PDA

View Full Version : 2014 CDT Mapbooks are published

bearcreek
11-20-2013, 19:55
New, updated Mapbooks have just been published for NM, CO, and WY. There are no significant changes to the MT book this year. Waypoints to match the books are ready for users to download (free) at www.bearcreeksurvey.com (http://www.bearcreeksurvey.com). The new Colorado book includes the first maps of the recently completed and spectacular high altitude route through the Collegiate Peaks, and the recently approved (but not built) Argentine Spine. Changes in the NM book include new trail constructed south of Hwy 16 in the Gila Forest (Segment 15) and near Hopewell Lake in the Carson Forest. (Segment 29). The WY book has only one change, and it is minor, so if you already have a earlier version it should do fine.

A new Mapbook, "The Continental Divide Trail - Popular Alternates" is also now complete. This 111 page book includes maps of 19 popular unofficial alternate routes along the CDT. It is available as either a print or "print your own" downloadable version. The download version is intended as an inexpensive means to make it possible to print only the maps you will need for your particular hike. This book was compiled using a variety of 3rd party data sources so the maps and data are somewhat less accurate than the official Mapbooks, but they will get you there.
The Alternate routes are:
1. Columbus Deming (New Mexico)
2. Walnut Creek - Silver City to Gila River (New Mexico)
3. Gila River (New Mexico)
4. Pietown - old road walk (New Mexico)
5. Cebolla Wilderness (New Mexico)
6. Bonita - Zuni (New Mexico)
7. Mt. Taylor Summit (New Mexico)
8. Ghost Ranch (New Mexico)
9. Creede (Colorado)
10. Collegiates Peaks Low Route (Colorado)
11. Copper Mtn - Silverthorne - Jones Pass (Colorado)
12. Argentine Spine (Colorado)
13. Cirque of the Towers (Wind Rivers, WY)
14. Knapsack Col (Wind Rivers, WY)
15. Leeds Creek (Wyoming) - Avoiding the bushwhack near Fish Lake
16. Mack’s Inn (Wyoming - Idaho)
17. Anaconda (Montana)
18. Spotted Bear (Bob Marshall WA, MT)
19. Dawson Pass (Glacier NP, MT)

litespeed
11-21-2013, 13:26
I just got the download version of the Alternates book and I am stoked for next summer - I am thinking of doing some loops using the official trail and the alternates. Black Range plus Gila in NM is for sure, possibly some fall hikes in the Winds.

SunnyWalker
12-06-2013, 01:00
How may I get the hard copy of the Popular Alternatives book? Give you a call?

bearcreek
12-06-2013, 16:54
Books are all here:http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/bearcreek1035

SunnyWalker
12-07-2013, 02:18
Thank you Bearcreek. I was going to the wrong site I guess. i ordered the Alternatives, NM, CO, and WY. Upon your advice will re-use 2013 MT, not that I ever actually USED it! Thanks! -SunnyWalker

SunnyWalker
12-07-2013, 02:22
2013 I ordered and rec'd from you the SD cards with the waypoints loaded on them. I just then put each one in my GPS Unit. What's the chances of doing a repeat for 2014 for the states of NM, CO and WY? Thank you.

bearcreek
12-07-2013, 11:19
2013 I ordered and rec'd from you the SD cards with the waypoints loaded on them. I just then put each one in my GPS Unit. What's the chances of doing a repeat for 2014 for the states of NM, CO and WY? Thank you.

Here is a link where you can get the SD cards: http://www.bearcreeksurvey.com/end_user_sd.htm