PDA

View Full Version : Week Hikes

TDHanger
10-25-2013, 06:04
Hi guy's I'm planning on doing a week on the trail this spring. What section would one suggest for someone who only has a week? I Live in PA but am thinking about WV north back home. What do you think and if start in WV where should I start?

Thanks

illabelle
10-25-2013, 09:29
Hi guy's I'm planning on doing a week on the trail this spring. What section would one suggest for someone who only has a week? I Live in PA but am thinking about WV north back home. What do you think and if start in WV where should I start?

Thanks

:welcometo WhiteBlaze, TD! There's a lot of AT miles in Pennsylvania. If you're thinking of walking home from WV in a week, you must be pretty near the Maryland line. My husband and I walked Maryland (from Pen-Mar Road to Harpers Ferry) in a week, March or April of last year. Now that I think about it, it must have been March because it got down to 21* one night - brrrr! It was a nice section, relatively easy but not boring, with good shelters. We did it SOBO (southbound) because we're lazy and chose to walk downhill towards the river.

This section goes somewhere near Camp David, so we pretended the feds were after us with surveillance cameras hidden in trees and trained squirrel spies and other silliness... Enjoy your hike, but if you hear a helicopter, hide!

UnfamousK
10-25-2013, 15:05

Thanks

If your set on hiking the AT i would suggest Lehigh gap to Deleware gap.....if you're just trying to spend a week hiking i would highly suggest The Loyalsock trail....its in your area....just under 60 miles but there are some good climbs and great scenery...