PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

justusryans
08-21-2005, 19:12
Hi,
my husband has posted alot of messages on this site, so I thought I'd introduce myself as well, the other-half of justusryans. It's great to have so many resources to help in preparing for such a huge hike as this. We went camping this weekend and planned on staying two nights, but left after only one night, because the temperature was in the 100's. We both agreed that when we're on the Trail, we'll have to just accept whatever comes our way, but for now we still have an incredibly soft comfy bed to return to and I'm going to enjoy these luxuries while I can.
When I was 16 I went on an Outward Bound hiking/rafting trip in Oregon and had an incredible time. Alot has transpired over the 20 yrs. since then - drug abuse, rotten marriage and divorce, chain smoking, mental illness, many hospitalizations... I think I've finally grown up, now that I'm 36 years old! Over the last few years, I've been doing alot of walking and enjoying being healthy. I'm a whole lot happier and much more healthy now. We are both really looking forward to next year's hike - neither of us have hiked any where near close to that many miles, but we've agreed that if either one of us wants to quit, the other one is going to be there to push us on. There is no one on earth who I'd rather share such an incredible experience with.
:jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump :jump

Big Guy
08-21-2005, 20:00
Welcome to WhiteBlaze. Good luck on preparing for your hike.

Lilred
08-21-2005, 20:22
:welcome to the best AT hiking forum on the Web. Best of luck to you on your hike. Keep us informed as to how you're doing.

Big Dawg
08-22-2005, 21:24
Welcome aboard!! :sun

Mountain Hippie
08-23-2005, 00:05
Welcome :welcome

squirrel bait
08-23-2005, 00:17
Howdy, welcome fellow North Carolinian.

peter_pan
08-23-2005, 08:06
Welcome,

If you really like that soft comfortable bed at home.....take a very sereous look at hammocks....

Pan

canoehead
08-23-2005, 08:54
hi the other-half of justusryans
WELCOME:welcome :banana :clap goooooood luck on all that you do. and im sure justusryan won't mind sharing the bug dope:jump ...

safe adventures
canoehead

justusryans
08-23-2005, 19:12
I sure picked a good one! Wants too hike the AT with me AND she loves me!:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap