View Full Version : Computer Frequency?

Cheesewhiz
08-17-2005, 17:27
I recently purchased a 5 megapixel camera that only weighs only 4 oz. with docking station. But, It can only be charged through the USB port on a computer. Im just wondering if it is a nusence to find computers on the trail to recharge. If it is hard and unfrequent I have 30 days to return the camera. I purchased the camera without knowing this was the only method of charging.

Ratbert
08-17-2005, 18:03
You can find USB AC adapters for travelers, so I'd go that route. Much better chance of finding an electrical outlet than a PC. Here's an example of one that I Googled up quick.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/usbtoacadch.html

trippclark
08-17-2005, 18:04
HMM, I have never heard of such and I am by no means a wiz at homemade electronics, but a USB port is 5V. It would seem that it would be a pretty simple project to take a female USB port and wire it to a 5V AC adapter to create your own charger. It may be more complex than that though. Perhaps others will know.

What is the camera make and model?

Cheesewhiz
08-17-2005, 18:25
Thank you very much. I already ordered it. it was $30 at the local radio shack. It was only 6 on the site you linked me to.

dream
08-17-2005, 18:44
I'd just plug it in to my Ipod outlet and see if it blew. If it did just return it. which camera is it . I already have one but it would be awesome to charge both my Ipod and digital camera from the same plug . I am thinking of getting your camera myself and trying it out