the stuffing & dried veggies together

Mix up gravy in a separate pouch

Once stuffing mix is rehydrated, add chicken and cranberries. Pour gravy on top.

Tuckahoe
10-11-2013, 19:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-XQzLfs_jk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Malto
10-11-2013, 21:05
I guess if you have the time for that sort of thing. I take a shorter route...

1 cup dry stove top stuffing
1 pouch or can of chicken
Handful of dried cranberries
Handful of freeze dried mixed vegetables

1/2 packet of chicken gravy mix (in a separate bag)

Rehydrate the stuffing & dried veggies together

Mix up gravy in a separate pouch

Once stuffing mix is rehydrated, add chicken and cranberries. Pour gravy on top.

hey wait, that recipe is my idea!! I used freeze dried chicken instead of pouches. Can still remember sitting on a log eating that dinner on the descent a couple miles south of the Fontana Hilton.

QHShowoman
10-11-2013, 21:41
hey wait, that recipe is my idea!! I used freeze dried chicken instead of pouches. Can still remember sitting on a log eating that dinner on the descent a couple miles south of the Fontana Hilton.

I think I originally got the idea from Freezer Bag Cooking ...

Rocket Jones
10-11-2013, 22:01
Wherever it came from, thanks. It's one of my favorite trail meals.

tiptoe
10-12-2013, 11:44
Thank you, Mother Natures Son. I always cook up a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, and there are always lots of leftovers. I never thought to dehydrate anything, but I will this year.