PDA

View Full Version : Wallace Gap

Rowdy Yates
10-12-2013, 09:06
Several years back there was a campground located West of Wallace Gap on Old US64. Is it still there? I stayed in the Hostel there on a couple of occassions but cannot remember the name of the campgrounds. Can anyone help? :o

SouthMark
10-12-2013, 09:27
That was Rainbow Springs Campground. I stayed there myself a couple of times. Unless someone has purchased it and reopened it, it has been closed for several years now.

Kerosene
10-12-2013, 10:09
I haven't heard that it has reopened. There were a few threads about it's closure, and WhiteBlaze would be one of the first places to know if someone had opened a new place. A hostel opened up down US-64 several years ago, but I don't recall the name.

Rowdy Yates
10-13-2013, 08:58
Thank you SouthMark and Kerosene. You answered my questions. It has been a number of years since I was in that area but I found it to be a very pleasant place when it was open. Thanks again.

Train Wreck
10-13-2013, 12:17
It's definitely closed. It now belongs to some private developer and is no longer a campground.

daddytwosticks
10-13-2013, 13:32
It's definitely closed. It now belongs to some private developer and is no longer a campground. True. Gated, closed, locked up tighter than Ft. Knox. Went by there two weeks ago. :)