WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

DBCFlash

1. Collecting gear

I have been collecting gear and theories on how to use the gear, primarily from Whiteblaze.net. I've also been picking the brains of those I know who have done some hiking, and I'm starting to get an idea of what my hike might end up being.
    Having read many posts in the forums, and a good many blogs, I truly get the impression that there are many, significantly different reasons and goals for hitting the AT.
    Despite the number of posts indicating that a pack should be the last thing ...

Updated 03-02-2011 at 23:08 by DBCFlash

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Section hiking for the first time.

After hearing about my friends trips to the AT, I have decided that I need to find out what it's all about. I've always enjoyed the outdoors, and have tried a number of activities that require being in 'the wilderness' (IE: hunting, snowmobiling, skiing, logging, off-roading) and I've come to realize the common thread. Being in the wilderness.
    Hiking seems to be the purest form of 'being' in the wilderness. It's as basic and simple as walking in the woods. Sure, there is the equipment, and ...

Updated 03-01-2011 at 21:45 by DBCFlash

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3