View RSS Feed

Wise Old Owl

Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder.
John F. Kennedy

  1. Anker Battery Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    The quick charge mode Leo speaks of is a smart mode - In the first few seconds of connecting a charger the phone decides thru a resistive bridge network hidden at the manufactures included charger. I have posted the diagram here in the past. The phone looks to see the data wires shorted, the correct volts/amps for power charging, and resistance. If the phone doesn't see the three things all correct it flags the user with a beep and message and selects the slower 6-8 hour charge instead of the two.
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How Big of an Issue is Lyme Disease Today on the AT

    Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    Really? I am a vet.

    There is "no way" I could get the VA to hand out antibiotics, and my private MD would never do it either.

    The fact is, hikers are atypical for the amount of exposure to ticks and thru-hikers more atypical.

    I would say that increases your chance of getting an infected tick and that statistic would be more than a random chance of death by car accident, much more so, of injury by car accident, because of the sample size: nearly every
    ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. shelter etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken Skullz View Post
    Well said Dogtra.

    I have a saying that I like to bring up when forums get hot under the collar. It's actually a simple poem that goes like this:

    You have your opinion and I have mine.
    We can disagree and that's just fine.
    Let's keep it courteous and not cross the line, because when words try to hurt us, we all lose our mind.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Is there really so much animosity towards dogs/their owners on the AT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I believe all the replies to this thread have been sincere.

    You are correct that the reality on the Trail is that most people keep their opinions and feelings to themselves regarding dogs.

    I disagree with you if you are suggesting at the opinions expressed in this thread are not real, however.

    I am not sure it is so bad that people feel comfortable sharing them on WB, who would otherwise keep these opinion to themselves in the woods. I definitely think dogs
    ...
    Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. NORO virus how it is spread, some ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
    My daughter thru hiked the AT last year. She hiked in a small bubble. About half her group got the NORO virus, she did not. The group talked about the virus and what to do to not get it, yet still half did. I asked what her thoughts were on who did and who did not. 1st she washed her hands and rinsed in pumped water. Same for cooking utensils. She got sick years ago from contaminated cookware so she learned this lesson. She did not share food. She did not share other things you put in
    ...
    Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast