PDA

View Full Version : old equipment reviews and id's

searust
11-08-2013, 23:40
I am attempting to figure out what the model of my sleeping bag is, but not having much luck. Its only a 10 YO Mountain Hardwear "something"...

Does anyone know of a site that has pictures and or reviews of recent but now discontinued equipment?

aficion
11-08-2013, 23:43
I am attempting to figure out what the model of my sleeping bag is, but not having much luck. Its only a 10 YO Mountain Hardwear "something"...

Does anyone know of a site that has pictures and or reviews of recent but now discontinued equipment?

Call Mountain Hardware and ask. They will know.

Franco
11-09-2013, 03:51
For a start you could go to Google Images and type in "mounatain hardware sleeping bag" and see if yours comes up...

Venchka
11-09-2013, 09:11
Interesting. All of my bags have very precise labels complete with maker, model, type and weight of insulation and a stern Gummermint warning not to remove said label under penalty of death.
I guess a rabid Uberultralighter removed your label to save a gram or 2.
BTW, a 10 year old bag would be the new kid in my gear closet. Enjoy your bag. It has decades of use left in it.
What is it filled with? Down or something else? How much does it weigh? What color is the outer shell? Some makers use one color for each model. Your local REI staff may recognize it and even own the same bag.

Wayne

j2ponies
11-09-2013, 11:25
I hope you find out about your sleeping bag..I'm bad about cutting labels and every thing 'sticking out' off of things. I find myself doing it to my towels and everything at home..When I started 'ultra light' , I got the latest....today my stuff sounds out of the dark ages..I'm glad to know others have old stuff. After all it is supposed to last forever..We'd like to think.
I have a backpack I thought of selling. It has never been used.Just holds my other gear that is in in fleece stuff sacks..in the closet.I can't find any information on it either. It is "Wildline " made in N,H. Does anyone know about this one...Thanks.