WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

bgood360

1. Endings and Beginnings

After much agonizing, I finally decided to leave my trusty REI Half Dome (purchased in 2000 for a climb up Kilimanjaro) at home and go with something new. The Half Dome has served me well on Kili and all over Texas (Big Bend, the Big Thicket, Dinosaur Valley State Park, South Padre, Caprock Canyons, Palo Duro Canyon, Guadelupe National Mountains, etc. -- you name it) and I could set it up half asleep, in the wind, in the rain, in the dark, and on occasion under all four conditions at once on the ...

Updated 02-08-2012 at 22:51 by bgood360

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 7 Weeks

Out of curiosity, I looked at the calendar and discovered that today is precisely seven weeks out from the start of my hike.

Attaching an exact number to the time left before departure certainly makes it real -- daily planning left to do (mileage, where to stop for the night, sights to see, resupply, etc.), real work to do for clients so none of my professional contacts are left high and dry while I'm gone, and plenty of projects around the cabin that need to be done before I go (including ...

Updated 02-08-2012 at 22:51 by bgood360

Tags: prep, preparation Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6