PDA

View Full Version : Cheap packable down jacket at Walmart

chall
10-18-2013, 13:26
Not sure if every Walmart carries the same items, but I found this: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/hawke-and-co-outfitter-jacket-lightweight-packable-down-jacket?ID=706913 re-branded as Royal Falcon for $45ish in Exton, PA. It said 90% duck down, and 10% feather on the inside tag. Packs into its own pocket. Super light. I'm going to pick this up for an overnight trip I'm doing this weekend, so I'll gladly be the guinea pig if no one else has tried it out already :cool:. It seems like this could be a good Walmart score.

Dogwood
10-18-2013, 13:46
If it works for you fine but IMO Wally World is a large enough bully of a company. I wouldn't buy it from them. I'll support Outdoor Companies and UL Cottage Manufacturers with my money by buying higher quality gear and with INFINITELY BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE! I've seen Wally World over and over again put smaller more specialized companies with higher quality merchandise and personal infinitely higher quality customer service out of biz because Wally World may save customers a bit of money on the front end of a purchase. I tread lightly when considering making purchases at Wally World. I don't particularly appreciate the way Wally World treats its employees either whether employees understand they are being taken to the cleaners or not.

chall
10-18-2013, 14:25
If it works for you fine but IMO Wally World is a large enough bully of a company. I wouldn't buy it from them. I'll support Outdoor Companies and UL Cottage Manufacturers with my money by buying higher quality gear and with INFINITELY BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE! I've seen Wally World over and over again put smaller more specialized companies with higher quality merchandise and personal infinitely higher quality customer service out of biz because Wally World may save customers a bit of money on the front end of a purchase. I tread lightly when considering making purchases at Wally World. I don't particularly appreciate the way Wally World treats its employees either whether employees understand they are being taken to the cleaners or not.

While I agree with you on many of your points, I like finding bargains on gear. I rarely shop at Walmart for many of the reasons you stated, but every once in a while, I see something like that and I can justify buying it. I don't necessarily have the spare money to always support high-end UL Cottage Manufacturers, even though I love doing so. Also, because I'm leaving tonight, time is of the essence. This is a quick weekend fix, and if it turns out that this jacket does what it's intended to do...awesome! If not, it was worth the small cost. Then, I know to save for a more legit piece of gear. I'm OK with experimenting with these kinds of things, and am able to not let my personal feelings about a company interfere with said experimentations.

Dogwood
10-18-2013, 14:31
Have fun out there and watch out for all the Wally World semis at road crossings.:D

Last Call
10-18-2013, 16:51
When I "clink" on the link it comes up Macy's, not Wal-Mart......maybe I'm doing it all wrong?

johnnybgood
10-18-2013, 17:07
While I agree with you on many of your points, I like finding bargains on gear. I rarely shop at Walmart for many of the reasons you stated, but every once in a while, I see something like that and I can justify buying it. I don't necessarily have the spare money to always support high-end UL Cottage Manufacturers, even though I love doing so. Also, because I'm leaving tonight, time is of the essence. This is a quick weekend fix, and if it turns out that this jacket does what it's intended to do...awesome! If not, it was worth the small cost. Then, I know to save for a more legit piece of gear. I'm OK with experimenting with these kinds of things, and am able to not let my personal feelings about a company interfere with said experimentations.

Nicely done. I echo your sentiments and will shop there for bargains , putting aside any political dissonance that exist.

Dogwood
10-18-2013, 17:41
While the two of you have been putting me in my place hooping it up for Wally World have you looked at the very reasonably priced Kirkland *800 level down jackets at Costco? I've seen them for about $50. I think the same down vests were $40. How about JC Penney or LL Bean, dare I say, possibly higher quality very reasonably priced down jackets. And, how about the reasonably priced outdoor brand name higher quality down jacket close outs or discontinues from Sierra Trading Post? C'mon folks, Wally World is DEFINITELY NOT the only place for great prices. You can also go elsewhere and usually you'll get better service AND HIGHER QUALITY MERCHANDISE. Some of these other companies provide free delivery too.

Dogwood
10-18-2013, 17:44
BTW Chall I strongly doubt much of anything you'll find in Macys clothing departments will also be found at Wally Worlds.

johnnybgood
10-18-2013, 18:16
I have not been ballyhooing Wallyworld at all, reread my post. I look for bargains regardless where they are AND agree that Costco is a great place to find real gem of a deal.

Rocket Jones
10-18-2013, 19:16
The worst is when the Wally World goon squads force you at gunpoint to shop there. Oh wait, they don't. They just offer fair-to-middling quality at very good prices because of the economies of scale.

quasarr
10-19-2013, 05:00
Will you weigh it for us, please!! I would like to know more about this jacket! :)

Dogwood
10-19-2013, 10:27
What I'm mainly saying is to keep your purchase options open folks when it comes to less expensive usable for the hiking down jackets. For what it's worth I think way too many people buy something at Wally World without considering the potential negative problems your helping contribute to and what you MAY find personally with your purchases there. I know this can be debated though. I know that may seem like another story yet not one we should be totally oblivious of as customers.

If you shop around a bit with just an internet search you'll find down apparel/gear has exploded in popularity with MANY inexpensive down jacket and vest options being offered at very competitive prices in many places, including places that might not immediately come to mind just as Wally World has but perhaps BETTER in several ways. AND, with the increase in this popularity I'm noticing a trickle down effect in more down jackets and vests that can be had at bargain basement prices at stores like GOODWILL, some of these pieces being of BETTER quality than what can be had at Wally World AT LESS EXPENSIVE PRICES. In this regard, Wally World down jackets may be viewed as BEING EXPENSIVE!

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=69741

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=45593

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=72780

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=19338

Feral Bill
10-19-2013, 11:14
I can't see buying down clothing of dubious quality. Better to pay for something really good, which you won't find at Walmart.

WILLIAM HAYES
10-19-2013, 17:09
I love Mall Wart where else can you buy cheap plastic crap and get to see all forms of humanity Its a great side show

lush242000
10-19-2013, 20:28
I can't see buying down clothing of dubious quality. Better to pay for something really good, which you won't find at Walmart.

What makes you think that it's dubious quality? Most gear durability is related to it use as opposed to its manufacturing.

Just because you spent a couple of hundred dollars on the same thing you could have got for a quarter of the price doesn't make it better.

Sent from somewhere.

aficion
10-19-2013, 20:56
You guys who won't shop at Wally World please let me know when you have saved the planet. In the mean time I'll be out there enjoying both.

Feral Bill
10-19-2013, 21:40
What makes you think that it's dubious quality? Most gear durability is related to it use as opposed to its manufacturing.

Just because you spent a couple of hundred dollars on the same thing you could have got for a quarter of the price doesn't make it better.

Sent from somewhere.

Down is a special case. 90% duck down =81% duck down, 19% feathers and whatever (an oddity of labeling rules) No stated loft suggests it is not good stuff. Moderate priced down is 650 fill, more or less and a decent value. LL Bean, Campmor and others have nice clothing with that or better, at fair prices.
As for the highest priced gear, I agree with you. Not worth it to me.

HikerMom58
10-19-2013, 21:49
I checked out our Wally World, there's no down packable jacket to be found.

chall
10-21-2013, 08:39
When I "clink" on the link it comes up Macy's, not Wal-Mart......maybe I'm doing it all wrong?

I mentioned in my first comment that I believe it was re-branded from the one that shows up on the Macy's page. I couldn't find anything about the brand name, Royal Falcon, so I did some research on the internet and found that the "parent company" is Hawke & Co. which makes the one that the link shows.

While the two of you have been putting me in my place hooping it up for Wally World have you looked at the very reasonably priced Kirkland *800 level down jackets at Costco? I've seen them for about $50. I think the same down vests were $40. How about JC Penney or LL Bean, dare I say, possibly higher quality very reasonably priced down jackets. And, how about the reasonably priced outdoor brand name higher quality down jacket close outs or discontinues from Sierra Trading Post? C'mon folks, Wally World is DEFINITELY NOT the only place for great prices. You can also go elsewhere and usually you'll get better service AND HIGHER QUALITY MERCHANDISE. Some of these other companies provide free delivery too.

I've read about that Kirkland down jacket on BPL awhile back. I don't have a Costco membership, but if I did, I would have been all over that. I know there's other cheap alternatives out there, but like I said before, it was a quick weekend fix/impulse buy, which I know many of us do! Not trying to put anyone in their place; just expressing my rational on the subject.

Will you weigh it for us, please!! I would like to know more about this jacket! :)

I don't have a scale, but it's definitely under 16oz.

I checked out our Wally World, there's no down packable jacket to be found.

Yeah I guess each store carries different things. When I found this jacket, it was one of about six, and somewhat tucked away.

As far as the performance of the jacket... I was out on the Chuck Keiper Trail this weekend and it dropped down to the high 30's during the late night/early morning. This was only an overnight trip, so I wanted to test the bottom limits of my 45* Mountain Hardware bag. Let me say that it did not hold up (I was also using a tarp/bivy combo for the first time, and probably could have pitched the A-frame a little lower to the ground to help block the drafts)! I was using the jacket as a pillow, but when I got too cold, I opened it up and draped it over my chest under my bag. It helped a good deal...can't say the same for my feet. Once I was out of my bivy and making breakfast, I actually wore it. I would say that it kept me warmish, but I also was only wearing thin hiking pants as I was too lazy to put my base layer pants on. I think that if I was better layered on the rest of my body, I would have been toasty. I think the purchase was mostly worth it.

For those of you that have comparable (or higher quality) lightweight packable down jackets - what's the coldest temperature you experienced wearing one and you still felt warm?

HikerMom58
10-21-2013, 10:33
I mentioned in my first comment that I believe it was re-branded from the one that shows up on the Macy's page. I couldn't find anything about the brand name, Royal Falcon, so I did some research on the internet and found that the "parent company" is Hawke & Co. which makes the one that the link shows.

I've read about that Kirkland down jacket on BPL awhile back. I don't have a Costco membership, but if I did, I would have been all over that. I know there's other cheap alternatives out there, but like I said before, it was a quick weekend fix/impulse buy, which I know many of us do! Not trying to put anyone in their place; just expressing my rational on the subject.

I don't have a scale, but it's definitely under 16oz.

Yeah I guess each store carries different things. When I found this jacket, it was one of about six, and somewhat tucked away.

As far as the performance of the jacket... I was out on the Chuck Keiper Trail this weekend and it dropped down to the high 30's during the late night/early morning. This was only an overnight trip, so I wanted to test the bottom limits of my 45* Mountain Hardware bag. Let me say that it did not hold up (I was also using a tarp/bivy combo for the first time, and probably could have pitched the A-frame a little lower to the ground to help block the drafts)! I was using the jacket as a pillow, but when I got too cold, I opened it up and draped it over my chest under my bag. It helped a good deal...can't say the same for my feet. Once I was out of my bivy and making breakfast, I actually wore it. I would say that it kept me warmish, but I also was only wearing thin hiking pants as I was too lazy to put my base layer pants on. I think that if I was better layered on the rest of my body, I would have been toasty. I think the purchase was mostly worth it.

For those of you that have comparable (or higher quality) lightweight packable down jackets - what's the coldest temperature you experienced wearing one and you still felt warm?

I own a "name brand" packable down jacket but I've not hiked in really cool temps. I'm glad you were able to use your jacket on ur last hike... good for you!! NICE FIND! I hope someone can help you out with the comparison it would be interesting to know if you can tell a difference.

rich5665
11-06-2013, 10:57
I have the Royal Falcon Jacket and found it to be just fine for my purposes, it keeps warm after I stop hiking for lunch or at the end of the day. I've gone out and spent a couple hundred dollars on so called high end quality jackets just to have the stitching start coming apart in a few days. If you start checking the labels you'll begin to see a lot of the high priced labels are coming out of China. Clothing has a 3000% mark up when it hits the retail market so don't believe that a high price equates to a quality product.

As far as temp rating the jacket, I think 35 degrees is it's lowest limit without adding a mid-layer I think 50 to 55 degrees would be it's upper limit before you start overheating. I have yet to figure out how to pack the jacket into it's own pocket without at least one zipper being exposed, so I'll just stuff it into a small cuben stuff sack.

chall
11-06-2013, 13:15
I have the Royal Falcon Jacket and found it to be just fine for my purposes, it keeps warm after I stop hiking for lunch or at the end of the day. I've gone out and spent a couple hundred dollars on so called high end quality jackets just to have the stitching start coming apart in a few days. If you start checking the labels you'll begin to see a lot of the high priced labels are coming out of China. Clothing has a 3000% mark up when it hits the retail market so don't believe that a high price equates to a quality product.

As far as temp rating the jacket, I think 35 degrees is it's lowest limit without adding a mid-layer I think 50 to 55 degrees would be it's upper limit before you start overheating. I have yet to figure out how to pack the jacket into it's own pocket without at least one zipper being exposed, so I'll just stuff it into a small cuben stuff sack.

Awesome. Thanks for your review. I actually was able to wear it more on a day-hike to the Pinnacle on the AT. It was high 40s - low 50s by the time we got to the Pinnacle and I threw the jacket on while we stopped for lunch along the edge of the overlook. I couldn't believe how well this jacket stopped the wind from getting through. I was warm and impressed. I'd say it turned out to be a great find.

Train Wreck
11-06-2013, 13:29

I looked at the Montbell website yesterday and saw some jackets that were made in China.

rich5665
11-06-2013, 16:33
The jacket stuffs into the left pocket, inside out. I had a chance to take a closer look at it today. Makes a nice pillow for us hammock campers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TheYoungOne
11-11-2013, 17:10
I had a thread last year about a $40 Old Navy Down Patagonia knockoff. I still have it, and yea its warm, but it does leak feathers. The shell material also barely repels water, but some waterproofing spray fixed that. Are these cheap jackets better than expensive ones made by outdoor companies, heck no. However if money is tight, you can find something that is somewhat similar for a lot less money. Honestly people put down Walmart, but some of their camping/outdoor stuff and athletic clothing is serviceable to pretty good. I actually prefer the Starter brand Poly shirts over the Champion ones they sell in Target. I also like Walmart Starter poly boxer briefs for hiking over my Exofficio boxer briefs. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?89835-Old-Navy-Down-quot-lightweight-frost-free-quot-jacket-on-sale-for-42&highlight=

cjlusmc
11-11-2013, 19:45
Picked up the "hawk&co" version at tjmax a few weeks ago for $50. Decent jacket for what it is. Men's medium weighs 9.0 oz even on my scale. And yes...it's made it china.

Likeapuma
11-11-2013, 20:09
I believe I saw the same brand of down jackets at BJ's Wholesale a few weeks ago. $50 or so?

They also had a few really nice Mountain Hardwear down jackets that I was drooling over... Still under $100 I think? If only I had some extra cash to use!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

cjlusmc
11-11-2013, 21:01
I believe I saw the same brand of down jackets at BJ's Wholesale a few weeks ago. $50 or so? They also had a few really nice Mountain Hardwear down jackets that I was drooling over... Still under $100 I think? If only I had some extra cash to use! Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I've been on an ultralight transition for the last 6 months and use my iPhone 5 all the time on short trips for pictures. I WOULD NOT use it for thru hike because I personally wouldn't sacrifice those pictures to save some 6 ounces. IMO a phone can't can't replace the quality pictures a point and shoot can take. YMMV.

William36
11-12-2013, 07:58
I have been eyeing that jacket. Shows up at tj maxx.

Tj maxx also has the Columbia parka with omni heat liner for $69.

That is a steal.

Sailing_Faith
11-12-2013, 08:09
I have been eyeing that jacket. Shows up at tj maxx.

Tj maxx also has the Columbia parka with omni heat liner for $69.

That is a steal.
I have the vest with the omni liner, it is a great vest. Yes, that is a great deal.

Jeeper
11-13-2013, 11:33
I have this jacket as well and find it very warm and comfortable. It does block the wind quite well. Packs into the pocket for storing it in the pack and is a nice pillow if needed.

Ercoupe
11-25-2013, 07:51
I saw the Jacket at our local Wal-mart. appears to be similar to my Patagonia, fabric is somewhat heavier. Nothing in my size. How packable is it? My patagonia will go to a 6 in ball. Even smaller now that my wife decided to wash it, without telling me.

MDSection12
11-25-2013, 12:15
I got a down jacket at JC Penny's last year for $12. It's 650 fill, and packs down smaller than a softball... I've worn it with just a t-shirt right around freezing and been comfortable. Dollars for donuts, that may be my favorite piece of gear... It's always in my bag in winter, and I know that I can go from a bit chilly to toasty warm by pulling it out. :)

chall
11-25-2013, 12:38
I saw the Jacket at our local Wal-mart. appears to be similar to my Patagonia, fabric is somewhat heavier. Nothing in my size. How packable is it? My patagonia will go to a 6 in ball. Even smaller now that my wife decided to wash it, without telling me.

It doesn't pack down as much as the Patagonia, it seems. It packs into its own pocket and is probably the size of a Nalgene.

psyculman
11-29-2013, 07:02
Found the down jacket at WM, after some searching. I had to look through everything, and there they were! $30. Plan to use it as a liner. It is sized very well, the med. fits great where as I would normally wear a large. Very warm for the price. I like it! Zip pockets too. Great find.

Son Driven
11-29-2013, 12:08
Not sure if every Walmart carries the same items, but I found this: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/hawke-and-co-outfitter-jacket-lightweight-packable-down-jacket?ID=706913 re-branded as Royal Falcon for $45ish in Exton, PA. It said 90% duck down, and 10% feather on the inside tag. Packs into its own pocket. Super light. I'm going to pick this up for an overnight trip I'm doing this weekend, so I'll gladly be the guinea pig if no one else has tried it out already :cool:. It seems like this could be a good Walmart score.BLACK FRIDAY DEAL! Just bought 3 jackets, one for myself & the other two for Friends. $29.97 for men's medium, and 34.97 for an 2xl. For u Walmart haters, u make take solace in knowing Walmart can't be making much of a profit on this item.

SunnyWalker
12-17-2013, 20:20
12/16/13 I saw the same jacket at Walmart and it was marked down for $29.99. I bought one and think its great and plan on using this year on CDT. It was put in the inventory by mistake at this Walmart and so they were marked down. The total weight is 12.35 oz. Here is what the labels say: Royal Falcon Outdoor Apparel Functional performance utility & protection through innovated design" and "Ultimate on-the-go warmth. Our ultra light premium duck down packable jacket delivers minimal weight, superb compressibility & high loft warmth. Light enough to go anywhere, it resists tears, & protects against light precipitation. The down packable jacket is great for a range of activities & easily folds into it's own pocket." And, the tags inside say: "Royal Falcon Outdoor Apparel Performance Dynamic Sport Fiber, made in China" It's sure warm and I think it will fit the bill. Not wanting to spend a lot as it is not necessary as I read Mag's info on hiking equipment!!! (heh, heh!)

bert304
12-18-2013, 08:14
I saw the down jacket at Costco last weekend and I could not find if it was 650 or 850. For the price I think it was 42 dollars, it did not look all that bad. I would test it out in the cold first before I took it on a long hike.

daddytwosticks
12-18-2013, 08:18
12/16/13 I saw the same jacket at Walmart and it was marked down for $29.99. I bought one and think its great and plan on using this year on CDT. It was put in the inventory by mistake at this Walmart and so they were marked down. The total weight is 12.35 oz. Here is what the labels say: Royal Falcon Outdoor Apparel Functional performance utility & protection through innovated design" and "Ultimate on-the-go warmth. Our ultra light premium duck down packable jacket delivers minimal weight, superb compressibility & high loft warmth. Light enough to go anywhere, it resists tears, & protects against light precipitation. The down packable jacket is great for a range of activities & easily folds into it's own pocket." And, the tags inside say: "Royal Falcon Outdoor Apparel Performance Dynamic Sport Fiber, made in China" It's sure warm and I think it will fit the bill. Not wanting to spend a lot as it is not necessary as I read Mag's info on hiking equipment!!! (heh, heh!)
For 12.35 oz., what size was that? :)

SunnyWalker
12-18-2013, 10:17
Well, ya, it was 2X. They run a little small and I plan on wearing other stuff under it of course also. A smaller size would be lighter of course.

Dahoyt
12-18-2013, 10:19
I have a JC Penny down jacket, it was like 30 bucks, yes, it leaks feathers, but a piece of tape stopped it, need to water proof it. I will gladly buy something cheaper to save money anyday, its light, and affordable, so be it.

samb.
02-11-2014, 17:52
Picked one up the other day for $21. So far I like it in about 28degrees around town semi active. Was in walmart and they knocked them down to $11 each so I picked up 2 more as extras/spares.

HooKooDooKu
02-13-2014, 03:38
The 1st WalMart I checked didn't have any. Tried another WalMart and found a couple of them (one in my size). But they were not marked at the clearance price. Some didn't have a discount marked at all, and the one in my size was marked $29. But I did a price check on the jacket and it was only $21.

So even though this thread is about 5 months old, there's still a few jackets out there available at the $21 price.

marti038
02-14-2014, 10:39
I bought a couple of these on Tuesday I think it was. I wore one of them with just a t-shirt underneath while playing in the snow with my 2 year old on Thursday morning. I think it was about 30 degrees outside. When I say playing with my 2 year old, I don't mean to imply that we were terribly active but we weren't standing still either.

I was quite warm and have no complaints at all given the price. I know it's not 900 goose down with super loft, yada, yada, yada, but I don't see how I'll ever have any regrets for $21. If you see one you should snag it.

WILLIAM HAYES
02-14-2014, 22:44
bought one for 21 bucks the other day pretty warm jacket but found that when I got it wet in sleeting rain the other day it developed a funky smell washed it in a down wash and got the funk out I have a patagonia down sweater and several other down jackets but for 21 bucks you what the heck

Altarboy
02-23-2014, 11:41
I bought one. The quality seems adequate and it is warm. I haven't used it in really cold weather, but then it's not made for really cold weather.

SunnyWalker
02-23-2014, 23:25
I wrote earlier on this thread or another similar to it about the tags inside the jacket. I got to thinking that it seemed there should be a tag identifying contents and all so I looked and inside there is another tag I missed. Here is what it says and it might be interesting: "Shell 100% polyester, Lining 100%, Polyester, Fill 90% Duck down, 10% Feather." There are further words on care of the garment. Well I for one think it will work for a hike and am kind of happy I got off easily on this one! I am working right now at a local Wal-Mart in the Frozen section at nights to raise my money for my upcoming thru hike. I am planning on taking it and wearing it inside the Walk IN where it is kept about 0 degrees. That ought to be a good test, huh, huh. I have another Down Jacket, heavy one I bought years ago from LL Bean and I wear it in the cooler with a fleece sweater on. It keeps me warm and so I'll try it with this one and report back.

Wise Old Owl
02-24-2014, 08:49
you can do a lot of things in it except hike.

Shonryu
02-27-2014, 09:21
I own several high end down jackets and was at Walmart the other day and remembered reading this thread so I decided to check ot out. Here are my thoughts based on what I saw.

1. Lots of material and very little down.
2. Duck feathers seem to have some kind of funny smell. Maybe Im wrong but I think it relates to the oils in their feathers.
3. Not a lot of lofting
4. No athletic fit so it seems to run a size bigger than im used too.

Outside of that the build quality didnt seem to bad. Ive been thinking about going back amd picking one to use as a beater jacket for yard work and so on. Price was $21.99

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 09:28
You could always buy a cheap jacket and deconstruct it, insert your preferred down, maybe even add some baffles, then sew it back up. Or use a cheap jacket as a template.

I was thinking about doing that. Since I plan to make my own quilt I might as well put the extra down I'll have to good use.

Drybones
02-27-2014, 09:49
I own several high end down jackets and was at Walmart the other day and remembered reading this thread so I decided to check ot out. Here are my thoughts based on what I saw. We may not be looking at the same product but my take on the jacket is different.

1. Lots of material and very little down. Both mine have plenty of down, the amount of material is standard for this type jacket.
2. Duck feathers seem to have some kind of funny smell. Maybe Im wrong but I think it relates to the oils in their feathers. The two jackets I bought have no smell, don't know if that changes when/if they get wet.
3. Not a lot of lofting The loft appears to be similar to a Patagonia, not as much as the Marmot Zeus, but then it weighs 4 oz less.
4. No athletic fit so it seems to run a size bigger than im used too. I'm, 6'1", 180, bought three name brand jackets and returned them before finally setting on the Marmot Zeus, like it a lot, but the Walmart jacket fits as well with one exception, the sleeves are a little longer on the Marmot.

Outside of that the build quality didnt seem to bad. Ive been thinking about going back amd picking one to use as a beater jacket for yard work and so on. Price was $21.99

For anyone on a budget, or just cost conscious, it's a great buy, but it's a mute point now, most if not all store are sold out.

SunnyWalker
02-27-2014, 11:58
Took the jacket to the Zero degree cooler. Wore it as usual with a fleece. Kept me warm while I did moderate work. Standing around was not that much but was warm the entire time. It'll do!