PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts to Springer late March to April 15

Ghillie
11-24-2013, 02:42
Anyone passing through or leaving from anywhere in Massachusetts? I can offer gas money + some and good conversation. Respond or PM and we can talk more thanks guys!

Second Hand
11-24-2013, 10:32
What are you looking for? just a ride? or someone to hike with?

Ghillie
11-24-2013, 12:20
At the least just a ride, but I'm definitely open to the idea of a partner. Since we're going to be starting the same day and just rode together for twenty hours it wouldn't be a bad idea to start hiking together. What about you?

Slo-go'en
11-24-2013, 13:04
When I saw the title of this thread I thought "Hiking to Springer from Mass in March? What are you nuts?" :)

Good luck finding a ride. Nearly everyone takes public transportation for a number of logistical reasons. Like at some point, they'd have to go back and get the car. So, it would only be practical for someone who is planning a short section hike to drive down there.

You might have better luck using Craigs list or the like to find someone driving the I-95 coridor to say Florida who can drop you off at Atlanta or there abouts.

Ghillie
11-24-2013, 16:54
Thanks for the advice. Was just trying to see if I fact anyone would be going down there at that time.. Amtrak is my last resort, not that it's a bad idea at all.

Second Hand
11-24-2013, 19:07
I think I misunderstood as well. I thought you were hiking south bound to Springer from MA. If that were the case, I'm in MA and would be willing to drop you off. You can take the Megabus from Boston to Washington for $29, then Washington to Atlanta for $59. I think they have offer discounts as well, but that's cheaper then what you would pay a stranger in gas $. And your also not stuck alone in a car for 20+ hours if that stranger turns out to be a weirdo.

Good luck