PDA

View Full Version : BFRO-Big Foot sighting on Unaka Mountain Range

Gray Blazer
11-27-2013, 08:38
This allegedly happened between Buladean and Erwin, TN. That is about as close to the AT as you can get. 10-K, have your camera ready at all times.

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=37267

This substantiates my point that the Searching for Big Foot guys need to go out in the daytime. A large percentage of sightings happen in daylight. What was interesting to me is that the Big Foot made the knocking sounds with his hands. I always assumed they picked up a stick and rapped the tree.

Bags4266
11-27-2013, 09:52
I saw one too he was standing next to the gnome and unicorn engaging in conversation.

WingedMonkey
11-27-2013, 10:07
Maybe it was Bryce's inflatable woman.

Capt Nat
11-27-2013, 10:30
Hey, These things are real! I was married to ones sister...

Namtrag
11-27-2013, 10:46
So I guess the guy made it all up from 20 yards away?

russb
11-27-2013, 10:56
Was compelled to file a report about his sighting, but didn't consider crossing the stream to get a photo of tracks, or collect hair samples. As a fellow trout fisherman, something smells fishy.

Odd Man Out
11-27-2013, 13:38
Based on all the evidence, I would say that you will only see a Bigfoot if you don't have a camera with you.

Namtrag
11-27-2013, 13:48
I am sure I would have time to put my gear down, and pull my phone out, turn it on, and focus on the bigfoot in the time it takes him to haul ass out of there.

MedicineWoman2012
11-27-2013, 13:59
I would have a hard time convincing my twelve yr old son there is a big foot ...I find it entertaining and amusing when adults try convincing other adults there is one along the Unaka Mtn..lol

A.T.Lt
11-27-2013, 14:07
I saw one too he was standing next to the gnome and unicorn engaging in conversation.

Me too! Then he flew away on the pegasus!

Colter
11-27-2013, 14:18
I don't think it was a Bigfoot. It was a huge troll.

dmax
11-27-2013, 14:27
25% of the residents of Unicoi county could probably pass as Bigfoot. Might even have been one of my in laws, or out laws...

Gray Blazer
11-27-2013, 14:27
I am sure I would have time to put my gear down, and pull my phone out, turn it on, and focus on the bigfoot in the time it takes him to haul ass out of there.

If you see one for real, you will not be thinking about taking a pic. You will be getting out of Dodge faster than you thought you could move.

moytoy
11-27-2013, 17:46
This is serious business, you notice GB didn't put this in the humor forum.

10-K
11-27-2013, 17:55
25% of the residents of Unicoi county could probably pass as Bigfoot. .

That was my first thought. :)

Odd Man Out
11-27-2013, 18:22
This is serious business, you notice GB didn't put this in the humor forum.

My comment was serious. Rhetorical observation that there are many sightings, but never a good picture (or a DNA sample). I would love to have some hard evidence as much an anyone. The fact that there are numerous sightings with no other evidence makes for a curious puzzle, not matter what turns out to be the truth.

Gray Blazer
11-27-2013, 18:24
That was my first thought. :)

That right there is funny.

Train Wreck
11-27-2013, 21:07
We were in the Standing Indian Rec area about a month ago, just fly fishing for the day, and the BFRO Southeast group was conducting a weekend exercise there. The guy leading the group came over to tell us what they were doing in case we were planning to camp there overnight (we weren't). I gathered they conduct group events or training, or whatever, on certain weekends. We left before any of the group he was expecting arrived.

Kookork
11-27-2013, 22:06
He mentioned further in his report of sighting that since he could not take any photo of BF to prove the case he took a photo of his pants soaking wet to prove that he has really been scared and so it was definitely Big Foot.

Namtrag
11-27-2013, 22:22
If you see one for real, you will not be thinking about taking a pic. You will be getting out of Dodge faster than you thought you could move.

I know! I made a poor attempt at being sarcastic in reply to the comment about no pictures

jj2044
11-27-2013, 22:34
Im really sorry guys, this was me... I was out on a hiking trip and camped by the river... I sleep in the nude. I woke up and went down by the river to get a drink and saw some pervert staring at me !!!! so I yelled a few times and went about my morning business, my shoes had some mud in the tread so I beat them 2 times each on a tree to knock it off..... the growl was me taking a crap, dinner the night before was Chicken and white bean chili , mountain house meal, WOW!! really did a number on me .

jj2044
11-27-2013, 22:40
it cracks me up that people still believe in big foot, there is a never a good pic, never one killed, never one found dead, never seen from a low flying airplane, NOTHING ! these things are suppose to be 8 feet tall !!! and NOONE has been able to get a decent pic or shoot one with all the hunters in that area... give me an f'in break !!

Namtrag
11-27-2013, 23:20
I'm on the skeptic side of the fence, but not totally against it being possible...here is an interesting pice of footage

http://cliffbarackman.com/research/field-investigations/the-brown-footage/

Gray Blazer
11-27-2013, 23:26
And yet credible people put their reputation on the line all the time. I did not believe until I saw the fresh prints on the FT. I always carry a point and shoot camera in my front pocket. Needless to say, I was scared $hitless and did not even stop to get the camera out. I still kick myself in the butt cuz I would have had some of the best clear pics ever.

My BFRO report.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=25979

Call me crazy, but I know what I saw.

rocketsocks
11-27-2013, 23:49
I believe...

Theosus
11-28-2013, 00:18
it cracks me up that people still believe in big foot !!

People believe in Angels and Satan, and there's even less evidence for those mythical creatures to exist... Bigfoot isn't a big stretch.
An undiscovered primate species? Sure, why not, after all the thought the coelacanth was extinct and it isn't. I believe it's probable, more so then some evil former angel that tries to warp our minds.

rocketsocks
11-28-2013, 02:56
People believe in Angels and Satan, and there's even less evidence for those mythical creatures to exist... Bigfoot isn't a big stretch.
An undiscovered primate species? Sure, why not, after all the thought the coelacanth was extinct and it isn't. I believe it's probable, more so then some evil former angel that tries to warp our minds.

Naw man, Dat dudes fo reel...jus axe Flip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kaiLcwHXB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kaiLcwHXB4

Siarl
11-28-2013, 05:57
I find it interesting that we can discover and gather evidence, skulls, tools of hominids and other artifacts from a million years ago but we still can't seem to get a hair follicle or teeth from a jawbone of a Big Foot in our own present time line.

Gray Blazer
11-28-2013, 09:06
I find it interesting that we can discover and gather evidence, skulls, tools of hominids and other artifacts from a million years ago but we still can't seem to get a hair follicle or teeth from a jawbone of a Big Foot in our own present time line.

That is true. I've come to my own realization that as BF and man developed they developed two different talents. Man became great hunters (not to mention bred dogs to help them) and BF became very adept at hiding.

I recently read an anthropological book from the 1950's and giant ape/manlike creatures were mentioned from many primitive cultures. I know that doesn't prove anything, but I found it interesting.

dmax
11-28-2013, 09:21
I saw a show on the giants this year. I think they were in Michigan looking for clues. .. Remember Paul Bunyon

Gray Blazer
11-28-2013, 10:53
I saw a show on the giants this year. I think they were in Michigan looking for clues. .. Remember Paul Bunyon

I remember Eli Manning. The only Manning brother to beat the Gators.

Toon
11-28-2013, 10:54
it cracks me up that people still believe in big foot, there is a never a good pic, never one killed, never one found dead, never seen from a low flying airplane, NOTHING ! these things are suppose to be 8 feet tall !!! and NOONE has been able to get a decent pic or shoot one with all the hunters in that area... give me an f'in break !!

Bigfoot aliens from another demention

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Gray Blazer
11-28-2013, 11:46
Bigfoot aliens from another demention

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

I heard a theory that the government was breeding them to make super soldiers. If you research BFRO you'll find stories where several rounds have been emptied into a Big Foot and it did not die (on the spot anyways).

pipsissewa
11-29-2013, 08:22
Based on all the evidence, I would say that you will only see a Bigfoot if you don't have a camera with you.

...or if you're a BFRO conventioneer!

Trail Bug
11-29-2013, 08:25
I have no real idea what I saw that night, but it was clearly not a bear.

YEAR: 1984
SEASON: Summer
MONTH: June
DATE: Saturday
STATE: Virginia (http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=VA)
COUNTY: Augusta County (http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=VA&county=Augusta)
LOCATION DETAILS: Go south on 664 from Sherando. Turn west on FR42 and go 1-2 miles. You come to a small bridge where creek crosses road. There is a pull off on right side of road. The forest service has bulldozed the area in later years and site does not look the same.
NEAREST TOWN: Sherando
NEAREST ROAD: FR42
OBSERVED: In early June we were sleeping in back of truck when my wife woke up and saw something big walk past the truck.
It went over to where I had our trash bags (10-20 feet from truck) tied up in a tree to keep animals away.The bags contained the remains of a chicken we had cooked over the fire, plus other garbage.I am 5'8" and had the bags tied up high enough that I could not reach them. You could see the white bags moving as it reached up and grabbed one of the bags out of the tree. I had my wife crawl through the window into the cab and honk the horn. It just turned and looked at us but did not run off. It always stayed on two legs and looked wider and taller than a bear. After taking one bag it went off into the woods and you could hear it tearing open the bag and eating the contents.About a half hour later it came back into the camp and took the other bag out of the tree.I had a flash light but did not leave the truck to get a good look at it. We could only see its shape when it was getting the bags. After taking the last bag and leaving I had my wife hold the pistol while I got out and threw everything into the truck and we left and spent the rest of the night in a pull off near interstate 64.
ALSO NOTICED: We did not notice any smell, it made no noise and we saw no footprints, but area was hard ground and dry where we camped.
OTHER WITNESSES: Myself and my wife.
OTHER STORIES: No. We went back several years later and camped at the same site with no sightings. I have spent a lot of time camping over the years and never saw anything unusual before or since then.
TIME AND CONDITIONS: Between 12-2 AM
partly cloudy, partial moon.
Wife says it was a full moon
ENVIRONMENT: Relatively flat, forested with small creeks and vegatation. Is a wilderness area and FR42 continues over to St. Mary's trail near Steeles Tavern.

Bronk
11-29-2013, 10:21
If these things existed we would have a picture of one from a game camera by now.

Bucketfoot
11-29-2013, 11:04
Bigfoot only exits for the purpose of terrorizing stealth campers on the AT.

Trail Bug
11-29-2013, 13:30
Here is the rest of the above article that did not post correctly. Not sure what we actually saw, but it was no bear. Stayed on two legs the whole time. I was a little skeptical till that night. Now not so sure.

YEAR: 1984

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: Saturday

STATE: Virginia

COUNTY: Augusta County

LOCATION DETAILS: Go south on 664 from Sherando. Turn west on FR42 and go 1-2 miles. You come to a small bridge where creek crosses road. There is a pull off on right side of road. The forest service has bulldozed the area in later years and site does not look the same.

NEAREST TOWN: Sherando

NEAREST ROAD: FR42

OBSERVED: In early June we were sleeping in back of truck when my wife woke up and saw something big walk past the truck.
It went over to where I had our trash bags (10-20 feet from truck) tied up in a tree to keep animals away. The bags contained the remains of a chicken we had cooked over the fire, plus other garbage. I am 5'8" and had the bags tied up high enough that I could not reach them. You could see the white bags moving as it reached up and grabbed one of the bags out of the tree. I had my wife crawl through the window into the cab and honk the horn. It just turned and looked at us but did not run off. It always stayed on two legs and looked wider and taller than a bear. After taking one bag it went off into the woods and you could hear it tearing open the bag and eating the contents. About a half hour later it came back into the camp and took the other bag out of the tree. I had a flash light but did not leave the truck to get a good look at it. We could only see its shape when it was getting the bags. After taking the last bag and leaving I had my wife hold the pistol while I got out and threw everything into the truck and we left and spent the rest of the night in a pull off near interstate 64.

ALSO NOTICED: We did not notice any smell, it made no noise and we saw no footprints, but area was hard ground and dry where we camped.

OTHER WITNESSES: Myself and my wife.

OTHER STORIES: No. We went back several years later and camped at the same site with no sightings. I have spent a lot of time camping over the years and never saw anything unusual before or since then.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Between 12-2 AM
partly cloudy, partial moon.
Wife says it was a full moon

ENVIRONMENT: Relatively flat, forested with small creeks and vegatation. Is a wilderness area and FR42 continues over to St. Mary's trail near Steeles Tavern.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mike Aragona:

I spoke to the witness over the phone on the evening of January 20th. The witness is now in his fifties. He and his wife recalled the encounter in detail.

The garbage bags were white and estimated to be hung 9 to 10 feet from the ground. The animal entered the camp sometime after midnight. The witness was not sure of the time but remembers it was late.

During the entire time of the encounter the animal moved bipedal on two legs and never went down to all fours. It was seen swatting at the garbage bags until it grabbed hold of one of the bags. It then walked off into the woods with the garbage bag at an estimated 5 to 6 feet from the ground while the animal was carrying it.

The animal looked bigger then a bear. There was no smell associated with the animal and no tracks found.

The witness did not follow the animal into the woods after it took the garbage bags. No features could be made out and the vehicle had the rear facing toward the hanging garbage bags, so the headlamps could not be illuminated on the animal.

juma
11-29-2013, 13:51
they do exist.

BabySue
11-29-2013, 19:46
I want to believe.

Gray Blazer
12-01-2013, 06:24
Thanks Trail Bug for being brave. People act like I'm a kook. But if they saw what I saw they would sound like kooks, too.