View RSS Feed

snifur

1. Week 3 - 29 Mar - 4 Apr 2011

29 Mar 2011 - Tues - Day 15: Made it to the Hike Inn in Fontana Dam, NC (11.4miles). 55degrees clear and sunny. The Inn is a great place to stay. The people are nice and the rooms are great. Have to go to town to get waterproof spray for all of my gear. It is supposed to rain when I leave in the morning.

30 Mar 2011 - Wed - Day 16: Left the Hike Inn and hiked to Russell Field Shelter in the rain and mud (14.9 miles). The Smoky Mountains are a let down. Morale is low. 50degrees and ...
    Categories
    Quest Status
  2. Week 2: 22-28 Mar 2011

22 Mar 2011 - Tues - Day 8: zero day --rest and recovery at Hiawassee Inn for sore knees. Feeling much better and ready to hit the trail tomorrow. Plan to take the shuttle to Dicks Creek Gap at 0830. The GA border is only 9 miles from Dicks Creek Gap, so I plan to stay at Muskrat Creek shelter tomorrow. Completed gear check for defects and everything is still ok. Thoroughly cleaned all water bottles, stove, etc. Bought a fleece throw for an extra liner inside the tent to take the chill off. It doesn’t ...

Updated 04-21-2011 at 23:27 by snifur

Categories
    Quest Status