PDA

View Full Version : any experience with terra nova tents

LAF
11-21-2013, 11:19
looking at different options for a new lt tent; so many options from BA (FC2) to Zpacks (hexamid plus or duplex). Curious if anyone has any experience with Terra Nova tents, Solar Photon 2 specifically? Durable enough for AT? looking to invest soon so I have time enough time to "break it in" :)

Venchka
11-21-2013, 12:16
A solid inner wall tent will be slightly warmer in the cold and definitely warmer in the heat. Do you NEED a two person tent? Have you looked at TarpTent tents? The StratoSpire 1 & 2 are significantly less expensive, substantially larger, full net interior for summer bug conditions and the StratoSpire 2 is only 7 ounces heavier than the Solar Photon 2.

LAF
11-21-2013, 21:54
Haven't really looked at the StratoSpire but was looking seriously at the TT Double Rainbow. Yeah, I'm a space hog for a little guy; decided that at times I want some "comfort" so looking for something that is light, as durable as can be expected and actually doesn't need to sleep 2 comfortably (1.5 would be fine :) ) Had also considered ZPacks Hexamid Plus but a little leary of the cuban fiber.