PDA

View Full Version : Flights booked!

Cornish_Will
11-09-2013, 15:56
Flights booked!

This is actually going to happen! Will be flying from London to Atlanta on the 17th March, making my way north and starting on the 19th. Crazily excited now!

Looking forward to meeting you all on the trail. Best of luck!

Will.

max patch
11-09-2013, 16:02
Now that you have your date, if you haven't already made arrangements, contact the Hiker Hostel and make a reservation. They are the cheapest option to get from the Atlanta airport to the trail.

Valley Girl
11-09-2013, 17:40
Hope to see you on the trail!

Paul the Brit
11-09-2013, 17:54
If my sons visa arrives in time We will be a little ahead but you will likely catch up at some point.

Autummyst
11-09-2013, 22:02
Flights booked!

This is actually going to happen! Will be flying from London to Atlanta on the 17th March, making my way north and starting on the 19th. Crazily excited now!

Looking forward to meeting you all on the trail. Best of luck!

Will.

Yay!!! Congrats :banana

Cornish_Will
11-10-2013, 06:13
Now that you have your date, if you haven't already made arrangements, contact the Hiker Hostel and make a reservation. They are the cheapest option to get from the Atlanta airport to the trail.

Awesome! Thanks for that, that is now my job for today!

Cornish_Will
11-10-2013, 06:14
If my sons visa arrives in time We will be a little ahead but you will likely catch up at some point.

Excellent! Look forward to seeing you out there.

NigeB
11-10-2013, 16:44
Good to hear...hope the prep is going well....catch us on the trail and Dinner is on us .. : )

Christine and Nigel
Www.facebook.com/timeoutadventures.co.uk

norts
11-11-2013, 05:57
It's a great feeling when you book those flights, I got my a couple of weeks ago. It seems that it really going to happen after you book the flights .
I fly into Atlanta from Tasmania on the 18 Mar. Start walking on the 20 Mar. Booked in to the Hikers Hostel for the night of 19 Mar.

Norts

Opa
11-11-2013, 09:44
Love the fact you guys are traveling so far do this it. One step closer for you. Has anyone thought about steps? Did a quick calculation and we will be taking over 5 million steps next summer.

GoodGerman
11-11-2013, 10:16
Booking was great indeed. The trail became quite real :)

Almost too real for my family. It was pretty much the moment they realized I would be gone for over a year (will do a world trip after the AT).
Christmas this year will be very special. Family time :)

Austin 2014
11-11-2013, 10:59
I hit the trail on March 22. Hope to see you out there!

CarlZ993
11-11-2013, 13:10
+1. Great operation. You won't be disappointed. Used them this past March.

CarlZ993
11-11-2013, 13:11
I hit the trail on March 22. Hope to see you out there!
Another Austinite on the AT. I know of three that finished this year: me (Zman), Trucker, & Beacon. Maybe more that I don't know about.

Cornish_Will
11-11-2013, 14:53
+1. Great operation. You won't be disappointed. Used them this past March.

Had a look at them today, looks great! A lot cheaper than I had budgeted for. Will get that booked tonight, then all that's left is the walking :-? The nerves have turned to excitement now. A little over 4 months to go!

http://banjosandblisters.blogspot.co.uk/

Autummyst
11-11-2013, 15:14
Love the fact you guys are traveling so far do this it. One step closer for you. Has anyone thought about steps? Did a quick calculation and we will be taking over 5 million steps next summer.

I bought a fitbit (a simple pedometer) that I've used in my every day life. I plan on bringing it on the trail to actually keep track of how many steps I take per day. I'll report that along with mileage and stuff to post on our blog for friends/families/fellow hikers to read. I thought it would be cool to see :)

Autummyst
11-11-2013, 15:15
Booking was great indeed. The trail became quite real :)

Almost too real for my family. It was pretty much the moment they realized I would be gone for over a year (will do a world trip after the AT).
Christmas this year will be very special. Family time :)

GoodGerman, what other places do you plan to travel too? or just playing it by ear? 97 days left!!! :o

Trailweaver
11-11-2013, 15:50
Funny. . . I just e-mailed the HH about something else. They are great - best breakfast you will have for several days once you start hiking. You'll love it here! Welcome to the USA!

GoodGerman
11-11-2013, 16:53
GoodGerman, what other places do you plan to travel too? or just playing it by ear? 97 days left!!! :o

I used to live in a dorm with a lot of international students from all over the world. So there are a lots of people in various different countries I am really looking forward to visit next year. :)

Promised a friend to hike the JMT with her once I've finished the AT.
So I will visit her in Arizona (might hitchhike), ride to California and go from there. After that trip my us visum is pretty much expired so I have to leave the United States.

So she will just drop me at the mexican border and I will wing it from there.

Because I gave away all my stuff there really is nothing that has to be taken care of. Well except the pack on my back of course. :)

Austin 2014
11-11-2013, 17:09
Another Austinite on the AT. I know of three that finished this year: me (Zman), Trucker, & Beacon. Maybe more that I don't know about.

Banzai from Austin finished a NOBO thru this year too! We did a few practice hikes together. Congrats on your thru!

Comet Omega
11-11-2013, 19:26
Shooting for March 19 or 20 myself. Hope to meet you out there. May do the loop at Lake G'town weekend before Thanksgiving or early the week of Thanksgiving. PM if interested.

Autummyst
11-12-2013, 02:35
I used to live in a dorm with a lot of international students from all over the world. So there are a lots of people in various different countries I am really looking forward to visit next year. :)

Promised a friend to hike the JMT with her once I've finished the AT.
So I will visit her in Arizona (might hitchhike), ride to California and go from there. After that trip my us visum is pretty much expired so I have to leave the United States.

So she will just drop me at the mexican border and I will wing it from there.

Because I gave away all my stuff there really is nothing that has to be taken care of. Well except the pack on my back of course. :)

That sounds like a great adventure!!! I hope you enjoy the holidays with your family. :sun

CarlZ993
11-12-2013, 15:08
Banzai from Austin finished a NOBO thru this year too! We did a few practice hikes together. Congrats on your thru!
Thanks.........

revid
11-12-2013, 18:19
I just emailed the Hiker Hostel this:

Will you be updating the special for 2014? Should I plan my flight arrival around a pickup time?

I got this response:

Our thru-hiker special will follow the same dates as last year (and I will be updating the website to reflect that very soon!).

We suggest flights arrive by early afternoon. That being said, hikers arriving with 3 hours of each other will be grouped together.

Let us know if you'd like to make a reservation.

I also checked last week what airfare would cost for a 1 way ticket from Portland, OR to Atlanta and it was only $160 which is less than I thought. This week it is up $20. I wonder if I should purchase a ticket this early or wait until January. That way I could book my reservation with the HH in case it's a busy year.

michaelosborne
11-13-2013, 22:35
It's exciting isn't it!? I'm buying my train ticket down to Georgia on Friday, it seals the deal that it's real and it's gonna happen.

LAF
12-29-2013, 19:29
hope to see you out there. my flights and reservations at the hiker hostel are booked as well. will be on the trail the 25th. amazing how far reaching the trail can be bringing you and others in from other continents. best of luck to everyone :)

dudeijuststarted
01-05-2014, 22:17
I land ATL 3/21 around 8AM. Start hiking 3/22. See you all on the trail!

Dogwood
01-05-2014, 22:25
It's a great feeling when you book those flights, I got my a couple of weeks ago. It seems that it really going to happen after you book the flights .
I fly into Atlanta from Tasmania on the 18 Mar. Start walking on the 20 Mar. Booked in to the Hikers Hostel for the night of 19 Mar.

Norts

Hear ya. When you're making steady forward progress towards the goal of the starting TH it feels GREEEAT! Sooo goood to see all you folks coming from so far away to enjoy the AT. Have aWeEsOmE journeys folks. This is what hiking the AT is about - lots of people from all sorts of back rounds coming to do something in common.

sseldovia
01-12-2014, 15:33
I just got my one-way to Atlanta, too, and a place to stay the night before! So very real, and so very thrilling! I head out on the BMT (shortcutting the full approach) March 15, then from Springer on!

Son Driven
01-12-2014, 19:13
Do I dare contemplate, a 2014 hike?

scrabbler
01-12-2014, 21:37
Cool, looking forward to your updates.

Sno66nj
01-13-2014, 11:12
Booked my march 17 flight last week and confirmed my hiker hostel stay. I can't believe this hike is happening. I have been dreaming about doing this for 6 years, sweeeeeet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jtap0204
01-13-2014, 20:35
This Austinite will be starting Feb 13/14...maybe you'll catch up to us?