WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Teacher & Snacktime

1. NO HIKER LEFT BEHIND....Part Two

No Hiker Left Behind....Part Two

“What a beautiful day” Teacher started to say, as she reached out and hoisted her pack.
    Once it was lifted she squirmed and she shifted until it set onto her back.
    The pack weight was more than she'd dealt with before. “It's awfully heavy” she sighed.
    (Last night she'd been packing and sleep she was lacking and thus it had never been tried.)

But Snacktime whose pack was secure on his back was already off at

Updated 05-27-2014 at 16:41 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Amicalola Falls

I need to interrupt the chronology of our reports because I can't wait to tell everyone about today's adventure at Amicalola State Park near Dahlonega, GA. Because of the forced “easing up” I've been observing, this trip's activity level was reduced to nothing more than that of prologue to our hike to the Springer Mountain Terminus of the AT. As a great many AT thruhikers begin their journey at AFSP by passing through the archway and tackling the strenuous 8 mile AT Approach Trail, it seemed fitting ...

Updated 07-29-2014 at 23:19 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 10 Weird Things Hiking the AT Does to Your Mind, Body, & Spirit....

1) I have to pull over when I'm driving past a mountain to keep from having an accident, since my mind is immediately shanghaied into imagining exactly how I would navigate the ridge....

2) I can't look at a photo or postcard of beautiful, natural places without longing to be there.

3) I seek out total strangers who could possibly understand this burgeoning obsession, because no one I know has a clue.

4) I carefully weigh my clothing/footwear and gear
    Categories
    Uncategorized