PDA

View Full Version : Supercat vs pepsi can stove on titan kettle

nastynate
11-09-2013, 21:51
I've been using a supervisor for about a year with good success. I recently built a pepsi can stove to try. I don't get any benefit. Still takes 3/4 oz of fuel, plus I need a pot stand and taller wind screen. Am I missing something? Using a titan kettle.

Also, are you titan kettle users drinking hot drinks straight out of the pot? Would hot lips work, or maybe a xmug?

jimmyjam
11-09-2013, 22:40
I use one of those Campbell soup single serving hard foam like cups. The cat can fits in it and it nests inside the titanic kettle .

nastynate
11-10-2013, 14:40
Thanks, I'll give on of those a try.

Another Kevin
11-11-2013, 09:30
Between the water for my meal, the water for my hot drinks, and just slopping down some extra water because I probably haven't been hydrating adequately on the trail, I usually find myself using a litre or so in the evening. That means that I'll have an empty Nalgene bottle (I always carry at least one) available. It becomes the hot drink container. I insulate it with a homemade Reflectix cozy (less than an ounce). In the morning, if I don't need to start off with a full load of water, I might even have my second cup of coffee as I walk, particularly if the terrain is gentle enough that I can stow one pole until I'm done with it. But that's because I lead the decadent life of a clueless weekender.

(I also have a GSI Dualist cookset, because sometimes I'm cooking for more than just myself. If I'm feeling luxurious on a solo trip, I might nest a mug from the GSI set into my grease pot.)