WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View RSS Feed

Teacher & Snacktime

1. The best hike ever !!!

Our Pen Mar to Pine Grove Forest SP section was the best hiking experience we've had so far, thanks mostly to the advice, efforts and hospitality of PATC Ridgerunner, '98 Thru-hiker and overall indefatiguable AT enthusiast Bob "Junker" Freeman!

Our original plan of hiking the 38 miles in 8 low-mileage, pack-laden days was converted to a 5-day, pack-free, lively slack-packin' stroll through the ridges and rocks with our evenings at a lovely pool and our nights in the cozy ...

Updated 06-24-2013 at 18:33 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. With Apologies to the Pointer Sister.....

WE'RE SO EXCITED!
    WE JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!
    WE'RE ABOUT TO TAKE A HIKE AND WE THINK WE LIKE IT!

We're off to PA to finish what we started in April, and with the help of Junker, we'll be slack-packin' fools all the way to the Half Gallon Challenge! Leaving all that pack weight behind leaves room for our Magic Bags, so we're hoping to bump into many other hikers so Snacktime can deliver his goodies personally!

This is our last hike of the school year, and likely ...

Updated 06-13-2013 at 00:03 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. "On the Trail Again, We Just Can't Wait to Get on the Trail Again....."

Finally! Snacktime, Strife and I are heading out for round #2. Thanks one and all for the info and advice on the trail, shelters and sights of CT. We'll be putting it all to good use!

Updated 09-03-2013 at 11:19 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Letter Home....sigh.

Dear Adoring Fans.....and everyone else,

Let it be known throughout the land that the AT Trio has to this point accomplished many of their goals: A great train ride, lunch on the steps of the Capitol Bldg in DC, an educational tour of Harper's Ferry including 3, count 'em 3 Jr. Ranger Badges, distribution of approx 60 Trail Magic Bags hand-made by Snacktime for hikers, an educational tour of the South Mountain battlefields at Crampton, Fox and Turners Gaps (Fox Gap being the site of ...

Updated 04-22-2013 at 01:53 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It's Finally Our Turn...

All the supplies and way too much food have been packed: Snacktime will be toting approx. 22lbs with F&W, I'll have about the same but without the F&W, and Strife has the lion's share of the weight at 31lbs.

I zipped and buckled the last pack shaking my head and knowing I'd made rookie mistakes....too much gear, too much food, too much weight, too much planning....but I can't bring myself to care. Perhaps I've overthought everything, but at this point I just want to deal with ...

Updated 04-14-2013 at 22:03 by Teacher & Snacktime

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast