PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Good!

illabelle
11-03-2013, 13:46
Hey there, y'all WhiteBlazers! Today is a good day. For starters, it's my wedding anniversary! Ain't that sweet? :D

Second, this morning I weigh less than I have in about 12 years, and the BMI calculator says my weight is in the "normal" range. I've lost 40 pounds in the last year-and-a-half, 10 of those pounds in the last three weeks! :bananaIf that doesn't deserve a dancing banana, I don't know what does! And those last ten pounds came off after getting home from a recent section hike. We did 85 miles in VT in October, and I only lost 2 pounds during the trip, but I must've turned up the metabolism a notch, cuz now they're coming off quick. Woo-hoo!! Only about 15 more to go. :)

Third, I just feel good. I feel strong. I feel energetic. I feel healthy. I feel young!

So next time somebody wants to know why we haul our gear miles through the woods and over the hills in the cold and the rain, here's the answer:

Feeling good feels good!

Tuckahoe
11-03-2013, 13:54
Congrats and good job!!

kayak karl
11-03-2013, 14:06
good for you :sunand happy anniversary.

Teacher & Snacktime
11-03-2013, 17:48
I know what a great feeling that is....both the physical and the anniversarial! Bananas for you!:banana

illabelle
11-03-2013, 17:55
I know what a great feeling that is....both the physical and the anniversarial! Bananas for you!:banana

good for you :sunand happy anniversary.

Congrats and good job!!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!! :)

rocketsocks
11-03-2013, 18:00
good for you Illabelle, and congrats!

atmilkman
11-03-2013, 18:16
Congratulations Illabelle! Not one but 2 dancing bananas for you. :banana:banana

Deer Hunter
11-03-2013, 19:12
That's really great, Ilb. Congrats on both accounts!

HikerMom58
11-03-2013, 19:16
Hey girl... Congrats on everything!!

Deer Hunter and I were just talking about you this afternoon. We were saying how much we liked meeting you and how much we like ur avatar!! I was tellin DH that you are a sweet thang!! So happy for YOU, Ilb today!!

Another Kevin
11-03-2013, 21:21
Happy anniversary!

It's amazing what hiking will do. Just walking (20 minutes or so each way) to work with a 15-20 lb pack, and getting out a weekend or two a month for a peak-bagging trip or backpacking weekend wound up doing the same for me. I, too am down about 40 pounds in a couple of years, without watching what I eat any more than I ever have.

Hiking is fun. I do it for the mental health benefits, but the physical health has been an unexpectedly pleasant side effect.

The conversation with my doctor next visit is going to be interesting. "Do you get regular exercise?" "Does walking 45 minutes a day with a weighted backpack count? Oh, and I climbed N of the Catskill 35 this year, I guess that's exercise. (N is at least 13, but may well be a couple more before I get in to see him.) Hmm, and I guess there were a handful of other backpacking trips in there, too." We'll have to see whether he's the sort of killjoy who will say that it doesn't count if it's fun (or not in a gym, or whatever).
I don't know what a dancing banana means, but here's some sunshine for you. You go, girl! :sun

Train Wreck
11-03-2013, 21:26
Great job! Now post a picture! :)

Gray Blazer
11-03-2013, 22:04
Great job! Now post a picture! :)

That's what I'm talking about.

You go, girl.

illabelle
11-04-2013, 06:44
Now THIS is what's great about WB. I remember a while back somebody posted that they'd had their last cigarette. Within minutes all sorts of encouragement and congratulations came pouring in from every direction. I haven't seen a followup, but that kind of love is beautiful, and strong enough to overcome discouragement and doubt. Whatever emotion we experience, anticipation, fear, grief, or joy, it’s always better when shared with others.

Today’s a different day. It’s Monday [sigh]. But I won’t be stopping by the donut shop today, not with y’all behind me. There are better ways to celebrate.

Traffic Jam
11-04-2013, 09:22
Congratulations! Seeing results is the best motivation for living a healthier life.

nu2hike
11-04-2013, 11:18
Way to go! You have two great accomplishments worthy of celebration!

laner
11-04-2013, 11:54
Amazing job! Keep up that great work! You deserve it!

Pedaling Fool
08-09-2014, 09:43
Hey there, y'all WhiteBlazers! Today is a good day. For starters, it's my wedding anniversary! Ain't that sweet? :D

Second, this morning I weigh less than I have in about 12 years, and the BMI calculator says my weight is in the "normal" range. I've lost 40 pounds in the last year-and-a-half, 10 of those pounds in the last three weeks! :bananaIf that doesn't deserve a dancing banana, I don't know what does! And those last ten pounds came off after getting home from a recent section hike. We did 85 miles in VT in October, and I only lost 2 pounds during the trip, but I must've turned up the metabolism a notch, cuz now they're coming off quick. Woo-hoo!! Only about 15 more to go. :)

Third, I just feel good. I feel strong. I feel energetic. I feel healthy. I feel young!

So next time somebody wants to know why we haul our gear miles through the woods and over the hills in the cold and the rain, here's the answer:

Feeling good feels good!

Did you gain any weight back or is it ALL still off? Were you able to lose that last 15lbs?

Do you still feel strong, energetic, healthy and young?

moytoy
08-09-2014, 09:49
Did you gain any weight back or is it ALL still off? Were you able to lose that last 15lbs?

Do you still feel strong, energetic, healthy and young?
It's haying season in E Tennessee. Can't gain weight during haying season.